Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Baby's first birthday party venue

Baby's first birthday party venue

Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Molko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the rough
Default Baby's first birthday party venue

I'm in Balmain and looking for a venue to hold a party for my baby. Any ideas, our unit is too small. It's in November.

I was thinking of having a barbie in a park but what if all the barbies have been taken.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:37 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Baby's first birthday party venue

Originally Posted by Molko1974
I'm in Balmain and looking for a venue to hold a party for my baby. Any ideas, our unit is too small. It's in November.

I was thinking of having a barbie in a park but what if all the barbies have been taken.
My daughter is 1 on Saturday were in Perth not sure what were doing she hasnt been very well it will be sad having no family here to celebrate but i suppose a 1 year old doesnt have a clue anyway.

hope you find a venue
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Molko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kez81
My daughter is 1 on Saturday were in Perth not sure what were doing she hasnt been very well it will be sad having no family here to celebrate but i suppose a 1 year old doesnt have a clue anyway.

hope you find a venue

We don't have any family here either so was going to do a combined get together with one of the mum's from my mum's group as her baby's birthday is on the same day. We'll only be inviting the mum's from my mothers group but wanted to do something at least.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:53 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Molko1974
We don't have any family here either so was going to do a combined get together with one of the mum's from my mum's group as her baby's birthday is on the same day. We'll only be inviting the mum's from my mothers group but wanted to do something at least.
What about a pinic in the park or something that would be nice and come November the weather will be good.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Get up to the barbie area early and hang some banners and balloons and then go back a bit later for the 'do'. You should be fine.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 1:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

The pub - one year old parties are usually more for the adults, the baby doesn't even know what's going on and usually wants a kip an hour into the proceedings.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Get up to the barbie area early and hang some banners and balloons and then go back a bit later for the 'do'. You should be fine.

Cunning plan Miss MP!

Good luck with the party, and Happy 1st Birthday to your baby!!

Lindsay x