Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Australian Police force

The Australian Police force

Old Apr 24th 2012, 9:06 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Australian Police force

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Well I've never seen real policeman act like those people, even detectives.
I've met plenty of 'Walts' who think cops and soldiers operate like that. They tend to be the people who watch too much TV.

OK....sounds right.

Some other scenarios...a gunman is armed with a rifle and is holed up in a house....backup is 20mins away....you and civilians are standing 250m away in open ground and are being targeted. When the gunman fires, it is effective fire...rounds are hitting the ground around you and people have already been hit. There is a ditch. What is the advice given in this scenario. (Do you guys get taught fieldcraft and tactics?)

I would jump in the ditch. My pistol would be useless, but discharging it might prevent the gunman from returning fire - for a short period. An offensive choice would be to outflank, assuming there is cover, or advance....even do what soldiers call fire and maneouvre - but this requires a willing and able (and fit) partner and is almost suicidal - even soldiers would not do this as a first option.

So I would wait for backup - with rifles - and direct through cover to outflank the gunman. I would also get every man and women in the ditch alongside.

Of course a reckless charge might win me a medal! Is this what you guys might do?

Not trying to be argumentative - just positing a scenario!
Old Apr 24th 2012, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
You can if you are an organ donor
Depends on the organs
Old Apr 24th 2012, 9:21 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Depends on the organs
Don't be smutty
Old Apr 24th 2012, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Don't be smutty
I offer to donate mine.....but keep getting turned down
Old Apr 24th 2012, 9:38 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I take down your particulars?
Don't be smutty
Old Apr 24th 2012, 9:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

What would you do Bernie, use your ninja skills?
Old Apr 24th 2012, 9:49 pm
FREE TIBET

What would you do Bernie, use your ninja skills?
Nah mate,i'd retire to a local pub,grab a pint and wait for you to get out of yer ditch
Old Apr 24th 2012, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Nah mate,i'd retire to a local pub,grab a pint and wait for you to get out of yer ditch
Your round then...
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:00 pm
FREE TIBET

Your round then...
Sorry mate,i'm keeping my 'rounds' incase the gunman gets past you and enters the pub
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry mate,i'm keeping my 'rounds' incase the gunman gets past you and enters the pub
Good man...just let me know when I can get out would you?
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:12 pm
FREE TIBET

Good man...just let me know when I can get out would you?
I'll fire a flare from the pub
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:16 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've never seen real policeman act like those people, even detectives.
I've met plenty of 'Walts' who think cops and soldiers operate like that. They tend to be the people who watch too much TV.

OK....sounds right.

Some other scenarios...a gunman is armed with a rifle and is holed up in a house....backup is 20mins away....you and civilians are standing 250m away in open ground and are being targeted. When the gunman fires, it is effective fire...rounds are hitting the ground around you and people have already been hit. There is a ditch. What is the advice given in this scenario. (Do you guys get taught fieldcraft and tactics?)

I would jump in the ditch. My pistol would be useless, but discharging it might prevent the gunman from returning fire - for a short period. An offensive choice would be to outflank, assuming there is cover, or advance....even do what soldiers call fire and maneouvre - but this requires a willing and able (and fit) partner and is almost suicidal - even soldiers would not do this as a first option.

So I would wait for backup - with rifles - and direct through cover to outflank the gunman. I would also get every man and women in the ditch alongside.

Of course a reckless charge might win me a medal! Is this what you guys might do?

Not trying to be argumentative - just positing a scenario!
Is it just a normal ditch or one filled with slippery rocks & raging torrents of waist deep water?
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:27 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Is it just a normal ditch or one filled with slippery rocks & raging torrents of waist deep water?
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cresta57
I'm out of luck on this one - it seems that my wife and her coterie have found it first...
Old Apr 27th 2012, 10:38 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
You probs won't have to - just get those boobs out and that's the end of that.

.....oh wait......
Please arrest me SC - I have been a VERY bad boy.....

The thought of you in a uniform and holding handcuffs just drives me wild.

(just a tad concerned about your truncheon though....)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.