Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Biggest Inspiration?

Biggest Inspiration?

Old Aug 21st 2010, 5:18 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Biggest Inspiration?

My wife. I admire her strength of character, graciousness, intelligence, compassion... I was a very fortunate man to snag her early, before she got old enough to know better.
Old Aug 21st 2010, 5:23 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
I think I smoked dope twice in my life. Then I gave up.
But did you inhale?
Old Aug 21st 2010, 5:42 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
But did you inhale?
Of course I did!
Old Aug 21st 2010, 5:45 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Of course I did!
Unlike Bill Clinton: "When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale and never tried it again." –Bill Clinton.

My post above related to this epic bit of Clinton denial and was intended as joke. Sorry if it seemed out of sorts.
Old Aug 21st 2010, 6:40 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Unlike Bill Clinton: "When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale and never tried it again." –Bill Clinton.

My post above related to this epic bit of Clinton denial and was intended as joke. Sorry if it seemed out of sorts.
It's ok Al, I got the joke. I shoulda put a smiley on it. I mean, what's the point in smoking the stuff if you're not going to inhale, eh?

Actually it made me so ill, I never bothered again.
Old Aug 21st 2010, 6:48 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I met someone inspiring today, it is a girl Mr PP used to work with and she left due to some family problems.

She is really creative and makes her own babies/childrens gifts/clothes etc and today we saw her at Fremantle Market on her own little stand selling the stuff she makes which is really beautiful, I even bought my friends new baby a little gift from there.

She works the 3 days a week that the market is open and the rest of the week she makes her goods and her Mum makes the childrens dresses for her to sell. Thinking that she must be struggling doing that on her own, she told us that the 3 days a week is enough anyway as she makes quite enough to support herself and is doing better than when she was working long hours in the restaurant.

Obviously she is very talented and creative and that inspired me. Although I am creative, I wouldn't know where to begin with setting up my own business but I am so glad I met this girl.

Imagine having a hobby that you love and being able to make money from it, doing something you love for a living is not like working in the sense that you do it because you love it, because you are good at it and as a bonus you can make a living out of it.

Old Aug 21st 2010, 7:06 pm
221b Baker Street

It's ok Al, I got the joke. I shoulda put a smiley on it. I mean, what's the point in smoking the stuff if you're not going to inhale, eh?

Actually it made me so ill, I never bothered again.
Sorry, I'm too stoned to answer at the moment.
Old Aug 21st 2010, 8:04 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mic n mat
My wife. I admire her strength of character, graciousness, intelligence, compassion... I was a very fortunate man to snag her early, before she got old enough to know better.
Are you Badge in disguise?
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by renth
Frank Zappa (RIP)
my husband would be with u on that.I bought him a framed single and flyer last year from his last concert at sydney ,he was chuffed with that.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 11:17 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Any normal person who is facing adversity in their lives that they didn't ask for, but are just facing each morning with a deep breath and a "here we go again" attitude..... LOTS and lots of them out there and their stories always touch me and make me take a deep breath myself, and then take stock and be thankful for where we are
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 11:23 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Any normal person who is facing adversity in their lives that they didn't ask for, but are just facing each morning with a deep breath and a "here we go again" attitude..... LOTS and lots of them out there and their stories always touch me and make me take a deep breath myself, and then take stock and be thankful for where we are
Actually I am glad you posted here Hevs because when I was going through a bit of a down period about 12 months ago I kept thinking if you! You had 12 months from hell a few years back and you appeared to come through it with more strength than anyone I have met, and I haven't met you Sometimes our inspiration to carry on through a bad day can come from unexpected places.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 11:36 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Actually I am glad you posted here Hevs because when I was going through a bit of a down period about 12 months ago I kept thinking if you! You had 12 months from hell a few years back and you appeared to come through it with more strength than anyone I have met, and I haven't met you Sometimes our inspiration to carry on through a bad day can come from unexpected places.
Thanks NB. You mean the great year of '06/ '07 yes it was vintage that one
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hevs
Thanks NB. You mean the great year of '06/ '07 yes it was vintage that one
yes,wouldnt have wanted to b in ur shoes then,Hope all is well now though
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 1:12 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of people. Teachers at school, guide leaders when I younger, friends, people I've worked with. At the moment lots of women I've met (online and IRL) on another website, who've encouraged me back into some creative stuff that I didn't think I could do. Just being inspired to learn (mainly teaching myself) is a great thing.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 2:16 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Julia Gillard

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.