Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bogan Mother Removes Child from school aged 14 so he can go to work

Bogan Mother Removes Child from school aged 14 so he can go to work

Old Sep 5th 2011, 2:55 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bogan Mother Removes Child from school aged 14 so he can go to work

I think it's a bit harsh. Without knowing the full story, I'd rather see a kid getting some kind of education than none at all.

I was a top stream student who lost her way a bit, did the bare minimum to get O'levels, hated sixth form and left in a huff after three weeks, went to work in local govt. and did day-release. I did pretty well for myself (in the commercial world, would have died of boredom in local govt.) before becoming a trailing spouse and sponging off my husband

I'm no child expert but I've done full-time voluntary work in Sg with Out of School Youths; some of them were expelled, some of them had parents in prison or who didn't care what they did, some of them didn't have the money for shoes...Our aim was not to force them back to school but to get them into a suitable alternative kind of education. That may have been the equivalent of TAFE, a private/business school, or into early National Service (for the boys). Even if they just learned life skills.

The selfish parent was the one that signed her boys out of school at 9 and 10 so they could stay at home and keep her company or babysit their half-brother. I worked with them at 16 and 17 - they didn't speak English, rarely left their estate, and were scared of their own shadows. No chance of a life.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

He'll probably be earning much more than 95% of his peers in 10 years time, and wont be straddled with a ton of uni debt either.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 7:04 am
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

some kids just do better out of school(jeezus its frickin borin aint tit)..im sure this young man?whoever he may be is a good en,and will make his mom and dad prouder than they already are..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Sep 5th 2011, 8:05 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Mods, can we please change the title of the thread to "Caring and Responsible Mother organises a trade-based education for her 14 year old son so he can go to work" . . . now that the full facts are known?

Daft rag head
Old Sep 5th 2011, 8:14 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhh, penny's finally dropped from ast's post. Jesus, glad I didn't post the opposite view
Old Sep 5th 2011, 8:21 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
I think it's a bit harsh. Without knowing the full story, I'd rather see a kid getting some kind of education than none at all.

I was a top stream student who lost her way a bit, did the bare minimum to get O'levels, hated sixth form and left in a huff after three weeks, went to work in local govt. and did day-release. I did pretty well for myself (in the commercial world, would have died of boredom in local govt.) before becoming a trailing spouse and sponging off my husband

I'm no child expert but I've done full-time voluntary work in Sg with Out of School Youths; some of them were expelled, some of them had parents in prison or who didn't care what they did, some of them didn't have the money for shoes...Our aim was not to force them back to school but to get them into a suitable alternative kind of education. That may have been the equivalent of TAFE, a private/business school, or into early National Service (for the boys). Even if they just learned life skills.

The selfish parent was the one that signed her boys out of school at 9 and 10 so they could stay at home and keep her company or babysit their half-brother. I worked with them at 16 and 17 - they didn't speak English, rarely left their estate, and were scared of their own shadows. No chance of a life.
some kids like you are acedemic, they just show no interest. This is a great happy medium till later on when they find heir feet
Old Sep 5th 2011, 8:25 am
Auntie Fa

Oh, I just discovered older boys with money and cars Oh and Bacardi
Old Sep 5th 2011, 8:27 am

Oh, I just discovered older boys with money and cars Oh and Bacardi
me too much more fun than bleedin math
Old Sep 5th 2011, 9:01 am
Account Closed

Ohhh, penny's finally dropped from ast's post. Jesus, glad I didn't post the opposite view
i didnt even know monneypenny was expecting,,,jeezus it all happens on ere,,,,,,
Old Sep 5th 2011, 9:17 am
Auntie Fa

Originally Posted by aston
i didnt even know monneypenny was expecting,,,jeezus it all happens on ere,,,,,,
Oi. That's how rumours start. (It's how I found out my husband has been sleeping with one of my best friends for over three years, despite them not having been in the same country the whole time.)
Old Sep 5th 2011, 9:20 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston
Neither did I and considering the surgery I had a few months back it would be a complete bloody miracle. Maybe I could make some money out of it.......
Old Sep 5th 2011, 9:23 am
Auntie Fa

According to my old cleaner all you need is some Chinese herbs, MP.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 9:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

According to my old cleaner all you need is some Chinese herbs, MP.
What, to incubate when the incubator no longer exists? Wow! I'll give it a miss thanks.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 10:12 am
Auntie Fa

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
What, to incubate when the incubator no longer exists? Wow! I'll give it a miss thanks.
I thought I'd explained to her several times (operation, lah, not possible!) but she was adamant it would work; I think we had a bit of a language problem. I did tell a couple of other people there, who also couldn't get it, that I couldn't have children because I used to be a man. (In SEA, that's far more credible.)
Old Sep 5th 2011, 10:18 am
Account Closed

I thought I'd explained to her several times (operation, lah, not possible!) but she was adamant it would work; I think we had a bit of a language problem. I did tell a couple of other people there, who also couldn't get it, that I couldn't have children because I used to be a man. (In SEA, that's far more credible.)
you aint hayley cropper are you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.