Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

When will Gail realise that David Platt is a nasty piece of work

When will Gail realise that David Platt is a nasty piece of work

Old Apr 19th 2009, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

UncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud of
Default When will Gail realise that David Platt is a nasty piece of work

My wife and I are currently following Coronation Street on Foxtel, and it is about one year behind the current episodes back in Britain.

We get very angry that Gail refuses to see what an evil little scum bag her son is, which sometimes results in my wife yelling at the TV screen, and in some cases throwing missiles at it. In fact she has threatened to stop watching the show if Gail does not see sense before much longer.

Actually at the moment most of the story lines are a bit lame. We are sick of seeing the antics of Cruella DeVine (Carla) and that scary one-eyed Scottish git (Tony, not Gordon Brown). They should give Becky more air time in my opinion. I must say I was a bit worried when they put Ken Barlow in Roy's shop with her in a recent episode, was not impressed with the lecherous way he was looking at her. Jason Grimshaw would be a better catch for her.

So the other day I decided to get hold of a recent version of the show to see if there are any new interesting story lines or characters coming. (My son showed me how to download if off a torrent site)

So what do I find, Ken Barlow having yet another affair (isn't it time he put it back in his trousers and took up a hobby for the elderly like lawn bowls or something?), and low and behold, David Platt is busy stealing tools out of the back of Bill's truck and fitting up someone else for it, while his dear old Mum thinks the sun shines out of his rear end and he can do no wrong.

What are the writers playing at. Its getting me so angry I might have to cancel my subscription to Foxtel.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 1:19 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When will Gail realise that David Platt is a nasty piece of work

PMSL!

It's only tele you know
Old Apr 19th 2009, 1:23 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I was sat on the upper deck of a Thai Airways 747 with Gail Tilsley / Platt once......very exciting.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 3:10 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UncleKev
My wife and I are currently following Coronation Street on Foxtel, and it is about one year behind the current episodes back in Britain.
lol - my missus is a soap addict (I'm not) but I occasionally sit with here and watch Corrie with the evening meal. First thing I said was, "Why doesn't that gerbil-faced smurflet realise what a wanker her son is?" Read your post to my missus and she laughed her head off and said, "But iiiiiit's coooooorrie"
Old Apr 19th 2009, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

I think you lot need to get a real life, i ask you watching crap like coronation st
Old Apr 19th 2009, 3:38 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I keep wondering when she's going to get something done with that jawline. For crying out loud woman, get a chin!
Old Apr 19th 2009, 5:16 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah but that goal against Belgium in Italia '90 was a classic ...

Shite manager tho' ...
Old Apr 19th 2009, 5:17 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Who ... the chinless wonder.

Originally Posted by bcworld
I was sat on the upper deck of a Thai Airways 747 with Gail Tilsley / Platt once......very exciting.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 5:29 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bcworld
I sat next to her on a flight from London to Manchester once.

We could be name-dropping twins separated at birth
Old Apr 19th 2009, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

I watch soaps too but the thing is you can go away for a couple of months not see an episode and pick right back up when you get back ie Gail is still in the dark
Old Apr 19th 2009, 6:23 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
I think you lot need to get a real life, i ask you watching crap like coronation st
Totally agree. I have always wondered why people move all the way over here and still cant let go of the Tv programs they watch. Shite Tv no matter what country you are in.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 6:35 am
Banned

fred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jockstar
Totally agree. I have always wondered why people move all the way over here and still cant let go of the Tv programs they watch. Shite Tv no matter what country you are in.
Big style. There's one here called Muslima. It's about a very bright woman who acts like a wimp and always ends up in trouble so has to be pulled out of the deep and brown by the hero of the day.
The worst part is the kid with the extra eye in the middle of her forehead allowing her telekinetic powers.
5 episodes a week of total crap and my wife won't stop watching it.

Twoddle isn't close.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 6:45 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UncleKev

We get very angry that Gail refuses to see what an evil little scum bag her son is, which sometimes results in my wife yelling at the TV screen, and in some cases throwing missiles at it. In fact she has threatened to stop watching the show if Gail does not see sense before much longer.

Actually at the moment most of the story lines are a bit lame. We are sick of seeing the antics of Cruella DeVine (Carla) and that scary one-eyed Scottish git (Tony, not Gordon Brown). They should give Becky more air time in my opinion. I must say I was a bit worried when they put Ken Barlow in Roy's shop with her in a recent episode, was not impressed with the lecherous way he was looking at her. Jason Grimshaw would be a better catch for her.

So the other day I decided to get hold of a recent version of the show to see if there are any new interesting story lines or characters coming. (My son showed me how to download if off a torrent site)

So what do I find, Ken Barlow having yet another affair (isn't it time he put it back in his trousers and took up a hobby for the elderly like lawn bowls or something?), and low and behold, David Platt is busy stealing tools out of the back of Bill's truck and fitting up someone else for it, while his dear old Mum thinks the sun shines out of his rear end and he can do no wrong.

What are the writers playing at. Its getting me so angry I might have to cancel my subscription to Foxtel.

Absolutely scandalous, huh
Old Apr 19th 2009, 7:57 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

is it just me or does david platt look like he's wearing fake tan?
Old Apr 19th 2009, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

UncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kez81
is it just me or does david platt look like he's wearing fake tan?
yes, it never looks quite natural. But never gets as bad as this though ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VNudEqI4cw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.