Wikiposts

Aussie Bashing

Old Aug 24th 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Aussie Bashing

Not everyone likes Australia, as you said yourself, if everyone liked the same things the world would be very boring, so get used to it – not everyone loves Australia.

Some people get 100% miserable because they see what they have given up and what they now have, it’s ok for you to say “well make the most of the situation” but in some peoples cases that’s not possible. The longer in the place you hate the more miserable you get even picking at little silly things. You’d be miserable too if you where stuck in a place you hated, gave up everything only to be worse off.

Then again, some people love the place, that’s life!

Mikey
Old Aug 24th 2008, 4:19 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
So it's okay for them to knock everyone and everything around them, but not for me to make comment about their negativity?
I didn't tell you not to make a comment about it I was simply replying to your statement and explaining something.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeyc
Not everyone likes Australia, as you said yourself, if everyone liked the same things the world would be very boring, so get used to it – not everyone loves Australia.

Some people get 100% miserable because they see what they have given up and what they now have, it’s ok for you to say “well make the most of the situation” but in some peoples cases that’s not possible. The longer in the place you hate the more miserable you get even picking at little silly things. You’d be miserable to if you where stuck in a place you hated, gave up everything only to be worse off.

Then again, some people love the place, that’s life!

Mikey
I'm not asking everyone to love Australia - just can't understand the constant need to bash it to death. As an Australian there are certainly aspects of it that I don't particularly love. When I arrived back in Perth after 10 years I wondered what on earth I was doing there - but moved to a suburb that I knew I'd be okay in and started enjoying my life.

The 100% unhappy thing may be true for someone like you, who is single, doesn't have a kids to brighten their day. I remember going away to work in my late teens and missing my mates like crazy - can't say I was completely miserable though. I just can't see how people with their partners and kids, jobs, a house etc etc can be completely miserable and find nothing to like.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

You might get australian girl germs......you don't want that.
Don't worry on my part, because:

"I've been all over the world,
Been with every kinda girl"
Old Aug 24th 2008, 4:22 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

You might get australian girl germs......you don't want that.
Rabies?
Old Aug 24th 2008, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Don't worry on my part, because:

"I've been all over the world,
Been with every kinda girl"
bragger
Old Aug 24th 2008, 4:27 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

There is nothing wrong with letting a bit of steam about where you live. It doesnt mean you hate the place and want to leave, nor should you be made to feel like you should, just because some aspect of Aussie life has pissed you off.

Its probably better to come in here and let off steam than to your Aussie mates who will label you a whinging pom!!

I think this place has a fair balance on Aus lovers and haters, balance is good. If you are new to the Aussie lifestyle getting a bit of the negativity is healthy also, it helps to clear up the rose tinted specs.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

The 100% unhappy thing may be true for someone like you, who is single, doesn't have a kids to brighten their day.
Em, don’t jump to assumptions – I’m Happy, I consider Sydney one of the best cities in the world, I just prefer my life in Europe, But I’m still happy (get annoyed every now and then, but no way close to 100% miserable). I’m not single, I have a partner, same one for over 5 years now, and I don’t have kids, but we have a cat

Mikey
Old Aug 24th 2008, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Rabies?
Only the vampires amongst us who get bitten too often by our pet bats.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Mikeyc
Em, don’t jump to assumptions – I’m Happy, I consider Sydney one of the best cities in the world, I just prefer my life in Europe, But I’m still happy (get annoyed every now and then, but no way close to 100% miserable). I’m not single, I have a partner, same one for over 5 years now, and I don’t have kids, but we have a cat

Mikey
Sorry forgot about he parnter - my apologies. And only 100% miserable when on Western Australian soil. My memory is coming back - must be the old age and the jetlag catching up with me.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry forgot about he parnter - my apologies. And only 100% miserable when on Western Australian soil. My memory is coming back - must be the old age and the jetlag catching up with me.
That's it, 100% when in WA, it's only like 10% miserabel in Sydney (and that's usually only during the winter)..... The cat sometimes brings it down to 5%.

Mikey
Old Aug 24th 2008, 5:59 pm
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't believe the rubbish being spouted on here recently. Just a few short weeks ago there seemed to be some genuine help for people and some serious issues being discussed. Over the last couple of weeks, it's just been aussie bashing at it's worst.

You know what guys, when in Rome............

The world would be a boring place if we all thought the same and liked the same things. I think that some of the "bashers" are possibly hanging around the wrong type of australians and need to broaden their circle - see we're not all a bunch of bad sportsmanlike, racist bogans (which you get plenty of in the UK too).

I hope that I'm much more accepting of the UAE and it's people.

Is it me or are the jokes in the Barbie forum just not funny anymore?
Old Aug 24th 2008, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
Is it me or are the jokes in the Barbie forum just not funny anymore?
You may find my thoughts a joke - but after having read all your previous posts, I'm finding it rather funny that I may have been able to help you out of Australia. Anyway, you've done that for yourself, enjoy europe. I hope you'll find the happiness you can't find in Australia.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

I agree about the Aussi Bashing too, if I did not live here and I was thinking about coming and I read what people write I would run a mile I would not consider emigrating.

That is unfair to people. I know people are entitled to their view but when it goes on and on and on its a bit boring.

There is good and bad everywhere but noone likes a whinger.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4Margaret
I agree about the Aussi Bashing too, if I did not live here and I was thinking about coming and I read what people write I would run a mile I would not consider emigrating.
If someone’s decision to immigrate to Australia could be changed because of something they read on a message board, then I’d say they’re not in a position to migrate in the first place.

Mikey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.