Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Arrival Package - Adelaide

Arrival Package - Adelaide

Old Sep 10th 2011, 4:56 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Arrival Package - Adelaide

Just wondered if anyone had got the Adelaide Bound Migrants Package from here and if it was worth it?

http://www.adelaidebound.com/relocations.html
Old Sep 11th 2011, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arrival Package - Adelaide

I don't know anything about them, but was going to say Adelaide its a really easy place to get around even if you never been there, when we did our reccie there over 5 years ago we stayed in caravan shore rent a cabin there & also hired a car from the airport after couple days. The place is central to the city & back to the sea it's part of Big 4 holiday park, it's nothing like any caravan park you've ever been to, it has loads of stuff for kids to do there not far from Glenelg & everything that company offers you can do it yourselves & most people in SA help you out if you ever get stuck, loved that place but the job market wasn't good for us.xx
Old Sep 11th 2011, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
Just wondered if anyone had got the Adelaide Bound Migrants Package from here and if it was worth it?

http://www.adelaidebound.com/relocations.html
I've never heard of them either. I agree with Fari, it's a really easy place to get around.

And if you need any help with anything, just let me know and I'll point you in the right direction
Old Sep 11th 2011, 8:04 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
I don't know anything about them, but was going to say Adelaide its a really easy place to get around even if you never been there, when we did our reccie there over 5 years ago we stayed in caravan shore rent a cabin there & also hired a car from the airport after couple days. The place is central to the city & back to the sea it's part of Big 4 holiday park, it's nothing like any caravan park you've ever been to, it has loads of stuff for kids to do there not far from Glenelg & everything that company offers you can do it yourselves & most people in SA help you out if you ever get stuck, loved that place but the job market wasn't good for us.xx
Thanks for that. That's why I was wondering because the website is quite comprehensive, so I was wondering what could possibly be in the package that isn't on the website.

We have booked a cabin in a Caravan Park in Mount Barker for our recce as the Hills is where we would like to be hopefully. We will already have a hire car as we are driving from Sydney.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 8:05 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

Originally Posted by Wendy
I've never heard of them either. I agree with Fari, it's a really easy place to get around.

And if you need any help with anything, just let me know and I'll point you in the right direction
Thanks Wendy. Will PM you nearer the time to arrange for that coffee
Old Sep 11th 2011, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that. That's why I was wondering because the website is quite comprehensive, so I was wondering what could possibly be in the package that isn't on the website.

We have booked a cabin in a Caravan Park in Mount Barker for our recce as the Hills is where we would like to be hopefully. We will already have a hire car as we are driving from Sydney.
Just one thing it'll be long drive hon, don't look at the map everything seems very close but it really isn't & plus if you push with driving you might end up middle of nowhere & no place to keep for the night.
Better fly to Adelaide & hire car from there if your time is short, as the jet lag you get is nasty.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Wendy. Will PM you nearer the time to arrange for that coffee
No problem, look forward to it
Old Sep 11th 2011, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Just one thing it'll be long drive hon, don't look at the map everything seems very close but it really isn't & plus if you push with driving you might end up middle of nowhere & no place to keep for the night.
Better fly to Adelaide & hire car from there if your time is short, as the jet lag you get is nasty.
Agree, friends recently went from Sydney to SA (not as far as Adelaide), 15 hours driving each way (and knowing them I doubt they were driving under the speed limit)
Old Sep 11th 2011, 10:20 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

Originally Posted by spottydog
Agree, friends recently went from Sydney to SA (not as far as Adelaide), 15 hours driving each way (and knowing them I doubt they were driving under the speed limit)
Oh, we're not driving straight away We are staying with rellies in Sydney for a few days, then taking 2-3 (2 night stop overs) days to do the Great Ocean Road, a week in Adelaide, then another couple of days cross country back to Sydney for a few more days with the rellies. Can't wait 159 days to go
Old Sep 11th 2011, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spottydog
We got in the middle nowhere in NSW we are the only car on the road so speed it up.
Then the officer said asked the oh why were you speeding?
OH said my wife needs to go to the toilet but she doesn't like the one's on the side road. charming man he is, he speeds & I get the blame for it.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh, we're not driving straight away We are staying with rellies in Sydney for a few days, then taking 2-3 (2 night stop overs) days to do the Great Ocean Road, a week in Adelaide, then another couple of days cross country back to Sydney for a few more days with the rellies. Can't wait 159 days to go
Is that mean you are coming over during Xmas time.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 12:41 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

Is that mean you are coming over during Xmas time.
No, Xmas is 105 sleeps
Old Sep 11th 2011, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

No, Xmas is 105 sleeps
It just shows I'm not counting the days.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 1:37 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

It just shows I'm not counting the days.
Nor do I. I have an App