Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is the Brisbane River Fire Show good?

Wikiposts

Is the Brisbane River Fire Show good?

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:23 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the Brisbane River Fire Show good?

Here's another one anyway!

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Austr...0103b91f31f0b7

Fairly certain a decent photographer could achieve this without photoshopping....but ya never know.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:23 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
it is a fantastic photo! I'm not sure about others though, but I find it really hard to appreciate photography anymore. I used to really love nothing more than to study stunning images. But in this day and age you can so easily fake or reproduce something with the help of a few photoshop tools that suddenly it's difficult to judge what is real photographic skill and what is some nerdy twat who thinks SLR is a type of car has done on his home PC
You've never really recovered from those photoshopped donkey pics have you? Or were they..........?
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bcworld
Here's another one anyway!

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Austr...0103b91f31f0b7

Fairly certain a decent photographer could achieve this without photoshopping....but ya never know.
Tripod, long exposure.... et voila!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:24 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
You've never really recovered from those photoshopped donkey pics have you? Or were they..........?
IT WASN'T ME!

DunRomain set me up. How many more times do I have to explain myself?
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:26 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Broad Shoulders;7902812]

DunRomain set me up. QUOTE]

What a mate! Was it a friend of his girlfriend?
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:32 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kporte;7902815]
Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders

DunRomain set me up. QUOTE]

What a mate! Was it a friend of his girlfriend?
it was Baaaaaaarrrrbara
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 5:45 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

I thought the dump and burn was a thing of the past and the F1-11's had been retired? (or was I dreaming?)

Anyway riverfire - USED to be excellent - lots of pyrotechnics, a bit of music simulcasted on radio and a crowd of people enjoying it....

Unfortunately it got popular - so more people meant fireworks needed to happen at more and more locations so cost more and more... this was dealt with by decreasing the music content of the display and increasing the adverising content of the simulcast.

What happens now is the decent spots are all crammed with crowds from late morning and eventually the fireworks come much like the style of local TV - 2 minutes flash and bang - the a 5minute ad break, then 2 minutes flash and bang, then 5 minute ad break....

Having said all that if you've never been to river fire - its probably worth seeing once - just remember to laugh (on the inside) at all the locals queuing up all day to listen to half an hour of adverts!!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 5:49 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

If you enjoy the F-111 afterburner show then watch it this year as they are being retired by the RAAF next year.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

The last Riverfire I went to (2007 I think) was excellent. My husband's work bussed us to Riverlife area of Kangaroo Point cliffs - we had our own private section of jetty with bar staff refreshing our bubbly every five minutes. Then after the show we had a four course dinner in the Riverlife Marquee. After the crowds had all dispersed, they bussed us back. Very nice.

I usually watched it from the top of our street though - hundreds of people from the neighborhood (and others that come there) sit on the grass, have picnics and a bit of a neighborhood party - all good fun. Can't wait to get home and be able to see fireworks in the sky instead of a trying to watch through a thick layer of dust or pollution.