British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Best photo sharing website? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/best-photo-sharing-website-402571/)

wafc Oct 16th 2006 7:52 pm

Best photo sharing website?

I'd like to know people's views on the best website to use for uploading and sharing photo's?

I dont need anything fancy, just something which is pretty straight forward to use and which is easy for family and friends to view the pics (preferably without them having to sign up).

I know of sites such as Flickr and Shutterfly etc but I'm not sure which is the best site out there.

Thanks. :D

acbh2 Oct 16th 2006 8:02 pm

Re: Best photo sharing website?

Originally Posted by wafc
I'd like to know people's views on the best website to use for uploading and sharing photo's?

I dont need anything fancy, just something which is pretty straight forward to use and which is easy for family and friends to view the pics (preferably without them having to sign up).

I know of sites such as Flickr and Shutterfly etc but I'm not sure which is the best site out there.

There is bebo but think you have to sign up to view for security. You can't sign up though unless your invited by the owner of the pics. If your putting your children on the net do you really want anybody to be able to access it? Maybe better if you have to invite as a bit of extra security.
A
xx

wafc Oct 16th 2006 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by acbh2
There is bebo but think you have to sign up to view for security. You can't sign up though unless your invited by the owner of the pics. If your putting your children on the net do you really want anybody to be able to access it? Maybe better if you have to invite as a bit of extra security.
A
xx

Inviting is fine, its just if people have to sign up to view then I know it would put a lot of people off.

john_w Oct 16th 2006 8:16 pm

Inviting is fine, its just if people have to sign up to view then I know it would put a lot of people off.

I've used snapfish..invited to view, just had to log on with users/posters details.Not sure of the process of signing up for it as a poster though..but it worked well and straight forward to use.

tigerbarker Oct 16th 2006 8:40 pm

Hi

I also use Snapfish to show my photos to friends in Australia and it works brilliantly. Plus it's free!

iPom Oct 16th 2006 11:39 pm

I use Flickr and it's very easy. It's free unless you want a pro account, then it's $12 US per year for unlimited everything.
No invites needed but you can set your pics to family or friends only, then they'd sign in to view them.
You can view in multiple sizes too and download.

Links in my sig,

Bob Oct 17th 2006 12:19 am

there are loads, but a lot will depend on if you want private account, or large space etc.

for temporary images, imageshack or those type of sites aren't bad.

Or even this place, you can hide your gallery with a password, though that might be a premium feature these days, I can't remember.

Sue Oct 17th 2006 12:21 am

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/ ..... but of course I'm biased :D

iPom Oct 17th 2006 12:44 am

Originally Posted by Sue
http://britishexpats.com/photopost/ ..... but of course I'm biased :D

How many pics can you upload then Sue? I tried to put more on but kept getting error messages. Gave up in the end. Presumed it was because I'm not a premium member?

Flickr has bulk uploading tools to allow you to put up hundreds at a time.

suzimc Oct 17th 2006 12:49 am

I always used snapfish, and found them very good, but they don't ship internationally if you order prints, so recently I've been looking at shutterfly because it ships worldwide.

Sue Oct 17th 2006 12:55 am

Originally Posted by iPom
How many pics can you upload then Sue? I tried to put more on but kept getting error messages. Gave up in the end. Presumed it was because I'm not a premium member?

I've just checked and you haven't reached your quota, the amount of photos depends on the size of each photo, but in total every non-premium member has 50mb allotted. So you should still have loads of room left in yours.

Sue

iPom Oct 17th 2006 1:09 am

Originally Posted by Sue
I've just checked and you haven't reached your quota, the amount of photos depends on the size of each photo, but in total every non-premium member has 50mb allotted. So you should still have loads of room left in yours.

Sue

V weird... thanks for checking for me. Server glitches maybe?

JackTheLad Oct 17th 2006 3:09 am

We use www.pbase.com to share pictures of our daughter with family and friends. It's USD23 for 400MB or USD60 for 1200MB per year. You can upload .zip files and the site automatically unzips for you. It's pretty easy to use.

Mrs JTL

hilary6 Oct 17th 2006 4:10 am

I use www.photobucket.com :D

noonard Oct 17th 2006 4:45 am

Flickr all the way. It's by far the best that I've found.