Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia 'Similar but Different' to Britain

Australia 'Similar but Different' to Britain

Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:39 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Australia 'Similar but Different' to Britain

Originally Posted by Mctree
Er, your profile says you're male

She did say shes so not normal.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:50 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by richyrocker
They have MOT,s for cars but last forever even if your car is falling to bits with No Brakes
They have a job centre that doesnt find you jobs
They have employers that preach health and safety but dont supply any equipment
They have speed limits that everyone ignores
You need a medical before joining a gym , at the medical they take $35 dollars and ask you to touch your toes, job done
They have water that tastes like neat chlorine
They have pick up trucks called utes that come supplied with dog skidding about on the back, sometinmes tied to roll bar , sometimes being dragged up road under wheels,.
Thats all the good stuff
Good one... I quite agree about the chlorine I find a dash of lemon takes the edge off (with or without gin).

As for the dogs in utes they are mad run all over the back looking like they will jump on your car at any time.

I can't speed there's bloody speed cameras in snorkels everywhere I go.

They have an immigration policy but not as we know it, seem to want trades/skilled people unlike some other country we could mention... .

They have a form for everything and if possbible in triplicate.

They have thongs we have flip flops (have I already said this one???)
Old May 29th 2006, 9:46 pm

Found real Heinz Tomato soup today but you don't buy Heinz Big Red One... it's in a little tin called Creamed Tomato soup... .
Old May 29th 2006, 10:04 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mctree
Er, your profile says you're male

I know, I like to confuse people
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 8:25 am

Like the title says 'Australia 'Similar but Different' to Britain' in Britain she may have been male but in Aus she's 'Similar but Different' .
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 11:06 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

This thread should read QUEENSLAND similar but different to Britain .dos,nt sound like any thing like were i live .................... mm
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by mr mover
This thread should read QUEENSLAND similar but different to Britain .dos,nt sound like any thing like were i live .................... mm
Please expand... is Adelaide like 'Little Britain"???
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 9:07 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Please expand... is Adelaide like 'Little Britain"???
If you want i love little Britain, Adelaide is different and thats the way we like it, so when you generalise about Australia please don,t include us or we will find out were you live. and we have lots of barrels.......... mm
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by mr mover
If you want i love little Britain, Adelaide is different and thats the way we like it, so when you generalise about Australia please don,t include us or we will find out were you live. and we have lots of barrels.......... mm
Sorry didn’t realise Adelaide was a little enclave of differentness all on it’s own. :scared: :scared: :scared: .