Arrogant Poms

Old Nov 30th 2010, 10:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arrogant Poms

Originally Posted by dazmurray
Very true we would do anything for Scotland, a lot of Scots still live there though. Suppose you just have to ask the question though, why do so many leave?

Honestly I'm not anti english I just detest hearing someone say, xyz is english all the time. ie the British chip shop in Brisbane. It says British chip shop on the sign so why do the poms insist it is english???
By the time you've hung around this forum a bit longer you'll known that a lot of people wouldn't call it English, they'd call it whatever it says on the sign - although if its run by someone English then it might be referred to as English for that reason? And to be honest, does it really matter as long as the food is good!
Old Nov 30th 2010, 11:35 am
Banned

dazmurray is just really nicedazmurray is just really nicedazmurray is just really nicedazmurray is just really nicedazmurray is just really nicedazmurray is just really nicedazmurray is just really nicedazmurray is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
By the time you've hung around this forum a bit longer you'll known that a lot of people wouldn't call it English, they'd call it whatever it says on the sign - although if its run by someone English then it might be referred to as English for that reason? And to be honest, does it really matter as long as the food is good!

BRILLIANT!! So good to hear that!!
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:43 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mick1935
In working at the Cavern (1960 till 1964 Thur, Jazz night, Fri. free for all, and could be Sat.) I remember a lone Irish male voice, on the edge of the crowd "Is this a free foight? or what" Scousers knew they were special, didn't need to act arrogant!
I hope this isn't an anti-Scouse comment.

Last edited by Beedubya; Nov 30th 2010 at 12:49 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:50 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
We don't want anti-anyine comments round here today.......its sweetness and light week! (uness we are talking about the Aussie cricket team )
Old Nov 30th 2010, 1:23 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
I love scousers - great bunch of people!
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I love scousers - great bunch of people!
What do you call a Scouser with a straight nose? A visitor, or in Court, with a suit? The defendant! Antiscouse? Not me, I is one.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
There is an old, old, saying about the Scots.. that they will do anything for Scotland, except live there.

School's out for the day is it?
It is not as if other English Brits don't emmigrate now, is it?

:http://www.wikilaw3k.org/forum/Immig...ate-376241.htm
Old Nov 30th 2010, 4:25 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CelticRover
It is not as if other English Brits don't emmigrate now, is it?

:http://www.wikilaw3k.org/forum/Immig...ate-376241.htm
Regions with significant populations
Scotland 4,459,071 (2001)

United States 9,365,490
Canada 4,719,850
Australia 1,501,204
England 795,000
Argentina 100,000
Chile 80,000
New Zealand 12,792

So more Scots in the USA or Canada than Scotland itself.

I rest my case.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Regions with significant populations
Scotland 4,459,071 (2001)

United States 9,365,490
Canada 4,719,850
Australia 1,501,204
England 795,000
Argentina 100,000
Chile 80,000
New Zealand 12,792

So more Scots in the USA or Canada than Scotland itself

I rest my case.
...of Scottish descent perhaps.

Was the US really the "promised land" for them?

Definately. Most of the Scots who came to America turned out to be far more successful than they would have if they stayed at home. At the worst, they were no worse off than they would have been had they not immigrated. America is the land of opportunity, Britain was a land of privilege, status and class-systems that were carved in stone.

What is the status of the Scots in the US today?

The Scots in America today are your typical Americans. They are the hard working, materialists who generally try to conform to the Norman Rockwell image of America. They are the backbone of the American economy and political system, the very foundation upon which America was built. If it were not for the Scots, America would probably still be a British colony.

http://www.siliconglen.com/Scotland/11_24.html
Old Nov 30th 2010, 4:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by CelticRover
...of Scottish descent perhaps.

If it were not for the Scots, America would probably still be a British colony.

What's the word I'm looking for.... ahh, yes, there it is.

Bollocks !

Old Nov 30th 2010, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bollocks !

Nevertheless.

http://reason.com/archives/2005/07/0...ng-scots-irish

If fighting that lot wasn't rough enough, this lot fought on the same side with them against the British.

Both the Scots-Irish and the Irish immigrants, both seeking historical payback against the British, fought with a vengence in the American Revolutionary War.

http://www.irishemigrant.com/ie/go.a...y&storyID=4955

Last edited by CelticRover; Nov 30th 2010 at 5:42 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 9:39 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Bollocks !

Racist
Old Nov 30th 2010, 9:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Racist
Against who? The Bolls?
Old Nov 30th 2010, 10:16 pm
Home and Happy

Against who? The Bolls?
Poor persecuted things!
Old Dec 1st 2010, 3:00 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Against who? The Bolls?
I think BBs on about The Ocks.
Personally I can't stand them.
Ocks don't want to work and they all stink and if that makes me a racist then so be it.
Send em all back!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.