Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is the Brisbane River Fire Show good?

Is the Brisbane River Fire Show good?

Old Sep 4th 2009, 2:09 am
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is the Brisbane River Fire Show good?

Have an invitation to visit friends up north for weekend or party with neighbours overlooking river/fireworks. The locals seem to think the fireworks is great ...but is it worth staying for?

Would love to hear from anyone who has seen it before.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 2:14 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is the Brisbane River Fire Show good?

Originally Posted by Tooterelli
Have an invitation to visit friends up north for weekend or party with neighbours overlooking river/fireworks. The locals seem to think the fireworks is great ...but is it worth staying for?

Would love to hear from anyone who has seen it before.
It's awesome. Great night, especially if you have a good spot.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 3:41 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

its great but way too busy which makes it more stressful than enjoyable.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 3:46 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

We used to go to Kangaroo Pt cliffs and it wasn't that busy.....loads of room up there even arriving late.

The fireworks and the dump n burn

The Roulettes.........
Old Sep 4th 2009, 3:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bcworld
We used to go to Kangaroo Pt cliffs and it wasn't that busy.....loads of room up there even arriving late.

The Roulettes.........
Yes, The Roulettes were a bit average.....
Old Sep 4th 2009, 3:58 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Yes, The Roulettes were a bit average.....
what's a roulette?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
what's a roulette?
Budget aerobatics team

http://www.airforce.gov.au/Roulettes/
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:07 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

like the red devils in 747s?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:08 am
Account Closed

More like the red weevils in Ladas
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:09 am
I'm Old Gregg!

More like the red weevils in Ladas
meant red arrows
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:12 am
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point

The Roulettes.........

I though The Roulettes were a band but I've been enlightened further down. I thought a dump n burn was what happened after eating a hot curry (so a non-Australian one!) but I may need to be enlightened again!
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:13 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine a few mosquitoes buzzed slowly over yer head in the shape of a triangle. Then a minute later they came back in a diamond shape. Then a minute later a couple of em came back flying beside each other. Then they repeat the above moves. Eventually they stop coming and you just hope the fireworks will be better!
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:14 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Imagine a few mosquitoes buzzed slowly over yer head in the shape of a triangle. Then a minute later they came back in a diamond shape. Then a minute later a couple of em came back flying beside each other. Then they repeat the above moves. Eventually they stop coming and you just hope the fireworks will be better!
have you heard of aeroguard?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:15 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Tooterelli
I thought a dump n burn was what happened after eating a hot curry (so a non-Australian one!) but I may need to be enlightened again!
Now this is a photae and a half!

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Austr....../1399276/M/
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:20 am
I'm Old Gregg!

it is a fantastic photo! I'm not sure about others though, but I find it really hard to appreciate photography anymore. I used to really love nothing more than to study stunning images. But in this day and age you can so easily fake or reproduce something with the help of a few photoshop tools that suddenly it's difficult to judge what is real photographic skill and what is some nerdy twat who thinks SLR is a type of car has done on his home PC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.