Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia, loads of feedback from aussies

Australia, loads of feedback from aussies

Old Aug 14th 2009, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia, loads of feedback from aussies

Originally Posted by jad n rich
With you 100%. In the past the lack of competition, pricing, service etc all aussies would do is defend with this was the " were the best in the world rant" " . Almost brainwahed

I guess the internet has started to give more aussies a taste of whats available overseas, the isolation from rest of world has started to crack and info is seeping in
I think that your average bogan is starting to wake up. Thank God they're not all like that.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly think many Aussies are sort of brainwashed. It starts at school.That syrup like nationalism which many on this forum think is "sweet","cute" etc. makes me vomit.
I was amazed at the media who show any problem in theUk ,USA to the max.
My Aussie relative worked 60 hrs per week,spending 20 hours travelling to work,he has 20 days hols and the odd sickie and he thinks that is wonderful,that only Aus would offer this. He is old before his time.
Oh! BTW he's a Holden man.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 8:25 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by kevin747
Wait and see what happens when China bombs! Aus is going to be in a pretty hard place.
World Bank sees China recovery this year
China's injection of 4tn yuan into economy is likely to secure 6.5% growth and help pull rest of Asia out of slump, World Bank predicts
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...china-recovery

Old Aug 14th 2009, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I think that your average bogan is starting to wake up. Thank God they're not all like that.
I agree....while judging Australia by the average bogan may be a fun game...it's biased....would be just as easy to write the same stuff about any country, well travelled chavs of the UK, hicks of the US....but if it makes you all feel superior who are we to get in your way
Old Aug 14th 2009, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
World Bank sees China recovery this year
China's injection of 4tn yuan into economy is likely to secure 6.5% growth and help pull rest of Asia out of slump, World Bank predicts
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...china-recovery
Media opinion! There are many different forecasts. Look pal all you ever do is quote and counter quote.
Give it some of your own own. I'll not tell you what I imagine you look like
Old Aug 14th 2009, 9:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Wait and see what happens when China bombs! Aus is going to be in a pretty hard place.
Very true.Australia was saved a few years back when was a whisker from incurring recession and every likelyhood of falling real estate prices due to the Chinese boom and sudden need to import massive amounts of raw materials....now with a housing bubble getting ever larger for one thing ...looks unlikely one suspects that China will be a saviour in the future or at least not to the degree expected.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 9:15 pm
ABCDiamond

Media opinion! There are many different forecasts. Look pal all you ever do is quote and counter quote.
Give it some of your own own. I'll not tell you what I imagine you look like
Whether it is the "World Banks" or "Your" opinion, it is up to everyone else to decide what they believe in. But you obviously do not like to hear other opinions that conflict with the message that you wish to get across.

You say that all I ever do is quote and counter quote... maybe I do, but what does everyone else do, it seems a common pastime for people of forums to put information forward, including yourself.

What do you do ? Do you quote or do you just make up some info without backing it up, and hope that people will believe you ?

I suppose it would be OK if I just make up anti-australia stuff, or said things like the following, which are obviously perfectly reasoned statements...

I honestly think many Aussies are sort of brainwashed. It starts at school.
I was breathalysed 5 times in 15 months. It never happened at home. I found the Victorian Police to be meat headed idiots.
The UK is simply superior to Aus/NZ/ etc.
I suggest that if you do not like to read my comments, you could always put me on ignore. I honestly don't mind.

What do I look like ? You can keep imagining

Old Aug 14th 2009, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly think many Aussies are sort of brainwashed. It starts at school.That syrup like nationalism which many on this forum think is "sweet","cute" etc. makes me vomit.
I was amazed at the media who show any problem in theUk ,USA to the max.
My Aussie relative worked 60 hrs per week,spending 20 hours travelling to work,he has 20 days hols and the odd sickie and he thinks that is wonderful,that only Aus would offer this. He is old before his time.
Oh! BTW he's a Holden man.
Old before their time is a relatively common experience in this land almost to the point of being scarey. Take a look at the folks in their forties in any shopping centre and note the often beaten,bedraggled appearance.Scarey indeed.

Last edited by the troubadour; Aug 14th 2009 at 9:25 pm. Reason: change
Old Aug 14th 2009, 9:26 pm
ABCDiamond

Media opinion! There are many different forecasts.
As it happens the media opinion is different to the experts...

That media report stated that China is likely to secure only 6.5% growth.

So let's forget the "Media opinion" in your words, and go with............ ?

The actual WORLD BANK report quoted "we forecast GDP growth of 7.2 percent in 2009."

http://go.worldbank.org/QR685IVMP0

Old Aug 14th 2009, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

These quotes are my own opinions/experiences. Not stats

Of course they are subjective opinions. I do read various literature pertaining to economics.I then make my mind up and act accordingly,sometimes I get it wrong also.Thankfully I also often get it right.
I do think this forum has many smug types who like yourself love Oz but i suspect also many can't hack the fact that some find the place a shithole.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Take a look at the folks in their forties in any shopping centre and note the often beaten,bedraggled appearance.Scarey indeed.
Take a look at any suburban shopping mall anywhere in the W world....seriously...having said that..I sometimes think myself and my wife are genetically insured against all that...we are approaching 40 and we can pass for 30.

The new shop opening around here has suddenly brought out all the yummy mummys and daughters...
Old Aug 14th 2009, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Take a look at any suburban shopping mall anywhere in the W world....seriously...having said that..I sometimes think myself and my wife are genetically insured against all that...we are approaching 40 and we can pass for 30.
The new shop opening around here has suddenly brought out all the yummy mummys and daughters...
Try asking an 18yr old if you pass for 30. I bet they don't agree with your own personal assesment.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 11:27 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Right can we get back on topic please. Any children playing, can you go elsewhere. Most posters are not interested in your infantile whitterings.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 11:33 pm
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Right can we get back on topic please. Any children playing, can you go elsewhere. Most posters are not interested in your infantile whitterings.
Ta. I think the problem is Gen X, Y & Z have had it too good, too long and all they know is how to bleat like spoilt children and Poms.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Old before their time is a relatively common experience in this land almost to the point of being scarey. Take a look at the folks in their forties in any shopping centre and note the often beaten,bedraggled appearance.Scarey indeed.
I'm not vain at all (hardly wear makeup ect except going somewhere special,also don't wear high priced moisturiser ect)but boy did everyone look alot older than me!My best mate,who is 3 years younger than me looked like she has hit her high 50's!Even my twin sister looks 10 years older than myself!!!I'm always getting told I look alot younger than my age so maybe this colder climate is doing me some favours!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.