Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia, loads of feedback from aussies

Australia, loads of feedback from aussies

Old Aug 14th 2009, 11:42 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia, loads of feedback from aussies

Originally Posted by WillBlack
Ta. I think the problem is Gen X, Y & Z have had it too good, too long and all they know is how to bleat like spoilt children and Poms.
Give them time.....they will soon learn to whinge like Aussies......it takes a lot of practice
Old Aug 14th 2009, 11:51 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Why has it changed since we last lived there??
Probably not. But then, neither have you.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 12:05 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Right can we get back on topic please. Any children playing, can you go elsewhere. Most posters are not interested in your infantile whitterings.
Originally Posted by WillBlack
Ta. I think the problem is Gen X, Y & Z have had it too good, too long and all they know is how to bleat like spoilt children and Poms.
What's the point ripping half the thread out if you are going to let this fool come straight back with yet another go at the Brits... just bounce this idiot of the site completely or you will get crap like this over and over again.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 12:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
What's the point ripping half the thread out if you are going to let this fool come straight back with yet another go at the Brits... just bounce this idiot of the site completely or you will get crap like this over and over again.
If you have an issue with how I moderate then take it to PM. If you were to ignore him, he wouldn't have anyone to play with. End of conversation. Back to topic please.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 12:58 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
You say that all I ever do is quote and counter quote... maybe I do
You also happen to have provided more information over the years than any other poster on this site to assist expats and gathered and sorted more data on the subject than any other I know on your own websites. Sourcing your information and providing links to stated facts is a standard educational practice as well as being just plain useful for people to read up further. Good on you

More on topic, could it not be said that perhaps these sort of extreme negative comments in the article are the very similar negative views, whilst clearly not specifically - more the sentiments, that caused a lot of people to migrate to Australia from say the UK ?
Old Aug 15th 2009, 1:02 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
You also happen to have provided more information over the years than any other poster on this site to assist expats and gathered and sorted more data on the subject than any other I know on your own websites. Sourcing your information and providing links to stated facts is a standard educational practice as well as being just plain useful for people to read up further. Good on you

More on topic, could it not be said that perhaps these sort of extreme negative comments in the article are the very similar negative views, whilst clearly not specifically - more the sentiments, that caused a lot of people to migrate to Australia from say the UK ?
I agree - keep it up ABC - you are a fountain of knowledge
Old Aug 15th 2009, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

It would appear that this thread has been abducted by the sort of people who spend their weekends looking at show homes and self congratulatory types who appear to be so dull that Australia definitely is the country for them.
The censure is I think unwarranted.

However the"you have been a source of knowledge Blah! Blah!" sycophancy is actually quite amusing.

Keep it up.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 2:02 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevin747
It would appear that this thread has been abducted by the sort of people who spend their weekends looking at show homes and self congratulatory types who appear to be so dull that Australia definitely is the country for them.
The censure is I think unwarranted.

However the"you have been a source of knowledge Blah! Blah!" sycophancy is actually quite amusing.

Keep it up.
Australia definately is NOT the country for me - the reason why we are returning to Scotland in March and coincidentally, all the same reasons you returned.

I just like ABC - he is always well mannered, friendly and extremely helpful - and never judgemental.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Australia definately is NOT the country for me - the reason why we are returning to Scotland in March and coincidentally, all the same reasons you returned.

I just like ABC - he is always well mannered, friendly and extremely helpful - and never judgemental.
Judgemental ? ABC I'm sure is a charming fellow. I'm actually not referring to him/her.

BTW March is a great month to come home
Old Aug 15th 2009, 2:08 am

Judgemental ? ABC I'm sure is a charming fellow. I'm actually not referring to him/her.

BTW March is a great month to come home
Yeah, it's cheaper to fly - and i quite fancy flying into the cold spring weather straight from QLD's humid hot hell

We are renovating this timewarp of a cardboard box we bought and estimate March before we can come home!
Old Aug 15th 2009, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Yeah, it's cheaper to fly - and i quite fancy flying into the cold spring weather straight from QLD's humid hot hell

We are renovating this timewarp of a cardboard box we bought and estimate March before we can come home!
March is good because it's spring and at the end the clocks go forward and you appreciate the light nights just as Oz gets dark and cold in some parts.

Good luck with the cardboard box sale. They really don't know how to build houses do they?
Old Aug 15th 2009, 2:26 am

March is good because it's spring and at the end the clocks go forward and you appreciate the light nights just as Oz gets dark and cold in some parts.

Good luck with the cardboard box sale. They really don't know how to build houses do they?
Ah, I hadn't thought of daylight savings, it's terrible here in QLD, the latest it gets dark is around 6pm - i hate it, turns into IamLegend in the evenings here

The houses are shocking and they are freezing in the 'winter' - we actually had to buy heaters, couldn't believe it!
Old Aug 15th 2009, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginreality
I'm not vain at all (hardly wear makeup ect except going somewhere special,also don't wear high priced moisturiser ect)but boy did everyone look alot older than me!My best mate,who is 3 years younger than me looked like she has hit her high 50's!Even my twin sister looks 10 years older than myself!!!I'm always getting told I look alot younger than my age so maybe this colder climate is doing me some favours!
I expect you are right with regards to the colder climate but do feel there is something else happening here. Something happens to a lot of women in Australia that dries them out from the inside which in turn seems to nullify a lot of female qualities such as sensitivity and develop a very tough hide,lack in charm but can be quite independent minded. I do wonder if their experience of the local men play a large part in this development in women say from 35 onwards.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
I expect you are right with regards to the colder climate but do feel there is something else happening here. Something happens to a lot of women in Australia that dries them out from the inside which in turn seems to nullify a lot of female qualities such as sensitivity and develop a very tough hide,lack in charm but can be quite independent minded. I do wonder if their experience of the local men play a large part in this development in women say from 35 onwards.
If thats the case,then I am really glad I divorced my aussie husband!Funny you should mention those aspects though because having spent 30 years in Oz myself,I am a fairly tough kind of person,not in a cruel way,I'm definately not a soft touch,and I am fiercely independant!
Old Aug 15th 2009, 4:22 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Media opinion!
No offence or anything, but I'll take the views of a well-informed Guardian journalist over yours.

Funny thread though and judging by the pruning Moneypen's been doing, got a bit heated without me. I suppose personal failure turns people bitter ... ah well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.