Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Arriving next Monday = terrified!

Arriving next Monday = terrified!

Old Jun 20th 2007, 12:46 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Arriving next Monday = terrified!

I land at 11am, head to the hotel, drop off my suitcase, pick up my keys to the flat, arrive at the flat, panic, calm myself down, plan to try and visualise the emptiness as what will be my future home, pull myself together, tell myself I can handle it, go and buy a kettle, a cup, some coffee, cleaning materials, come back to the flat, drop it off, go back to the hotel, crash, wake up the next day, move back to the flat, and await for delivery of bed, sofa and a fridge. I am absolutely petrified. This is the first time I have moved somewhere by myself, completely left to my own devices. Having been in a relationship for 15 years, and not having him to help make decisions and share the stress this time, I think the biggest concern I have is, can I trust myself to be able to make the right decisions and get on with my life ok without him being there. Has anyone else made the move on their own, and felt as scared as I do now?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:06 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arriving next Monday = terrified!

Not made the move on my own - but I can't help thinking that the upsides to moving on your tod are pretty good too. You can please yourself where you live, the type of house or apartment you move into, where you eat, what you do on your days off ... I'm jealous.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Not made the move on my own - but I can't help thinking that the upsides to moving on your tod are pretty good too. You can please yourself where you live, the type of house or apartment you move into, where you eat, what you do on your days off ... I'm jealous.

Absolutely.

You're going to be just fine, and we're always here if you need a helping hand
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:38 am
C&R

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Absolutely.

You're going to be just fine, and we're always here if you need a helping hand
Cheers you two!
I am experiencing every single emotion under the sun these days! Guess everyone goes through the same, alone or not.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:46 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by C&R
Cheers you two!
I am experiencing every single emotion under the sun these days! Guess everyone goes through the same, alone or not.
very true, just have faith in yourself
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:49 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by C&R
I land at 11am, head to the hotel, drop off my suitcase, pick up my keys to the flat, arrive at the flat, panic, calm myself down, plan to try and visualise the emptiness as what will be my future home, pull myself together, tell myself I can handle it, go and buy a kettle, a cup, some coffee, cleaning materials, come back to the flat, drop it off, go back to the hotel, crash, wake up the next day, move back to the flat, and await for delivery of bed, sofa and a fridge. I am absolutely petrified. This is the first time I have moved somewhere by myself, completely left to my own devices. Having been in a relationship for 15 years, and not having him to help make decisions and share the stress this time, I think the biggest concern I have is, can I trust myself to be able to make the right decisions and get on with my life ok without him being there. Has anyone else made the move on their own, and felt as scared as I do now?
Not had the same experience, but just want to say you are a credit to yourself and i hope you have a fantastic new life...all the best..and chill
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:08 am
C&R

Originally Posted by gedge
very true, just have faith in yourself
Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Not had the same experience, but just want to say you are a credit to yourself and i hope you have a fantastic new life...all the best..and chill
Thanks guys
Old Jun 20th 2007, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C&R
You're bound to be nervy but try not to panic, you'll be find and dandy.
I moved back out here on my own, I knew the ropes as it were having lived here b4 but still had to do all the home/work etc stuff in a brand new area knowing no one, same as you after having been in a long term relationship.
Just do stuff, explore the area, maybe go to a class doing something you've always wanted to. Treat yourself!
Please yourself while you're on your tod and enjoy.
Its an adventure - dont worry, you will be absoloutely fine!!!!!!!
Byeee n good luck
T
xxx
Old Jun 20th 2007, 4:40 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C&R
, and not having him to help make decisions and share the stress this time,
Have some confidence in yourself, youll be fine. As for the stress and making decisions: The only stress youll have is stress you allow entry into your life and any decisions you make will be your own with no-one else to critisise you if a decision turns out to be a wrong one.
Decisions in my book dont lead to disasters, they lead to a learning experience.
Good luck, enjoy your own company for a while, settle into a new routine and find some friends...........
Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:01 am
C&R

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
You're bound to be nervy but try not to panic, you'll be find and dandy.
I moved back out here on my own, I knew the ropes as it were having lived here b4 but still had to do all the home/work etc stuff in a brand new area knowing no one, same as you after having been in a long term relationship.
Just do stuff, explore the area, maybe go to a class doing something you've always wanted to. Treat yourself!
Please yourself while you're on your tod and enjoy.
Its an adventure - dont worry, you will be absoloutely fine!!!!!!!
Byeee n good luck
T
xxx
Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Have some confidence in yourself, youll be fine. As for the stress and making decisions: The only stress youll have is stress you allow entry into your life and any decisions you make will be your own with no-one else to critisise you if a decision turns out to be a wrong one.
Decisions in my book dont lead to disasters, they lead to a learning experience.
Good luck, enjoy your own company for a while, settle into a new routine and find some friends...........
Thanks alot.