Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Best photo sharing website?

Best photo sharing website?

Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute
Question Best photo sharing website?

I'd like to know people's views on the best website to use for uploading and sharing photo's?

I dont need anything fancy, just something which is pretty straight forward to use and which is easy for family and friends to view the pics (preferably without them having to sign up).

I know of sites such as Flickr and Shutterfly etc but I'm not sure which is the best site out there.

Thanks.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 8:02 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best photo sharing website?

Originally Posted by wafc
I'd like to know people's views on the best website to use for uploading and sharing photo's?

I dont need anything fancy, just something which is pretty straight forward to use and which is easy for family and friends to view the pics (preferably without them having to sign up).

I know of sites such as Flickr and Shutterfly etc but I'm not sure which is the best site out there.

Thanks.
There is bebo but think you have to sign up to view for security. You can't sign up though unless your invited by the owner of the pics. If your putting your children on the net do you really want anybody to be able to access it? Maybe better if you have to invite as a bit of extra security.
A
xx
Old Oct 16th 2006, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acbh2
There is bebo but think you have to sign up to view for security. You can't sign up though unless your invited by the owner of the pics. If your putting your children on the net do you really want anybody to be able to access it? Maybe better if you have to invite as a bit of extra security.
A
xx
Inviting is fine, its just if people have to sign up to view then I know it would put a lot of people off.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Inviting is fine, its just if people have to sign up to view then I know it would put a lot of people off.
I've used snapfish..invited to view, just had to log on with users/posters details.Not sure of the process of signing up for it as a poster though..but it worked well and straight forward to use.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 8:40 pm
Tiger Barker

tigerbarker is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Best photo sharing website?

Hi

I also use Snapfish to show my photos to friends in Australia and it works brilliantly. Plus it's free!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 11:39 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I use Flickr and it's very easy. It's free unless you want a pro account, then it's $12 US per year for unlimited everything.
No invites needed but you can set your pics to family or friends only, then they'd sign in to view them.
You can view in multiple sizes too and download.

Links in my sig,
Old Oct 17th 2006, 12:19 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

there are loads, but a lot will depend on if you want private account, or large space etc.

for temporary images, imageshack or those type of sites aren't bad.

Or even this place, you can hide your gallery with a password, though that might be a premium feature these days, I can't remember.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 12:21 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
http://britishexpats.com/photopost/ ..... but of course I'm biased
Old Oct 17th 2006, 12:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sue
http://britishexpats.com/photopost/ ..... but of course I'm biased
How many pics can you upload then Sue? I tried to put more on but kept getting error messages. Gave up in the end. Presumed it was because I'm not a premium member?

Flickr has bulk uploading tools to allow you to put up hundreds at a time.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

I always used snapfish, and found them very good, but they don't ship internationally if you order prints, so recently I've been looking at shutterfly because it ships worldwide.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 12:55 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
How many pics can you upload then Sue? I tried to put more on but kept getting error messages. Gave up in the end. Presumed it was because I'm not a premium member?
I've just checked and you haven't reached your quota, the amount of photos depends on the size of each photo, but in total every non-premium member has 50mb allotted. So you should still have loads of room left in yours.

Sue
Old Oct 17th 2006, 1:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sue
I've just checked and you haven't reached your quota, the amount of photos depends on the size of each photo, but in total every non-premium member has 50mb allotted. So you should still have loads of room left in yours.

Sue
V weird... thanks for checking for me. Server glitches maybe?
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
We use www.pbase.com to share pictures of our daughter with family and friends. It's USD23 for 400MB or USD60 for 1200MB per year. You can upload .zip files and the site automatically unzips for you. It's pretty easy to use.

Mrs JTL
Old Oct 17th 2006, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

I use www.photobucket.com
Old Oct 17th 2006, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

noonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to all

Flickr all the way. It's by far the best that I've found.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.