Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Buses for children only?

Brisbane Buses for children only?

Old Feb 28th 2011, 6:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Buses for children only?

Originally Posted by rabsody
It's just incredibly frustrating when a 6 mile journey takes an hour to an hour and a half every day. I want to move but I can't afford the $800k to buy a three bed townhouse/unit a few kms closer in.
Slight exaggeration
Old Feb 28th 2011, 6:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Slight exaggeration
Dunno, its taking me pretty close to that at present to do 2-3 miles due to this poxy bus policy!
Old Feb 28th 2011, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Dunno, its taking me pretty close to that at present to do 2-3 miles due to this poxy bus policy!
Talking about the need to spend $800,000 and just getting a townhouse a few kms closer.

BTW, saw another article that day after yours where the bus drivers were complaining about the policy they had to enforce on the 333 route. Seems they don't like it either.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 7:50 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Talking about the need to spend $800,000 and just getting a townhouse a few kms closer.

BTW, saw another article that day after yours where the bus drivers were complaining about the policy they had to enforce on the 333 route. Seems they don't like it either.
I can imagine that they don't enjoy it, if only because of the abuse. Daft thing is - 5.45 tonight, 333 from Lutwyche to Kedron, packed to the gills, real sardine job, driver said to me, that she could do what she liked cos it was after 4pm!!!
Old Feb 28th 2011, 7:51 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Have you forgotten BB's fave mantra, WALK !!!
Old Feb 28th 2011, 7:58 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Have you forgotten BB's fave mantra, WALK !!!
Yes sir, sorry sir, had too much stuff to take to the Post office and to bring into work and it was just tooooooo hot. I walked home this morning, and I'll walk home tomorrow
Do I have to do a penance?
Old Feb 28th 2011, 8:28 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes sir, sorry sir, had too much stuff to take to the Post office and to bring into work and it was just tooooooo hot. I walked home this morning, and I'll walk home tomorrow
Do I have to do a penance?
Yes,a whole day without alcohol
Old Feb 28th 2011, 8:32 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Yes,a whole day without alcohol
I'll do tomorrow - extended shifts at both ends of the day and I'll be asleep in between
Old Feb 28th 2011, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Oh really? I'm so pleased for you that you seem to be an expert in the area that i live in. Here you go:

3 bed unit:
http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...wong-107208957

3 bed unit:
http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...inga-107205413

3 bed townhouse:
http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...inga-107197721

These are not top of the range, they are properties that are reasonably modern with enough room to fit a mother and two teenage daughters and are all in the $750+ bracket.

So the exaggeration is where?????

Fool.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am a fool for thinking you would take it in the light hearted manner it was intended....my apologies for upsetting you even if it was unintentional.

My point was not that there are no 800,000 3 bed town houses...as you and I both know you could spend many millions, specially those with city and river views...just the implication that 3bed townhouses for $800,000 are what most would have to look at to live closer in...I am a bit of an expert as it happens as I have spent 1 year solid searching in the area almost every single weekend to the point of insanity

I have been in many beautiful large $800,000 houses in that area. I was also in a beautiful, large 3 bedroom townhouse last w/e 2k from the city priced at $650,000. It was only that much due to the quality of the fittings. I think an $800,000 townhouse is at the expensive end and there are many large houses in that range and cheaper townhouses. Just saying for those who might seriously be looking at it as an option.

BTW, I agree about the traffic, the rule I've always heard is not to buy past Indooroopilly to avoid the worst Moggill Rd traffic.

Last edited by fish.01; Feb 28th 2011 at 11:59 am.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

I am a fool for thinking you would take it in the light hearted manner it was intended....my apologies for upsetting you.

My point was that not that there are no 800,000 3 bed town houses...just that you need to spend that much to live closer in...I am a bit of an expert as it happens as I have spent 1 year solid searching almost every single weekend to the point of insanity
It didn't seem light hearted, it seemed passive agressive and patronising. I am stuck in a very shitty situation where I have to spend long hours away from my children every day in order to keep a roof over our heads. I am seriously seeking an alternative and I don't appreciate people telling me I am over exaggerating when I even had the broker the other night tell me I would need 850k to move a few kms further in, which I cannot afford as a single parent.

