Aussie Bashing

Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aussie Bashing

I can't believe the rubbish being spouted on here recently. Just a few short weeks ago there seemed to be some genuine help for people and some serious issues being discussed. Over the last couple of weeks, it's just been aussie bashing at it's worst.

You know what guys, when in Rome............

The world would be a boring place if we all thought the same and liked the same things. I think that some of the "bashers" are possibly hanging around the wrong type of australians and need to broaden their circle - see we're not all a bunch of bad sportsmanlike, racist bogans (which you get plenty of in the UK too).

I hope that I'm much more accepting of the UAE and it's people.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Bashing

Just because you don't agree with some of what has been put doesn't make it rubbish necessarily. Some people need to let off steam whilst living in a country they don't like but are not in a position to leave. Others are posting slightly tongue in cheek.

As you say 'we're all different and it would be boring if we all liked the same thing' - that goes in spades for humour and mental attitude. Just because there's some banter about how people perceive other nations doesn't mean they are not accepting of those nations.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67

The world would be a boring place if we all thought the same and liked the same things.
You're right it would be.

But beware, because by bashing bashers, a basher you be!

Last edited by spartacus; Aug 25th 2008 at 3:53 am.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Some people need to let off steam whilst living in a country they don't like but are not in a position to leave. Others are posting slightly tongue in cheek.
If they're not in a position to leave, then make the most of the good things - like ANYWHERE, Australia has both positive and negative sides. I don't believe it's so bad that it could make someone 100% miserable, 100% of the time like some people would have others believe.

The tongue in cheek and joking is fine, breaks the boredom between reading all the doom and gloom posts. I even find a lot of the humor funny, because contrary to popular opinion, some australians do have a sense of humor.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spartacus
You're right it would be.

But beware, because by bashing bashers, a basher you be!
But mum, he hit me first is always my defense.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

But mum, he hit me first is always my defense.
So not only a basher, but a CRYBABY!
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

. . . because contrary to popular opinion, some australians do have a sense of humor.
And a GREAT BIG FIBBER!
Old Aug 25th 2008, 4:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If they're not in a position to leave, then make the most of the good things - like ANYWHERE, Australia has both positive and negative sides. I don't believe it's so bad that it could make someone 100% miserable, 100% of the time like some people would have others believe.
It becomes 100% bad for some people because they can't see a way out and so everything, even the silliest, most unimportant things, take on great magnitude. Don't knock them until you've been where they are.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 4:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So not only a basher, but a CRYBABY!
Prefer to think of it as someone who stands up for herself - I'm pretty placid, but only so much sh*t I'll take from someone before retaliating - my mum knew that.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 4:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Prefer to think of it as someone who stands up for herself - I'm pretty placid, but only so much sh*t I'll take from someone before retaliating - my mum knew that.
Steady soldier!
Old Aug 25th 2008, 4:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypen20
It becomes 100% bad for some people because they can't see a way out and so everything, even the silliest, most unimportant things, take on great magnitude. Don't knock them until you've been where they are.
So it's okay for them to knock everyone and everything around them, but not for me to make comment about their negativity?
Old Aug 25th 2008, 4:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steady soldier!
Don't worry, your safe - you haven't managed to push my buttons enough for a girly kick in the shins.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 4:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So it's okay for them to knock everyone and everything around them, but not for me to make comment about their negativity?
No its fine to do that. But maybe not to ask them not to do it in the first place.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Don't worry, your safe - you haven't managed to push my buttons enough for a girly kick in the shins.
OooH! Chase me! Chase me!

Last edited by spartacus; Aug 25th 2008 at 4:11 am.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 4:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OooH! Chase me! Chase me!
You might get australian girl germs......you don't want that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.