British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Brisbane toll roads (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/brisbane-toll-roads-620469/)

jazzys Jul 16th 2009 7:38 am

Brisbane toll roads

Never used the toll roads since this new system came in where you can't just pay at a kiosk.

I know i need to get one of these Govia tag things but i need to use the logan motorway on saturday morning.

Whats my options? Do they still have manned kiosks?

Jazzys

Bernieboy Jul 16th 2009 7:43 am

Re: Brisbane toll roads

Originally Posted by jazzys (Post 7757182)
Never used the toll roads since this new system came in where you can't just pay at a kiosk.

I know i need to get one of these Govia tag things but i need to use the logan motorway on saturday morning.

Jazzys

"Manned" kiosk,tut tut Jazzy you little sexist;)

jazzys Jul 16th 2009 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy (Post 7757198)
"Manned" kiosk,tut tut Jazzy you little sexist;)

Haha, soz mate. I suppose it is womans work anyway.

Cue abuse

Jazzys

JackTheLad Jul 16th 2009 8:23 am

Originally Posted by jazzys (Post 7757182)

Jazzys

I have numerous questions about this.

First of all I should say I have the go via tag, long before it was called that, so I can use the gateway bridge to the airport without stopping.

Now, I read in an advert in the paper today, they would love everyone to buy what is now called the govia tag. But if not, you will get the govideo charge, whereby your car will be automatically identified by its number plate and charged when it passes through.

Question 1. Has anyone ever been stopped for having a "muddy" number plate. (so muddy the number plate is unreadable)?

Question 2. Use a water based marker pen to change the 'E' to an '8', the 'P' to an '8', the 'L' to an 'E' etc. Drive through the govideo toll, and wipe it off again. What is to stop that?

Question 3. How long before someone develops a flick switch lcd cover for Number plates that can make them opaque for a few seconds.

It just seems like a huge area for skipping paying the toll. Its not been thought through.

The only thing I can think of, is if they have booths at the other end of the toll road, and any car that didn't get registered properly on entering could be stopped before exiting.

JTL

Broad Shoulders Jul 16th 2009 8:36 am

Originally Posted by JackTheLad (Post 7757262)
I have numerous questions about this.

First of all I should say I have the go via tag, long before it was called that, so I can use the gateway bridge to the airport without stopping.

Now, I read in an advert in the paper today, they would love everyone to buy what is now called the govia tag. But if not, you will get the govideo charge, whereby your car will be automatically identified by its number plate and charged when it passes through.

Question 1. Has anyone ever been stopped for having a "muddy" number plate. (so muddy the number plate is unreadable)?

Question 2. Use a water based marker pen to change the 'E' to an '8', the 'P' to an '8', the 'L' to an 'E' etc. Drive through the govideo toll, and wipe it off again. What is to stop that?

Question 3. How long before someone develops a flick switch lcd cover for Number plates that can make them opaque for a few seconds.

It just seems like a huge area for skipping paying the toll. Its not been thought through.

The only thing I can think of, is if they have booths at the other end of the toll road, and any car that didn't get registered properly on entering could be stopped before exiting.

JTL

Seems like an awful lot of effort to avoid a $2.90 toll. You've been watching too much of The Italian Job!

scottishcelts Jul 16th 2009 8:46 am

Originally Posted by jazzys (Post 7757206)

Cue abuse

Jazzys

:ohmy::eek: I can think of better things to do with my time!

sonlymewalter Jul 16th 2009 8:51 am

They still have the pay kiosks and the bloody go via doesn't work:thumbdown:

It's so slow that a lot still go via the go via kiosk as it's quicker:blink:

Go via go faster my arse:curse:

JackTheLad Jul 16th 2009 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders (Post 7757280)
Seems like an awful lot of effort to avoid a $2.90 toll. You've been watching too much of The Italian Job!

Hmmm:confused: Slapping a bit of mud on your number plate to avoid $2.90*5*2*52= $1508.

Yeah, I couldn't be arsed either :rolleyes:

JTL

And I don't get the Italian job reference, at no point did I recommend just BLOWING THE BLOODY DOORS OFF!!!:eek:

Pollyana Jul 16th 2009 9:10 am

Originally Posted by jazzys (Post 7757206)

Cue abuse

Jazzys

Polly gets out her broom and prepares to sweep Jazzys into the banning corner :rofl:

scottishcelts Jul 16th 2009 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7757377)
Polly gets out her broom and prepares to sweep Jazzys into the banning corner :rofl:

:thumbsup::D

Bernieboy Jul 16th 2009 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7757377)

Bloody witch:sneaky:

Pollyana Jul 16th 2009 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy (Post 7757575)
Bloody witch:sneaky:

You wanna be swept out too? :sneaky:

sonlymewalter Jul 16th 2009 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7757590)

Goan, you know you want to:rofl:

Bernieboy Jul 16th 2009 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7757590)

Already been swept tonight thank you:(

Bernieboy Jul 16th 2009 10:31 am

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter (Post 7757593)
Goan, you know you want to:rofl:

I preferred you when you mortal like the rest of us and not a mod:thumbdown: