Bread

Old Aug 30th 2009, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Generali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the rough
Default Bread

DAK where you can buy really good bread in Sydney, preferably West/Inner West? Also, preferably baguette.

TIA
Old Aug 31st 2009, 12:38 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bread

Originally Posted by Generali
DAK where you can buy really good bread in Sydney, preferably West/Inner West? Also, preferably baguette.

TIA
Make your own! Take a read of the breadmaker thread here for recipes.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

Generali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Make your own! Take a read of the breadmaker thread here for recipes.
I'm generally a pretty good cook but I'm rubbish at making bread.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 12:47 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm generally a pretty good cook but I'm rubbish at making bread.
Nobody's rubbish at making bread. If it doesn't work out the first time consider it bird food. Making bread is one of life's great pleasures. Kneading dough is sssooooo good at getting rid of frustration.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 2:11 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Bread in Australia is normally used for building houses due to its consistency.

Sourdough is normally used for washing cars because it's sponge like qualities and low taste value.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Nobody's rubbish at making bread. If it doesn't work out the first time consider it bird food. Making bread is one of life's great pleasures. Kneading dough is sssooooo good at getting rid of frustration.
I am. I don't know how to convince you of this but I have made bread many times and every time it's been a disaster.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 3:34 am
Still alive

I am. I don't know how to convince you of this but I have made bread many times and every time it's been a disaster.
Ok. In that case you could try one of the smaller bakeries. There are Brumbie's and Baker's Delight shops all over the place, but I like to shop at the little independent bakeries.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

Ok. In that case you could try one of the smaller bakeries. There are Brumbie's and Baker's Delight shops all over the place, but I like to shop at the little independent bakeries.
That's the sort of thing I'm after. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good one?
Old Aug 31st 2009, 3:56 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

That's the sort of thing I'm after. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good one?
Bakehouse on Wentworth - Blue Mountains....

There were also some really good suggestions in last week's Good Living magazine for good bread in Sydney if you can get hold of a copy... I think I recycled mine otherwise ...
Old Aug 31st 2009, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

upyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to all

TIA
Theres an Italian cafe/deli in The Piazza, off Bennelong Parkway, Homebush Bay which does some great bread as well as a lot of excellent Italian goodies. Its one of the few redeming features of Homebush Bay.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Victoire's or Adriano Zumbo's on Darling Street in Balmain are both excellent (although I can never be bothered to wait in Adriano's queue these days so always use Victoire's)