Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is Aus more "ageist" than uk?

Is Aus more "ageist" than uk?

Old Dec 11th 2011, 12:26 am

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is Aus more "ageist" than uk?

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Some people can be happy there, don't knock it.

They deserve pity though

Hell yes, I've started early.
I bet there is a huge hole in the ozone layer over Bournemouth.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 12:36 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheene
He used to gaffa tape his headphones on, so they wouldn't fall off while he was drumming. Have you seen Kieth Richards of late? Apparently that is who Johnny Depp based Jack Sparrow on.
Current pet peeve of mine, people that profess to be a fan of 'Keith Richard'.

Wendy Richard, Keith Richards.

I am easily riled
Old Dec 11th 2011, 12:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I am easily riled
It's the full moon. I'm being riled by a great many things, well people actually, today.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 12:38 am

I am easily riled
Keith Richards was in Eastenders?

Last edited by sheene; Dec 11th 2011 at 12:45 am.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 12:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Kieth Richards was in Eastenders?
Keith. It's Keith.

Old Dec 11th 2011, 12:41 am

Do you think one day, we will look at those little 2-wheeled shopping trolleys that old people take for walks, the ones with Tartan fabric, and think - 'That's a good idea'
Old Dec 11th 2011, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Keith. It's Keith.

So it is - sorry, off duty.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 12:46 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Keith Richards was in Eastenders?
Not quite, I am apparently alone in thinking Dot Cotton looks like Al Pacino though.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 12:47 am

Not quite, I am apparently alone in thinking Dot Cotton looks like Al Pacino though.
Apparently.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 12:48 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Would you even think to go into an aged community at 50? WTF is anyone thinking going into one of these places where everyone knows your business and bingo is the most exciting thing on the agenda. One advert even had an old biddy saying she felt safe, really, really safe - like we live in Sarf Ifrika or somefink

Yeh UK aint perfect not by a long chalk but at least you're not over the bleedin hill at 50 mate
I've met 80 year olds in Oz about to sail around the world! The grey nomads with their posh SUVs certainly aren't over the hill - they'll fight you tooth and nail for a camp site space. I was under the impression the 50+ brigade got a pretty cushty life in Oz.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 12:51 am
Mostly Harmless

Do you think one day, we will look at those little 2-wheeled shopping trolleys that old people take for walks, the ones with Tartan fabric, and think - 'That's a good idea'
I was mulling that a few years ago when wheeled luggage somehow broke out of the confines of the airport into the mainstream.

I called it 'doggage' and I believe on a related thread I mulled over the idea of people genetically desposed to having shorter legs having a separate lane in city centers to ease pedestrian traffic flow.

As I recall this resulted in me being called a racist.

With hilarious consequences.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 12:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

I do sometimes look at old people pushing on those wheeled padded seat things and wonder how old I have to be before I can get away with having one
Old Dec 11th 2011, 12:59 am

I was mulling that a few years ago when wheeled luggage somehow broke out of the confines of the airport into the mainstream.

I called it 'doggage' and I believe on a related thread I mulled over the idea of people genetically desposed to having shorter legs having a separate lane in city centers to ease pedestrian traffic flow.

As I recall this resulted in me being called a racist.

With hilarious consequences.
This is the sort:

The separate lane idea is sound. We should definitely have slow lanes for old people, wide lanes for Americans, narrow lanes for mincing and fast lanes for muggers.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 1:01 am

There was a character in Eastenders, can't remember his name, but he was dead ringer for the bass player out of Spandau Ballet.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I do sometimes look at old people pushing on those wheeled padded seat things and wonder how old I have to be before I can get away with having one
It's called a wheelchair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.