Bose sounddock 10

Old Sep 10th 2013, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bose sounddock 10

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
You put a review of a product up. I countered this, having also auditioned this along with other comparable products, just like a few others on here who also agree with my line of thought. If my viewpoint is arrogant, then so be it. I think you are just being a little bit precious to be honest. There are enough people around the world to have experienced Bose gear and I can tell you that there are more detractors than there are fans. That has to be for a reason.

Anyway, your question. At the moment, my system is:

Cyrus CD-8 CD Player (which I'd like to upgrade to a Sony SACD player soon)
Cyrus AV-8 Pre-amp (which I want to upgrade, but not sure what to yet, haven't heard anything good enough to take its place yet)
2 x Cyrus Monoblock Power Amps
2 x Cyrus X-Power Blocks
2 x B&W 604S3 Speakers
Not a fan, personally, of Mission amplification. Always found it a bit to 'bright' for my ears.. decent kit though.
I used to be 'in to' Hi-Fi in a big way at one time, but my Australian home really doesn't led itself to it, big open plan and boxy, so I'm now restricted to the normal sort of 5:1 system used for cinema. Onkyo THX stuff and a Jamo speaker set.
Not sure what your big downer is on Bose kit.. if you listen to as much kit as you claim, then you should know that one mans meat is another mans poison.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCreature
Not a fan, personally, of Mission amplification. Always found it a bit to 'bright' for my ears.. decent kit though.
I used to be 'in to' Hi-Fi in a big way at one time, but my Australian home really doesn't led itself to it, big open plan and boxy, so I'm now restricted to the normal sort of 5:1 system used for cinema. Onkyo THX stuff and a Jamo speaker set.
Not sure what your big downer is on Bose kit.. if you listen to as much kit as you claim, then you should know that one mans meat is another mans poison.
We've had a 5:1 thingo for years, except it's a 2 plus bass for as long as the wires came out the back. That thing has basically been our 'go to' Hi-Fi since the children came along.

What I do plan to do is connect some box of tricks up to my laptop output in my office so that I can then use my 'proper' speakers (in storage) to play media.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
We've had a 5:1 thingo for years, except it's a 2 plus bass for as long as the wires came out the back. That thing has basically been our 'go to' Hi-Fi since the children came along.

What I do plan to do is connect some box of tricks up to my laptop output in my office so that I can then use my 'proper' speakers (in storage) to play media.
I've got more bits of old kit, stuck in wardrobes, than I know what to do with. I've got a pair of KEF monitors, that must have cost me over a grand best part of 15yrs ago, somewhere.... assuming the wife didn't flog them without telling me.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 10:53 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Only separates system I had was based around a Marantz amp and Wharfdale speakers and I loved it. Great for banging out my passion of the time; Status Quo.

The most valuable hifi item for me over the years though has been headphones and I've always been partial to Sennheiser.

Only use earphones nowadays but have stuck with Sennheiser as the sound reproduction seems to suit me.

What's this got to do with Bose sounddock 10? F/A but I wouldn't be allowed to use one of them as would piss everyone off with my wall to wall trance and hardhouse.
Old Oct 26th 2013, 12:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

I really hate to upset anyone but I went to buy a dock for my donga, and guess what the bose was the best imo, and also the cheapest hoodathunkit?

sounddock 2 that is
Old Oct 26th 2013, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I really hate to upset anyone but I went to buy a dock for my donga, and guess what the bose was the best imo, and also the cheapest hoodathunkit?

sounddock 2 that is
"dock for my donga"

Can you keep your sexual practises off the boards please... some of us are of a sensitive disposition.
Old Oct 26th 2013, 11:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TheCreature
"dock for my donga"

Can you keep your sexual practises off the boards please... some of us are of a sensitive disposition.
yeah I see your point, so to speak
Old Mar 9th 2014, 8:18 am
Account Closed

for styling, this beast is unbeatable, what I really want is a dozen or so docks to suit my mood.
Attached Thumbnails Bose sounddock 10-marley-ipod-dock-sku-88873-large.gif  
Old Mar 9th 2014, 8:38 am
Account Closed

I love this one, I want it to sound as good as it looks
Attached Thumbnails Bose sounddock 10-uk_da-e750-xu_006_dynamic_red.jpg  

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Mar 9th 2014 at 8:40 am.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I've got visions of 2 Betty Boothroid statues in your living room now. Kills me when kids come round, eye up the records and say 'what are they?'
Update: I'm sold on Sonus now: meets my 'war aims' nicely.
Love the idea I can queue up from my phone..

Even one '3' or '5' would fill our kitchen and living room nicely and I could move it to the kitchen window for deck gatherings...

but the Chief of Staff wants 2 speakers mounted on the deck pergola...the cost of a sonus 1 is a bit exy...maybe one would do...but it would need mains power...could run a wire inside Sir...
Old Mar 9th 2014, 10:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Update: I'm sold on Sonus now: meets my 'war aims' nicely.
Love the idea I can queue up from my phone..

Even one '3' or '5' would fill our kitchen and living room nicely and I could move it to the kitchen window for deck gatherings...

but the Chief of Staff wants 2 speakers mounted on the deck pergola...the cost of a sonus 1 is a bit exy...maybe one would do...but it would need mains power...could run a wire inside Sir...
Good for you fella, pretty sure I had a play with one of those in Karratha. Nice.

Chief of staff - I lol'd haha