Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

some legalish advice??

some legalish advice??

Old Sep 4th 2009, 8:23 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute
Default some legalish advice??

I am hoping someone can give me some advice..

I just took delivery of a squeezebox Boom (basically a small network music player) from an internet order - a large internet based company here in Oz.

Unfortunately it has an error message saying "Wireless card Not Installed" - having done some research on the relevant forums, it appears it is a manufacturing weakness where the card can become a bit loose in transit.

Anyway, I contacted the seller and they told me to get in touch with the manufacturer (Logitech) as it is covered by their warranty...

Before I get in a strop with them, does this sound right, as surely they have to take some responsibility for not selling me a working item?

Any advice would be great as I need to get back to their customer service team...

Cheers
Steve
Old Sep 4th 2009, 8:42 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: some legalish advice??

Originally Posted by stevemich
I am hoping someone can give me some advice..

I just took delivery of a squeezebox Boom (basically a small network music player) from an internet order - a large internet based company here in Oz.

Unfortunately it has an error message saying "Wireless card Not Installed" - having done some research on the relevant forums, it appears it is a manufacturing weakness where the card can become a bit loose in transit.

Anyway, I contacted the seller and they told me to get in touch with the manufacturer (Logitech) as it is covered by their warranty...

Before I get in a strop with them, does this sound right, as surely they have to take some responsibility for not selling me a working item?

Any advice would be great as I need to get back to their customer service team...

Cheers
Steve
i am not expert however : http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Co...arranties.html

would suggest that you are entitled to refund because it was not working when you received it.

I would argue for refund. Dont let them give you nonsense about RMA to supplier. JBHifi tried that with us about something and after pushing a littleagreed to swap it since it was not working when it was sold.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 9:08 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
i am not expert however : http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Co...arranties.html

would suggest that you are entitled to refund because it was not working when you received it.

I would argue for refund. Dont let them give you nonsense about RMA to supplier. JBHifi tried that with us about something and after pushing a littleagreed to swap it since it was not working when it was sold.
Cheers for that - will follow it up... and see how it goes
Old Sep 4th 2009, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Happened to me with an MP3 player the company referred me to another company, fortunately in Melbourne, we took it in and they gave us a new one it was an Iriver no problems. The company was the importer and supplier.