Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Aussie Flick to (Apple) Macs

Aussie Flick to (Apple) Macs

Old Aug 24th 2008, 8:43 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussie Flick to (Apple) Macs

Originally Posted by Hutch
Well - all IBM did was kickstart the PC platform, so I don't quite know what that's got to do with anything - the components that go into them (just like Apples) are primarily produced in the Far East.

But anyway - you're on very thin ice if you're trying to take the moral highground with Apple. This is the company who included the use of toxic flame retardants and polyvinyl chlorides in their products - long after ever other manufacturer with a conscience had banned them. Apple ranked lower than HP, Dell, Nokia, and Sony in the green stakes until very recently when a prolonged Greenpeace campaign made Jobs change his tune. However Apple still get their iPhones made in China by 12 year olds - so tell me again about that 'cleaner conscience' of theirs ...

Hmmmm?
God, you fall for it every time. It's like taking candy from a baby.
Didn't you see the ?

You might like the book if you haven't read it....

http://www.ibmandtheholocaust.com/
Old Aug 24th 2008, 9:19 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
God, you fall for it every time. It's like taking candy from a baby.
Didn't you see the ?

You might like the book if you haven't read it....

http://www.ibmandtheholocaust.com/
I did see the and have read the book you mention. But if you think about it - no IBM - no Apple either.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 9:24 am

I did see the and have read the book you mention. But if you think about it - no IBM - no Apple either.
Of course. I wasn't being serious hun. I've given that up as a bad job.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 11:15 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Of course. I wasn't being serious hun. I've given that up as a bad job.
Nah - let's all get poe-faced and run around screaming that the skies falling in. Haven't you heard - despondency is the new black on BE.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 11:17 am

Nah - let's all get poe-faced and run around screaming that the skies falling in. Haven't you heard - despondency is the new black on BE.
I hear a lot of things. I don't take notice of much of it.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
With a 2 second click while wirelessly linked to his Mac. Not overly troublesome eh?
Going 4 days without his brand new phone, having to use his wifes knackered old phone, and considering it a privilege that they'll replace it (they still haven't btw)....

oh hang on you're a Scientologist too aren't you. No point arguing, Apple are great.

JTL
Old Aug 26th 2008, 10:58 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Going 4 days without his brand new phone, having to use his wifes knackered old phone, and considering it a privilege that they'll replace it (they still haven't btw)....

oh hang on you're a Scientologist too aren't you. No point arguing, Apple are great.

JTL
Not I swing both ways.

Just pointing out he wouldnt have lost all his phone details as you implied.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 1:43 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed - but you can save a fortune by buying from the states - they're far cheaper there anyway, plus the current exchange rate reaps great benefits.
Don't forget to get the education discount...
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Not I swing both ways.

Just pointing out he wouldnt have lost all his phone details as you implied.

Just a quick update on my Apple evangelist colleague.

He eventually "cracked the shits" I believe was his phrase, with Optus, because he hadn't had his iPhone replaced after 3 weeks. So they gave him a new one yesterday.

It had exactly the same flaws as his old one. So he tried unlocking it, and putting in his wifes Telstra SIM card and it worked perfectly.It could switch between 2g and 3g as required, and didn't drop phone calls, and the calls were clear etc.

So now of course, the villains in his mind are Optus.... never ever would Apple be to blame.

Now get this, he is talking about giving up on his Optus iPhone, and buying a Telstra iPhone! Even though he has already cracked his Optus iPhone to use a Telstra SIM card. Quote:- "But I won't be able to update it if its on the wrong network"

Brainwashed.

JTL