Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australian Mortgage Calculator

Australian Mortgage Calculator

Old Apr 19th 2009, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Australian Mortgage Calculator

I know we have loads of these in the UK but I am struggling to find a calculator for Oz mortgages. Can anyone shove me in the right direction? I don't want to have to fill in forms on-line for bank quotes. Just need estimates at the moment.

Thank you!
Old Apr 19th 2009, 9:50 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Mortgage Calculator

Couldn't you just pretend the pounds were dollars!???

Anyway, http://au.pfinance.yahoo.com/calcula...repayment.html

List of rates:

http://yahoo.infochoice.com.au/banki...ary/OO/qld.asp
Old Apr 19th 2009, 9:51 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Bottom left hand corner of this site:
http://www.realestate.com.au/
J x
Old Apr 19th 2009, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

The home loan section of any Australia bank's website will have one.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Thank you.

As for £££ into $$$ yes, I can do that but I am not currently aware of interest rates in Oz to work out monthly repayments. Thanks for commenting though.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 10:28 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Thank you.

As for £££ into $$$ yes, I can do that but I am not currently aware of interest rates in Oz to work out monthly repayments. Thanks for commenting though.
Most of the banks will have several different rates depending on variable, fixed, premium package etc....and will expect you to enter the relevant interest rate into the calculator yourself...hence the reason I gave you the generic one and the other link with a list of all the rates in one place.

Bear in mind many, many people qualify for a 'discount' of 0.7% off the standard variable rate with the major banks, generally due to having a certain size of loan.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

http://westpac.com.au/internet/publi...tors+and+tools

rocket repay currently 0.4% off the rate borrowing below £450000 and 0.7% above that amount.