British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Bl***y cheek of it (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/bl%2A%2A%2Ay-cheek-615433/)

mika24me Jun 18th 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Bl***y cheek of it

Originally Posted by irishbloo (Post 7676564)
Actually i can understand the ops view.For instance I came home today.My husband poured me a glass of wine,did dinner and helped kids with homework.I am starting divorce proceedings tomorrow,irreconcilable differences.

I don't know how you can compare the two scenarios. One one hand you have a person clearly overstepping personal boundaries without the proper permission, and on the other you have a person mowing grass which will soon be their own:rofl:

Kooky. Jun 18th 2009 1:07 pm

:rofl:

I've just got back from a 12 day trip and the house was suspiciously clean. It was when I went into the bathroom and everything was in the wrong place that I sussed it, but my husband was gobsmacked that I correctly guessed he'd had professional cleaners in yesterday. (Lazy git. Cost him $100 too :eek: )

scottishcelts Jun 18th 2009 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Seasider (Post 7676634)

I've just got back from a 12 day trip and the house was suspiciously clean. It was when I went into the bathroom and everything was in the wrong place that I sussed it, but my husband was gobsmacked that I correctly guessed he'd had professional cleaners in yesterday. (Lazy git. Cost him $100 too :eek: )

:D good idea though :thumbup:

furbacchione Jun 18th 2009 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Santa (Post 7674937)
You've contacted your solicitor beacause someone's done your mowing !!!! Jesus Christ, get a grip.

I see you've adapted to the aussie's subtle ways of communication well LOL.

furbacchione Jun 18th 2009 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by comet555 (Post 7675149)
Ditto. I'd be thrilled if that happened to me.

It's not like they've got the keys to the house and started moving in. I'd be grateful they're wanting to keep the place in great shape, and would see it as a positive sign that they really want the house.

Ya but you're from canuckistan - everyone mows everyone else's lawns - got nothin else to do.

scottishcelts Jun 18th 2009 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by mic n mat (Post 7676772)
Ya but you're from canuckistan - everyone mows everyone else's lawns - got nothin else to do.

Wish that happened round our way - id love that!:thumbsup:

BadgeIsBack Jun 18th 2009 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by asprilla (Post 7676194)
poor old buchanan... I think we've all scared him/her off !

This is the first post in living memory on BE where just about everyone is agreed on the OP, with noone losing it in the process. There has been 1 or 2 sensible posts...

To the OP - it's OK mate! You get another chance..

johnnyx0 Jun 18th 2009 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack (Post 7676783)
There has been 1 or 2 sensible posts...

Sensible posts? Is that like telegraph posts or sumfink? (Well you don't hear 'em cracking jokes, so they gorra be sensible...... Ennit?

BadgeIsBack Jun 18th 2009 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by johnnyx0 (Post 7676805)
Sensible posts? Is that like telegraph posts or sumfink? (Well you don't hear 'em cracking jokes, so they gorra be sensible...... Ennit?

:)
Too late..off to my pit.

comet555 Jun 18th 2009 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by mic n mat (Post 7676772)

That is true, we routinely did our neighbours front lawn every other week. We just took turns (it wasn't that big) and that way we didn't have to drag the mower through the gate from the back yard all the time. We even used to do the trim too!

dejags Jun 18th 2009 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Seasider (Post 7676634)

That's the funniest thing I have read all week (OP aside)....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

NELBHOY Jun 18th 2009 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by irishbloo (Post 7676564)
Actually i can understand the ops view.For instance I came home today.My husband poured me a glass of wine,did dinner and helped kids with homework.I am starting divorce proceedings tomorrow,irreconcilable differences.

You are my wife!!

NELBHOY Jun 18th 2009 10:30 pm

Having read the posts, the OP has a point. People don't respect other people's rights anymore. OK it may be a small issue, but where do you draw the line? Painting the fence, putting up a new shed in the garden? And then what if they walk away from the sale?
At the very least the estate agent should have had the decency to ask.
So Buchanan. You have allies. Let's have you posting again.

Petals Jun 18th 2009 10:44 pm

Cannot see the problem at all and if I was your parents I would be pleased, makes the place look occupied.

Lots of people do things like cut the lawn you may feel like doing it too :D

fionamw Jun 18th 2009 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by NELBHOY (Post 7678469)
Having read the posts, the OP has a point. People don't respect other people's rights anymore. OK it may be a small issue, but where do you draw the line? Painting the fence, putting up a new shed in the garden? And then what if they walk away from the sale?
At the very least the estate agent should have had the decency to ask.
So Buchanan. You have allies. Let's have you posting again.

*sigh* see post 33. We may be outnumbered, but we are allies!