Bank profit

Old Aug 13th 2014, 5:21 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank profit

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
They're all as good/bad as each other really, I see very little difference between them. I'm pretty sure they all work together to a certain extent as to not rock the immensely lucrative apple cart.

I recently moved to ING and now have a funky orange card, a marginally lower mortgage rate and can also use any cash point for free (although the fact that is a perk in itself shows how backwards it is here)

I've always thought that too...

S
Old Aug 13th 2014, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I've always thought that too...

S
The previous company I worked for restructured their business to be primarily about their ATM fleet because of the fees. At the time I thought it was short term thinking but that's still going on here. I'm a Westpac customer and am too lazy to change banks just to be able to use any ATM for free. There are plenty of Westpac/St. George ones around though but paying the $2.50 in the pub ATM is something that I've done and hate.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 6:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
The previous company I worked for restructured their business to be primarily about their ATM fleet because of the fees. At the time I thought it was short term thinking but that's still going on here. I'm a Westpac customer and am too lazy to change banks just to be able to use any ATM for free. There are plenty of Westpac/St. George ones around though but paying the $2.50 in the pub ATM is something that I've done and hate.
If I recall correctly the pub/costcutters/petrol station ATM things charged in the UK too.

Yeah I don't get the whole fiasco over ATM's. I can use my card at HSBC, St George, Westpac, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATM's. That's enough coverage. I'm not sure what Commonwealth Bank let you side with or if its CBA only.

At the end of the day, anyone who pay's a bank fees is mad. There are so many options out there, and if you ask nice enough, your feeing bank will remove the fee anyway.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 1:21 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
If I recall correctly the pub/costcutters/petrol station ATM things charged in the UK too.

Yeah I don't get the whole fiasco over ATM's. I can use my card at HSBC, St George, Westpac, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATM's. That's enough coverage. I'm not sure what Commonwealth Bank let you side with or if its CBA only.

At the end of the day, anyone who pay's a bank fees is mad. There are so many options out there, and if you ask nice enough, your feeing bank will remove the fee anyway.
Not necessarily barking: depending on how much activity you have on an account it can be better to have a fee paying one. If you get interest on the account it can offset the fees. But it can be complicated working out the best tactic....
Old Aug 14th 2014, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Not necessarily barking: depending on how much activity you have on an account it can be better to have a fee paying one. If you get interest on the account it can offset the fees. But it can be complicated working out the best tactic....
Well, yes. All a matter of working out the maths if that option is presented.