Arrogant Poms

Old Nov 29th 2010, 12:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arrogant Poms

Originally Posted by dazmurray
I think the POM's have a bit of a reputation for being arrogant and a bit unfriendly but i suppose it is up to you guys to change that. Maybe don't refer to Britain as England like the vast majority of you do, which pisses of the Scots and Welsh. And there is no such thing as an English passport it is a British passport. All the Scots reading this will know where i'm coming from!!
Don't assume you speak for all the Scots and the Welsh, makes you sound rather arrogant yourself
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:08 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
Oh my God, fancy going to the Doctor and having to read about the cricket while you wait. How terrible. I hope you're feeling better Beedubya.
It was either that or stick pins in my eyes.

Feeling much better thanks for asking.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:10 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Don't assume you speak for all the Scots and the Welsh, makes you sound rather arrogant yourself
Diolch yn fawr Pol
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

HappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to all

Like the Debs avatar - have you seen Blondie yet ?
Old Nov 29th 2010, 6:52 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the POM's have a bit of a reputation for being arrogant and a bit unfriendly but i suppose it is up to you guys to change that. Maybe don't refer to Britain as England like the vast majority of you do, which pisses of the Scots and Welsh. And there is no such thing as an English passport it is a British passport. All the Scots reading this will know where i'm coming from!!
Never once have I refered to Britain as England, or claimed to have an 'English passport'.... but given the amount of arrogance most Scots show about their birthplace perhaps I should start.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 10:20 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
I disagree - it may be held up as an Australian fundamental to dislike arrogance but in reality it seems to me the 'average' australian is far more likely to be overconfident and have a high opinion of themselves compared with the relatively self-deprecating British.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

The vast majority of English refer to Britain as England?Where are they all hiding as I don't think I have met one.I have also never said that I have an English passport.

A lot of the time the media thinks it speaks for the country and in most cases it does not and I find the Aussies I meet very different from some of the media.

I also think there was a lot of respect between the English and Australian players at the cricket not a lot of arrogance around.Sue.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 11:11 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petensue
The vast majority of English refer to Britain as England?Where are they all hiding as I don't think I have met one.I have also never said that I have an English passport.
It is actually very common.

It's also not a big deal however...probably if you are English you don't even give it a second thought. However if you happen to be British but not English it does tend to stick out like a sore thumb when you read it.

As I said, it's not a big deal. I don't consider it a sign of arrogance...maybe there is something subliminal going on?
Old Nov 29th 2010, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
It is actually very common.

It's also not a big deal however...probably if you are English you don't even give it a second thought. However if you happen to be British but not English it does tend to stick out like a sore thumb when you read it.

As I said, it's not a big deal. I don't consider it a sign of arrogance...maybe there is something subliminal going on?
If you are English you don't even give it a second thought!So I am stupid as well as arrogant thenSue.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petensue

A lot of the time the media thinks it speaks for the country and in most cases it does not and I find the Aussies I meet very different from some of the media.

I also think there was a lot of respect between the English and Australian players at the cricket not a lot of arrogance around.Sue.
I saw someone being interviewed on the TV the other day with reference to compensation for those affected by atomic testing in the 1950s. He seemed on the ball to me until he said..............."Russia has a compensation package, China does, America does, France has, but England doesn't."

No, it wouldn't I thought, considering it hasn't existed as a sovereign state for 303 years.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Seneca21
I saw someone being interviewed on the TV the other day with reference to compensation for those affected by atomic testing in the 1950s. He seemed on the ball to me until he said..............."Russia has a compensation package, China does, America does, France has, but England doesn't."

No, it wouldn't I thought, considering it hasn't existed as a sovereign state for 303 years.
That is very true.I have also seen England blamed for things when it should have been Britain.Sue.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

tartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant future

I have also seen English media blame the 'British' for things that England and English people have done. Swings and roundabouts...
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:54 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tartantopgun
I have also seen English media blame the 'British' for things that England and English people have done. Swings and roundabouts...
Such as ....

"British forces smash rebellious Scots at Culloden"
The Times, April 16, 1746

Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:57 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Such as ....

Shame on you, being Irish and all.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:58 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Such as ....

And at least a quarter of the 'British' forces were Scottish!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.