Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Now see your front door on the net

Now see your front door on the net

Old Aug 23rd 2008, 8:47 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Now see your front door on the net

Haven't a clue if this has been covered but you can now see a frontal view of your ozzie house on google.

The wife actually saw the van that took the pics driving down our street last summer (oz summer) and wondered what it was up to.

So now, instead of just being able to see an aerial view, you can see the house from the front !

http://maps.google.com.au/help/maps/streetview/

Only in Australia atm I believe, invasion of privacy ??????
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 8:54 am

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Now see your front door on the net

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Haven't a clue if this has been covered but you can now see a frontal view of your ozzie house on google.

The wife actually saw the van that took the pics driving down our street last summer (oz summer) and wondered what it was up to.

So now, instead of just being able to see an aerial view, you can see the house from the front !

http://maps.google.com.au/help/maps/streetview/

Only in Australia atm I believe, invasion of privacy ??????
Australia, USA and some parts of Europe. On the actual application Google Earth the images are a LOT clearer, especially the ones in France.

Photos have started (maybe finished now) being taken of the UK but not up yet...might have problems there due to Data Protection Act apparently.

But yeah this has been covered on Today Tonight, ACA etc etc etc
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 8:57 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oliver1982
Australia, USA and some parts of Europe. On the actual application Google Earth the images are a LOT clearer, especially the ones in France.

Photos have started (maybe finished now) being taken of the UK but not up yet...might have problems there due to Data Protection Act apparently.

But yeah this has been covered on Today Tonight, ACA etc etc etc
finally, elvis presley's "return to sender" becomes obsolete ?
"I saw his bloody house on google streetview".................
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 10:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really get the invasion of privacy thing. Personally I think the aerial view is far more of an invasion. Driving by the front of the house can be done by absolutely anyone at any time. Everyone seeing the back of my house are seeing stuff that isn't on show. Not that there's anything happening in our back garden but you get my point
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Luke,

I guessed you missed the whole pissed off drunk caught on camera thing a couple of weeks ago. The bloke was so enraged that his reputation would be affected that instead of asking google to remove the image he talked to the papers, who talked to other papers, who talked to papers overseas, etc... You get the idea.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ome/article.do

Last edited by MartinLuther; Aug 23rd 2008 at 12:35 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 12:48 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I don't really get the invasion of privacy thing. Personally I think the aerial view is far more of an invasion. Driving by the front of the house can be done by absolutely anyone at any time. Everyone seeing the back of my house are seeing stuff that isn't on show. Not that there's anything happening in our back garden but you get my point
Hi Pen, is that you, there in the pink frillies, slightly left of the Aspidistra?

(BB squints into Google aerial view picture).
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 1:08 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Hi Pen, is that you, there in the pink frillies, slightly left of the Aspidistra?

(BB squints into Google aerial view picture).
That's not pink frillies - that's me in the nuddy
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 1:10 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
That's not pink frillies - that's me in the nuddy
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMy eyes!!
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 2:08 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by busterboy
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMy eyes!!
Shouldn't have looked. Serves you right