Ashes tickets

Old Jun 2nd 2006, 12:13 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ashes tickets

lol ?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/b...956483193.html
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 12:18 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Damn,

I just posted this as a new thread on the Lifestyle and Culture forum.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 12:37 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

LOL my Farking Arse!
This tosser nabs loads of tickets and then sells them on ebay with no intention of going to the match himself, leaving us locals who actually want to go to the games with nothing.

Then he brags about it to a newspaper!
I hope Cricket Australia cancel all his tickets and give them for free to that bloke who is obviously a true fan and his 3 sons!

Wanker!
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 12:49 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie
LOL my Farking Arse!
This tosser nabs loads of tickets and then sells them on ebay with no intention of going to the match himself, leaving us locals who actually want to go to the games with nothing.

Then he brags about it to a newspaper!
I hope Cricket Australia cancel all his tickets and give them for free to that bloke who is obviously a true fan and his 3 sons!

Wanker!
I agree, Cricket Australia is talking about cancelling these tickets on Ebay, but how could they actually do it. I can't see how they could.

I'm worried now that I asked for my tickets to be posted in the mail and not pay the extra $4 for registered post. I hope they arrive.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 12:52 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I agree, Cricket Australia is talking about cancelling these tickets on Ebay, but how could they actually do it. I can't see how they could.

I'm worried now that I asked for my tickets to be posted in the mail and not pay the extra $4 for registered post. I hope they arrive.
They know the ticket numbers they sold you so if they had any sense they'd ask these ebay dudes the ticket number to prove they had one - then cancel it. The t's + C's say you wont on-sell for a profit so they have ht eright to cancel.

wether they do or not is another matter, if they cant setup a website to cope with huge demand you cant imagine they're bright enough to find ebay.com
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 12:57 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by spalen
They know the ticket numbers they sold you so if they had any sense they'd ask these ebay dudes the ticket number to prove they had one - then cancel it. The t's + C's say you wont on-sell for a profit so they have ht eright to cancel.

wether they do or not is another matter, if they cant setup a website to cope with huge demand you cant imagine they're bright enough to find ebay.com
Then the Ebayer sellers just don't tell anyone making enquiries the ticket numbers. Ebay are quite sensitive about this sort of thing, maybe they might step in and do something, who knows.

But at the end of the day, this sort of thing is capitalism in its rawest form, the system by which we all live. Is it any different than buying say, a plot of land with no intention to build whilst many families are looking for a home, then selling it a year later for a huge profit?
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 12:58 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Then the Ebayer sellers just don't tell anyone making enquiries the ticket numbers. Ebay are quite sensitive about this sort of thing, maybe they might step in and do something, who knows.

But at the end of the day, this sort of thing is capitalism in its rawest form, the system by which we all live. Is it any different than buying say, a plot of land with no intention to build whilst many families are looking for a home, then selling it a year later for a huge profit?
I didnt say it was a bad thing. if people are smart enough and brazen enough to try it and it works out then cool. And they're fulfilling a need for rich people to get tickets - works for me.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

galloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nice

Just send the tickets out a couple of weeks prior to the matchs, might frighten a few buyers off if they don't trust the eBay touts to pass the tickets on quickly enough.

Either that or CA could register some dodgy eBay accounts and bid the tickets through the roof and then forget to pay
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

stokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant future

Well yes because it clearly states in the terms and conditions that they are not for re-sale so therefore makes it illegal. Totally different situations IMO but I do understand the point you are making.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 2:50 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

I was a bit concerned about that so decided to opt to pay the additional $4, the con is I had to pay it twice, for each different day of tickets...and I know I wont be there to sign for them anyway so will have to drive somewhere and pick them up...
I bet there will be some news stories about Posties having the tickets away, I assume reserved seating will be fine but any general admin ones wouldnt be replaced if they went walkies...
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 4:19 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
I was a bit concerned about that so decided to opt to pay the additional $4, the con is I had to pay it twice, for each different day of tickets...and I know I wont be there to sign for them anyway so will have to drive somewhere and pick them up...
I bet there will be some news stories about Posties having the tickets away, I assume reserved seating will be fine but any general admin ones wouldnt be replaced if they went walkies...
It's express and you don't sign for it.

We had to get ours express as moving soon.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 6:31 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
It's express and you don't sign for it.

We had to get ours express as moving soon.

:scared: so i've paid about $9 for tickets for 6 months time to turn up in 4 days rather thean 7!!! that was worth it!!
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 6:35 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
:scared: so i've paid about $9 for tickets for 6 months time to turn up in 4 days rather thean 7!!! that was worth it!!
Yep I'd say that's about the size of it
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:44 am
Living in Perthection

Originally Posted by fraser
Yep I'd say that's about the size of it
Excellent!!!
Was there a seperate registered post option somewhere? I thought that was the recommended delivery method ???

On a seperate note whats the deal over here if it gets rained off or the match ends before your day of play? tough titty?
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Cancelling ebay tickets is a bit unfair to the people who have bought them in good faith off an ebay seller.
If you'd forked out $500 for a ticket off ebay you'd be a bit p'd off it you got there and found you couldn't get in. The scalper would still have got the $500 - it's only the genuine fan who's bought it who would be punished

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.