Balgowlah?

Old Aug 23rd 2008, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Balgowlah?

What's it like to live there?

PP
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Balgowlah?

Awwww come on...bit more info am scratching around in the dark here...

;(

What does WOL mean btw? Isn't it how Owl in Winnie the Pooh spells his name?
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by plantpot
Awwww come on...bit more info am scratching around in the dark here...

;(

What does WOL mean btw? Isn't it how Owl in Winnie the Pooh spells his name?
WOL!!!!!!! Where is your message? About the AWFUL Mexican restaurant???
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 11:35 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

WOL!!!!!!! Where is your message? About the AWFUL Mexican restaurant???
I wouldn't malign any Mexican restaurant - it might be construed as racist <g>.

PS - love Mex food.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

OMG...now I am talking to myself............
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 11:36 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

This site does that to you.

....and there's a biggish Harvey Normans at the bottom of Condamine Street.

Last edited by Wol; Aug 23rd 2008 at 11:38 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wol
I wouldn't malign any Mexican restaurant - it might be construed as racist <g>.

PS - love Mex food.
O WOL....seriously!!! Dodge is dodge...I will look out for it, there is an even DODGIER one in Dubai...it has some lovely PArrots in a cage that are always eating chilis and are really filthy...yum....
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 11:39 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

O WOL....seriously!!! Dodge is dodge...I will look out for it, there is an even DODGIER one in Dubai...it has some lovely PArrots in a cage that are always eating chilis and are really filthy...yum....
That's not the one in the Sheraton, is it?
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wol
That's not the one in the Sheraton, is it?
Nooo, thats clean compared to this one, I think they use the mankiness as a selling point, pretending it's rustic or something...THIS one is on Um Al Sheif...near the beach....just remember if you see a parrot it probably aint the place to go......

PP
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

emigratingherberts will become famous soon enoughemigratingherberts will become famous soon enough

Balgowlah is a good family area next to Fairlight near Manly. Don't know what local facilities there are like or eating out but its close to a good park on North Harbour and Manly has everything you could need anyway. Still pretty expensive to live there though. Not too bad to commute to Lavender Bay apart from the Spit bridge so bus may be better if you have less than 3 people in the car.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by emigratingherberts
Balgowlah is a good family area next to Fairlight near Manly. Don't know what local facilities there are like or eating out but its close to a good park on North Harbour and Manly has everything you could need anyway. Still pretty expensive to live there though. Not too bad to commute to Lavender Bay apart from the Spit bridge so bus may be better if you have less than 3 people in the car.
Thanks Herberts...trying to find a nice place to live with 3 bedrooms that doesn't cost the earth, isn't in a boring place and not tooo far from the centre as job is all over....North South AND the office at Lav Bay...

Hmmmm....
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

emigratingherberts will become famous soon enoughemigratingherberts will become famous soon enough

I know, we had the same dilemma. Balgowlah isn't the most exciting place if I have to be honest. My favourite place is Manly. If I didn't have 3 kids I would get a beach front apartment but unfortunately I have to be a bit more sensible. You will find somewhere that suits your needs, hopefully within your budget. It is very difficult to explain to people that although these areas are very close to each other, the traffic problems make the journey so much longer than you would think. Anywhere on the North Shore is pretty good but the further away you get from the CBD the cheaper it gets.