Like you, I have also spent a long time researching the market so unless you live in my area and know the surrounds like I do, I would seriously appreciate it if you could keep the snarky comments to yourself.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am a fool for thinking you would take it in the light hearted manner it was intended....my apologies for upsetting you even if it was unintentional.

My point was not that there are no 800,000 3 bed town houses...as you and I both know you could spend many millions, specially those with city and river views...just the implication that 3bed townhouses for $800,000 are what most would have to look at to live closer in...I am a bit of an expert as it happens as I have spent 1 year solid searching in the area almost every single weekend to the point of insanity

I have been in many beautiful large $800,000 houses in that area. I was also in a beautiful, large 3 bedroom townhouse last w/e 2k from the city priced at $650,000. It was only that much due to the quality of the fittings. I think an $800,000 townhouse is at the expensive end and there are many large houses in that range and cheaper townhouses. Just saying for those who might seriously be looking at it as an option.
Ok great but I am not looking for something with city or river views. I am looking for something within walking distance of public transport - for me so I can get into the city, for my kids so they can get back to school in Kenmore. It has to be low maintenance as I work full time in a demanding job and am studying. I have two cats so it has to either be pet friendly or have some sort of garden. I don't want to live in an area full of noisy students. Must have a car parking space and a reasonable amount of room to house me and two teenage girls. These are my requirements and yet the cheapest I have come across is about $780,000k and that was unsuitable.

Sure, you can get 3 bed places for cheaper (if you want to renovate which I most definitely don't; been there, done that) but the reason i am moving is to create an easy commute so I don't want somewhere that is a 10 minute drive (and then another 20 minutes trying to find a non-existent parking space) to the train. I thought my reasons for moving were very evident in my earlier posts.

Oh, and I should add I would be delighted if you could find me one of these $650,000 high quality fitted out top end townhouses in the western suburbs.

Last edited by rabsody; Feb 28th 2011 at 12:05 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

gmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud of

Driver on the 333 at 3.30pm today: "Sorry you can't get on, school children only till 4pm"
Cross Witch: "But you are half empty and I'm only going one stop - Windsor-Lutwyche"
Driver "There might be children somewhere in between that want to flag me down and get on. You'll have to wait till 4pm."

Guess who will be spending the first part of her shift writing complaint letters to Brisbane Buses :curse: :curse:
That is not acceptable, no way. The 333 is regular service, not a school bus, make sure you get those letters in. I am half tempted to try the 333 at at that time just to kick up a fuss. The kids need to get home but if they can't be bothered having a school bus service and now full fare paying adults are being refused entry to half empty buses, that's not on. I am not that happy with Brisbane Transport at the moment and reading this made it worse.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gmralston
I am not that happy with Brisbane Transport at the moment and reading this made it worse.
Is anyone? Understatement of the bloody year that! Took me, yet again, over an hour this morning, standing all the way to travel 10kms. Over it!!!!
Old Feb 28th 2011, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rabsody
It didn't seem light hearted, it seemed passive agressive and patronising. I am stuck in a very shitty situation where I have to spend long hours away from my children every day in order to keep a roof over our heads. I am seriously seeking an alternative and I don't appreciate people telling me I am over exaggerating when I even had the broker the other night tell me I would need 850k to move a few kms further in, which I cannot afford as a single parent.

Like you, I have also spent a long time researching the market so unless you live in my area and know the surrounds like I do, I would seriously appreciate it if you could keep the snarky comments to yourself.
My comment came from the knowledge that others who are reading may be interested in the prices rather than snarkydom. Next time I reply to you I'll make sure I make the intention of my post clear. I do know the inner west real estate market in excruciating detail. You can get a great 5 bedroom house 4km from the city in a fantastic suburb for less that $850,000.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.