British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Baby's first birthday party venue (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/babys-first-birthday-party-venue-557466/)

Molko1974 Aug 26th 2008 8:21 am

Baby's first birthday party venue

I'm in Balmain and looking for a venue to hold a party for my baby. Any ideas, our unit is too small. It's in November.

I was thinking of having a barbie in a park but what if all the barbies have been taken.

kez81 Aug 26th 2008 8:37 am

Re: Baby's first birthday party venue

Originally Posted by Molko1974 (Post 6715587)
I'm in Balmain and looking for a venue to hold a party for my baby. Any ideas, our unit is too small. It's in November.

I was thinking of having a barbie in a park but what if all the barbies have been taken.

My daughter is 1 on Saturday were in Perth not sure what were doing she hasnt been very well it will be sad having no family here to celebrate but i suppose a 1 year old doesnt have a clue anyway.

hope you find a venue:)

Molko1974 Aug 26th 2008 8:49 am

Originally Posted by kez81 (Post 6715625)
My daughter is 1 on Saturday were in Perth not sure what were doing she hasnt been very well it will be sad having no family here to celebrate but i suppose a 1 year old doesnt have a clue anyway.

hope you find a venue:)

We don't have any family here either so was going to do a combined get together with one of the mum's from my mum's group as her baby's birthday is on the same day. We'll only be inviting the mum's from my mothers group but wanted to do something at least.

kez81 Aug 26th 2008 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Molko1974 (Post 6715652)
We don't have any family here either so was going to do a combined get together with one of the mum's from my mum's group as her baby's birthday is on the same day. We'll only be inviting the mum's from my mothers group but wanted to do something at least.

What about a pinic in the park or something that would be nice and come November the weather will be good.

moneypenny20 Aug 26th 2008 8:54 am

Get up to the barbie area early and hang some banners and balloons and then go back a bit later for the 'do'. You should be fine.

Kim67 Aug 26th 2008 1:57 pm

The pub - one year old parties are usually more for the adults, the baby doesn't even know what's going on and usually wants a kip an hour into the proceedings.

desperatehousewife Aug 26th 2008 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 6715664)
Get up to the barbie area early and hang some banners and balloons and then go back a bit later for the 'do'. You should be fine.

Cunning plan Miss MP!:cool:

Good luck with the party, and Happy 1st Birthday to your baby!!:thumbsup:

Lindsay x