Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia 'Similar but Different' to Britain

Australia 'Similar but Different' to Britain

Old Feb 6th 2006, 6:51 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Australia 'Similar but Different' to Britain

Hi

I find Australia 'Similar but Different' to Britain do you???

They have Starbucks but coffee costs less.

They have petrol but cost’s less but you travel further.

They have banks but they charge more.

They have TV but is it worth watching (matter of personnel choice, if you like home and away and neighbours you are fine).

They have radio and I think that’s fine.

They have more mobile speed cameras than Brit and they hide them (thought that was hard to do).

They have a fixation with shopping and lots of shops but a whole new set of brands so not always what you want.

They have thongs but not as we know them.

etc. etc. etc.

What do you think???

Last edited by annqldau; Feb 6th 2006 at 7:58 am.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia 'Similar but Different' to Britain

Originally Posted by annqldau
Hi

I find Australia 'Similar but Different' to Britain do you???

They have Starbucks but coffee costs less.

They have petrol but cost’s less but you travel further.

They have banks but they charge more.

They have TV but is it worth watching (matter of personnel choice, if you like home and away and neighbours you are fine).

They have radio and I think that’s fine.

They have more mobile speed cameras than Brit and they hide them (thought that was hard to do).

They have a fixation with shopping and lots of shops but a whole new set of brands so not always what you want.

etc. etc. etc.

What do you think???
Sounds fair to me. Would add a few

They speak English, but sometimes I don't understand them and vise versa.

They have shopping centres but IMO vastly superior to UK ones (from someone who does not enjoy shopping)

Probably think of some more but cooking dinner and drinking beer
Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:59 am
Blah Blah Blah

Buttockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond repute

They have lettuce; but it's expensive
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buttockup
They have lettuce; but it's expensive
Is it? How much are you paying
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:16 am
Blah Blah Blah

Buttockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Is it? How much are you paying
I'm sorry...it's passe, I know. Just bored out of my mind - youngest has been hit sideways by a bug and as a consequence I'm playing house husband for the day.

Thought I'd make a nuisance of myself on here!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 9:38 am

Cool Re: Australia 'Similar but Different' to Britain

Beer there's another thing some as we know it and some as we don't and sometimes they will only give you a pint glass if you have guinness otherwise it's a scooner.

They have doctors for the kids with bugs but havent' a clue how you use them as the doctors seems so complicated (fingers crossed havent' been yet).

Dogs need injections like UK but then they get heart guard instead of just roundworm the there is the dreaded paralysis tick, I mean what is this thing???
Old Feb 6th 2006, 9:42 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

They have bras, but not as we know them.

I went to get one on the Gold Coast and she measure me.

I chose a nice style and she replied 'We dont have anything THAT big' and then guided me to a brown bra that looked like a vest and the straps looked like a girth of a saddle.

Take me to a place in Australia where the big bosems are celebrated and the bras can be feminine.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 9:52 am

Exclamation Re: Australia 'Similar but Different' to Britain

MMM don't have that problem so can't help out but have you seen that advert for seamless boxes for men why don't they do them for women... .

And speaking of adverts they have tampons but not as we know them what's this with the multi coloured ones.

Oooohhhh!!! and have you seen the hot KY jelly advert how gross is that... :scared: :scared:
Old Feb 6th 2006, 9:58 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

MMM don't have that problem so can't help out but have you seen that advert for seamless boxes for men why don't they do them for women... .

And speaking of adverts they have tampons but not as we know them what's this with the multi coloured ones.

Oooohhhh!!! and have you seen the hot KY jelly advert how gross is that... :scared: :scared:

They have multi coloured tampons???? and hot KY jelly?

Oh my days
Old Feb 6th 2006, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
They have multi coloured tampons???? and hot KY jelly?

Oh my days
Do you get different adverts on the Gold Coast you def get those things on the North side of Brisbane maybe we have different feminine needs up here...LOL.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 10:50 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

Take me to a place in Australia where the big bosems are celebrated

My house !!!!!!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 10:52 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

It is a huge mass of land 12,000 miles away from a small island called Britain.

One similarity is the that here, we speak English......just like the Americans.

Old Feb 6th 2006, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
It is a huge mass of land 12,000 miles away from a small island called Britain.

One similarity is the that here, we speak English......just like the Americans.

Come on Caroline that's taking it too far, I may not speak English like the Queen (being from the north east) but I def don't speak it like the Americans... :scared: .

Still can't join the big boobs conversation i'll never get that big... .

Another scary advert just been on about Vaginal Thrush and she takes the pill infront of everyone...Yuck. .. .
Old Feb 6th 2006, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Another scary advert just been on about Vaginal Thrush and she takes the pill infront of everyone...Yuck. .. .

It would have been worse to treat it in front of everyone before they brought out the pill
Old Feb 6th 2006, 10:59 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on Caroline that's taking it too far, I may not speak English like the Queen (being from the north east) but I def don't speak it like the Americans... :scared: .

Still can't join the big boobs conversation i'll never get that big... .

Nor can I re the boobs...just try to convince myself they are pert and won't droop to my knees

That advert is almost sick...honest, but sick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.