Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Aussie Football..... A league... Calling all UK fans....

Aussie Football..... A league... Calling all UK fans....

Old Sep 22nd 2006, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aussie Football..... A league... Calling all UK fans....

Well this season compeition has got off to a flying start, With great crowds and atmosphere. The clubs are gaining strength, people that are going are reporting a great expeirence. For me personally it's a godsend, after 26 years without being able to go on almost a weekly basis to my local teams home and away games throughout the year. I will admit the standard isn't what we are used to in the UK. However only by going and taking part in the days action will we be able to attract a better standard of play (hopefully). From what I've seen so far, a afternoon or evening at the football seems to have a far more encompassing and involving atmosphere, than the local Fairies in the park "AFL" ....

Quiet often there are threads that pop up about the A league, but as yet nothing has been coordinated, I'd like to take the opportunity to start the ball rolling at least in getting interested fans to get to meet each other in their respective cities.

I know of two two fairly substantial groups outside the expats, from UK football supporters that meet up in Sydney and Brisbane. So if you miss the football banter of the UK, want to meet up pre and maybe post match, make some football orientated freinds then please make your interest known on here.. I think we also have access to a group in Perth as well. Melbourne and Adelaide are yet to have a set meeting place as of yet. Melbourne will be easy to set up.... It's just there are little groups all over the place.

I'm on holidays as of the end of next week, so I can give this a month of pushing, after that I will be busy, and not as up with it as I would like, hopefully by then this thread will be free running and self sustaning.

Jump on board, and lets start

Whos up for Sunday... Melbourne Victory V Queensland Roar at the Telstra dome.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 10:42 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Football..... A league... Calling all UK fans....

Mate, with all due respect, I'd rather have a nail in my eye than watch the A league, sorry to dampen your enthusiasm
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla
Mate, with all due respect, I'd rather have a nail in my eye than watch the A league, sorry to dampen your enthusiasm
Thats up to you me ole son I will say I wouldn't be on here and posting this stuff, if there were not already substantial large groups of UK fans meeting and going. For me and those it's more than just the A league... It's a chance to get together with Football loving people and enjoying a similar though different day to what we were used to in the UK.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 10:52 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Thats up to you me ole son I will say I wouldn't be on here and posting this stuff, if there were not already substantial large groups of UK fans meeting and going. For me and those it's more than just the A league... It's a chance to get together with Football loving people and enjoying a similar though different day to what we were used to in the UK.
Aye, fair game to ya, the crack is good, perhaps I'm being a bit cranky because Perth Glory is my local team
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Aye, fair game to ya, the crack is good, perhaps I'm being a bit cranky because Perth Glory is my local team

Lol... now where would football be if we didn't collectively have someone we could all laugh at

I'll check out the Perth group for later... We all know that Perth will end up playing properly..... Eventually, maybe well errmmm ??
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:00 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, although not too impressed with the hammers either after losing at home to that shit northern team
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by fraser
I agree, although not too impressed with the hammers either after losing at home to that shit northern team
Up for a few beers next sunday at 3.30 ish ? With some football fans Fraser ? you don't have to go to the game you know

One of our supporters in Sydney, is in close contact with that West Ham bloke (name escapes me at present) who organised that 5,000, Aussie wide attended private setanata Sattelite feed, Between Palace and West Ham at Cardiff. Chatting about organising cheap away travel.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:15 am
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Did they lose to Sunderland then?
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:16 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Up for a few beers next sunday at 3.30 ish ? With some football fans Fraser ? you don't have to go to the game you know

One of our supporters in Sydney, is in close contact with that West Ham bloke (name escapes me at present) who organised that 5,000, Aussie wide attended private setanata Sattelite feed, Between Palace and West Ham at Cardiff. Chatting about organising cheap away travel.
The hammers are on Sunday night, the last thing I need to be doing is daytime drinking

Not too bothered about the eufa as it'll mean loads of Sunday games not too clever when they're 2 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

AdelaideBlue has a brilliant futureAdelaideBlue has a brilliant futureAdelaideBlue has a brilliant futureAdelaideBlue has a brilliant futureAdelaideBlue has a brilliant futureAdelaideBlue has a brilliant futureAdelaideBlue has a brilliant future

[QUOTE= Whos up for Sunday... Melbourne Victory V Queensland Roar at the Telstra dome.[/QUOTE]

You don't even know who your team is playing this weekend!!...The Victory are away against Perth Glory this Sunday are they not?

Last edited by AdelaideBlue; Sep 22nd 2006 at 11:26 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:28 am
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdelaideBlue
You don't even know who your team is playing this weekend!!...The Victory are away against Perth Glory this Sunday are they not?
Roar drew 0-0 with Adelaide last night and it was a shite game, waste of two hours and $30.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:29 am
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
Did they lose to Sunderland then?
Darlington.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:30 am
Keeping it fairly real

Aye, well, you lot have a lot of catching up to do if you want to play with the big boys
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by AdelaideBlue

I said next sunday.... not this sunday... lost in translation...

Note to self always add dates

Sunday the 1st of October.... No venue yet, as there are groups all over the place.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:36 am

Aye, well, you lot have a lot of catching up to do if you want to play with the big boys
True, and your lot have even more catching up to do

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.