Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Best way to get a six pack?

Best way to get a six pack?

Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best way to get a six pack?

Originally Posted by Fat Bloke
Ok, Got up this morning after a quick root and managed 50 sit ups before the burn became too much. I am about to do another 50 now and the same again (Hopefully including the root) for a few days to break myself in to it.
Too much info!!!!!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 9:00 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, Got up this morning after a quick root and managed 50 sit ups before the burn became too much. I am about to do another 50 now and the same again (Hopefully including the root) for a few days to break myself in to it.
You don't want to be doing 50. Try 25 and then a 40 second break... Then another 25 and another break... It's a set, right?
Then do about 5 sets, morning and night, building up and pushing yourself a little. Much more efficient at toning the muscles.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachie241
Oh and just to ad, we all have fab abs under the flab, you have to work them to define them, but they are there already as the core muscles have alot of work to keep us upright and to keep the spine in line.
Posture is also a good point, use the correct posture when doing any exercise and it will automatically make the exercise you are doing more concentrated and effective. Shoulders back tummy button drawn in natural curve in the back and chin slightly back....putting the spine in a nice neutral position. This will also make you look taller and pull in your tummy giving the illusion of a more defined tummy....
I dare say someone will try and prove me wrong now but....Good Luck
well said like any Pilates instructor.

I'm using some of the techniques.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
No pain, no gain!!!!

It was all very well for the staff to shout that at you.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 1:45 pm
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

And I don't mean a six pack of VB or Fourex.

Beer is what has lost me my six pack and given me a gut so I need to fight back but can't give up my carton of piss on a weekend, I could compromise and drink pure blonde os something.

How about 100 sit up's a day for starters? 50 in the morning and 50 at night.
Don't be so vain.

There's far more constructive things you could do with your time.

(Says he who's going to the gym tonight).

Big (too).
Old Feb 12th 2007, 5:56 pm
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Too much info!!!!!
Actually I could give you a blow by blow account, it would not take long.

These sit up's are pretty tough, anyone who thinks 50 would not hurt should try it, I thought it would be a piece of piss but no sir.

I have now done 50 each morning and evening as well as a 5K bike ride every other day and am going to throw in some weights next week for good measure.

I would go for a run but I am afraid I might not make it home and die of a heart attack somewhere.
</IMG></IMG>
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:53 am
Caroline

Caroline B is on a distinguished road

And I don't mean a six pack of VB or Fourex.

Beer is what has lost me my six pack and given me a gut so I need to fight back but can't give up my carton of piss on a weekend, I could compromise and drink pure blonde os something.

How about 100 sit up's a day for starters? 50 in the morning and 50 at night.
A regime called '8 minutes in the morning for a flat belly ' (or something like that) by Jorge Cruse - you can get his books off eBay and they do work
but it's bloody hard work and I never got to the third level (which does involve those exercise balls) 'cos I couldn't keep my balance
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:07 pm
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

Originally Posted by Caroline B
A regime called '8 minutes in the morning for a flat belly ' (or something like that) by Jorge Cruse - you can get his books off eBay and they do work
but it's bloody hard work and I never got to the third level (which does involve those exercise balls) 'cos I couldn't keep my balance
Thanks for that, I will have a look at the library.

So far this week i have run 15k's and done 300 sit ups.

That is more than I have done in the last few years combined.

I am eating salads and not picking in the evening.

On Sunday evening when I weighed in I was 124.8 kilos, I am aiming for a good loss in this first week to keep me inspired.
</IMG>
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:53 pm

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Cant understand all of this...

Why have a 6pack, when you can have a keg???