Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia for the World Cup!

Wikiposts

Australia for the World Cup!

Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:29 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia for the World Cup!

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
Yeah, and there is a similar probability that all the air in your room will assemble in one corner, but that ain't going to happen in 2006 either.

Stanton says that Aus will lose all of their matches.

In fact, the only question now is how often the ball will be hitting the back of the Oz net.
Hahahahahaha. Oh and ... ahahahahahahahaha. Mmmmm ... there's more ... ahahahahahahahahahahaha.

And all England can manage is a win by default. :scared:
Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:47 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hutch
Hahahahahaha. Oh and ... ahahahahahahahaha. Mmmmm ... there's more ... ahahahahahahahahahahaha.

And all England can manage is a win by default. :scared:

Poor Mike, Australia jumps up & bites his arse one more time.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mike 'knowsnothing' Stanton
Because Stanton knows nothing about football!

Originally Posted by ScottDavis
Nah, Australia can beat Japan and I'd have a bet on them doing it too.
Like I said!
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:51 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Australia for the World Cup!

Originally Posted by turtletom
Australia may as well hang up their shirts now.
Famous last words, Pommie boy.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:53 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Australia for the World Cup!

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
Stanton is warmly invited to enjoy his double helping of humble pie.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Jun 12th 2006 at 4:57 am.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 11:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Can't wait to hear the excuse as to why Japan failed to beat Australia I know a win is a win but at least they beat Japan fair and square, unlike England the other night
Old Jun 12th 2006, 5:15 pm
Fighting my corner

Cool Re: Australia for the World Cup!

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Can't wait to hear the excuse as to why Japan failed to beat Australia I know a win is a win but at least they beat Japan fair and square, unlike England the other night
You've got to love the armchair pundits; bless their little cotton socks...
Old Jun 12th 2006, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

England won "fair and square" the other night. They commited 13 fouls and had 2 players booked, Australia on the other hand had 23 fouls and 4 players booked. Which definition of "fair and square" are you using

As for Australia, I had predicted that Japan would win. Fair play to the Socceroos, they survived a game that they could easily lost and finished with a couple of cracking goals. Qualification from the group is a real possibility.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 6:12 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenandPam
England won "fair and square" the other night. They commited 13 fouls and had 2 players booked, Australia on the other hand had 23 fouls and 4 players booked. Which definition of "fair and square" are you using

As for Australia, I had predicted that Japan would win. Fair play to the Socceroos, they survived a game that they could easily lost and finished with a couple of cracking goals. Qualification from the group is a real possibility.
I was actually referring to Mike's comments. I personally found the game last night far more entertaining than the England one. England won because of an own goal, granted it was set up well and would probably have ended in a goal anyway, but they didn't play well IMO and Aus did.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 6:19 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I was actually referring to Mike's comments. I personally found the game last night far more entertaining than the England one. England won because of an own goal, granted it was set up well and would probably have ended in a goal anyway, but they didn't play well IMO and Aus did.
I was listening to Sports radio in Melbourne at work last night, they spoke to Talk Sport radio in UK & even they said every game has been great apart from the English game.
They also said no more games are being shown on some big screen in centre of Liverpool after the trouble during the first game.

What will they be like if they lose. :scared:
Old Jun 12th 2006, 6:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Bordy
I was listening to Sports radio in Melbourne at work last night, they spoke to Talk Sport radio in UK & even they said every game has been great apart from the English game.
They also said no more games are being shown on some big screen in centre of Liverpool after the trouble during the first game.

What will they be like if they lose. :scared:
Makes you grateful to be on the other side of the world doesn't it

What do you mean "if"
Old Jun 12th 2006, 10:02 pm
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Even though Australia scraped through with a few goals at the end of the match after trailing for an hour to Japan they will not get through to the second round because they are simply not good enough to do it on their own merit, I bet all the Aussies are praying and hoping for a draw tonight between Brazil and Croatia as they only have hope of going through if other results go their way.
England on the other hand will most likely win all 3 matches in the group stage and kick on from there.
Bloody Aussies pretending they know about football at work is so funny.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 10:11 pm
Sheffield Is The Best!

turtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to behold

Yeah all the Aussies at my work think they know a lot about football! Lol!
Old Jun 12th 2006, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Why do so many people assume that Australians know nothing about football. A large number of Australians, over the last 40 years, have played the game from 5 or 6 years old well into their teens and beyond. Until recent years there was little opportunity for them to go into anything like a professional team. However, over the passed 30years a good number of top club sides as well as international teams have played games here and there has also been the opportunity via television, to watch European and British games. My husband and sons watch Santos and the greatest of them all, Pele, play in Sydney, over 30 years ago. I would have been there as well but I had to look after my youngest son! So please don't dismiss the amount of knowledge that Australians have of fooball.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I see that the ugly sisters, Vash the Insipid and Crutch, are giggling into their alcopops.

Still, knowing that they were wetting themselves for the first 84 minutes of a 93 minute match was worth losing the bet.

We'll wait for Brazil to crucify Oz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.