British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Arrival Package - Adelaide (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/arrival-package-adelaide-731836/)

rasen78 Sep 10th 2011 4:56 pm

Arrival Package - Adelaide

Just wondered if anyone had got the Adelaide Bound Migrants Package from here and if it was worth it?

http://www.adelaidebound.com/relocations.html

chris and farideh Sep 11th 2011 7:54 am

Re: Arrival Package - Adelaide

I don't know anything about them, but was going to say Adelaide its a really easy place to get around even if you never been there, when we did our reccie there over 5 years ago we stayed in caravan shore rent a cabin there & also hired a car from the airport after couple days. The place is central to the city & back to the sea it's part of Big 4 holiday park, it's nothing like any caravan park you've ever been to, it has loads of stuff for kids to do there not far from Glenelg & everything that company offers you can do it yourselves & most people in SA help you out if you ever get stuck, loved that place but the job market wasn't good for us.xx

Wendy Sep 11th 2011 7:59 am

Originally Posted by rasen78 (Post 9612361)
Just wondered if anyone had got the Adelaide Bound Migrants Package from here and if it was worth it?

http://www.adelaidebound.com/relocations.html

I've never heard of them either. I agree with Fari, it's a really easy place to get around.

And if you need any help with anything, just let me know and I'll point you in the right direction :)

rasen78 Sep 11th 2011 8:04 am

Originally Posted by chris and farideh (Post 9613345)
I don't know anything about them, but was going to say Adelaide its a really easy place to get around even if you never been there, when we did our reccie there over 5 years ago we stayed in caravan shore rent a cabin there & also hired a car from the airport after couple days. The place is central to the city & back to the sea it's part of Big 4 holiday park, it's nothing like any caravan park you've ever been to, it has loads of stuff for kids to do there not far from Glenelg & everything that company offers you can do it yourselves & most people in SA help you out if you ever get stuck, loved that place but the job market wasn't good for us.xx

Thanks for that. That's why I was wondering because the website is quite comprehensive, so I was wondering what could possibly be in the package that isn't on the website.

We have booked a cabin in a Caravan Park in Mount Barker for our recce as the Hills is where we would like to be hopefully. We will already have a hire car as we are driving from Sydney.

rasen78 Sep 11th 2011 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 9613352)
I've never heard of them either. I agree with Fari, it's a really easy place to get around.

And if you need any help with anything, just let me know and I'll point you in the right direction :)

Thanks Wendy. Will PM you nearer the time to arrange for that coffee;):wub:

chris and farideh Sep 11th 2011 8:36 am

Originally Posted by rasen78 (Post 9613367)
Thanks for that. That's why I was wondering because the website is quite comprehensive, so I was wondering what could possibly be in the package that isn't on the website.

We have booked a cabin in a Caravan Park in Mount Barker for our recce as the Hills is where we would like to be hopefully. We will already have a hire car as we are driving from Sydney.

Just one thing it'll be long drive hon, don't look at the map everything seems very close but it really isn't & plus if you push with driving you might end up middle of nowhere & no place to keep for the night.
Better fly to Adelaide & hire car from there if your time is short, as the jet lag you get is nasty.

Wendy Sep 11th 2011 8:52 am

Originally Posted by rasen78 (Post 9613368)
Thanks Wendy. Will PM you nearer the time to arrange for that coffee;):wub:

No problem, look forward to it :)

spottydog Sep 11th 2011 9:49 am

Originally Posted by chris and farideh (Post 9613415)
Just one thing it'll be long drive hon, don't look at the map everything seems very close but it really isn't & plus if you push with driving you might end up middle of nowhere & no place to keep for the night.
Better fly to Adelaide & hire car from there if your time is short, as the jet lag you get is nasty.

Agree, friends recently went from Sydney to SA (not as far as Adelaide), 15 hours driving each way (and knowing them I doubt they were driving under the speed limit)

rasen78 Sep 11th 2011 10:20 am

Originally Posted by chris and farideh (Post 9613415)

Originally Posted by spottydog (Post 9613560)
Agree, friends recently went from Sydney to SA (not as far as Adelaide), 15 hours driving each way (and knowing them I doubt they were driving under the speed limit)

Oh, we're not driving straight away:D We are staying with rellies in Sydney for a few days, then taking 2-3 (2 night stop overs) days to do the Great Ocean Road, a week in Adelaide, then another couple of days cross country back to Sydney for a few more days with the rellies.:thumbsup: Can't wait 159 days to go:thumbsup:

chris and farideh Sep 11th 2011 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by spottydog (Post 9613560)

We got in the middle nowhere in NSW we are the only car on the road so speed it up.:eek:
Then the officer said asked the oh why were you speeding?
OH said my wife needs to go to the toilet but she doesn't like the one's on the side road.:eek: charming man he is, he speeds & I get the blame for it.:sneaky:

chris and farideh Sep 11th 2011 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by rasen78 (Post 9613583)
Oh, we're not driving straight away:D We are staying with rellies in Sydney for a few days, then taking 2-3 (2 night stop overs) days to do the Great Ocean Road, a week in Adelaide, then another couple of days cross country back to Sydney for a few more days with the rellies.:thumbsup: Can't wait 159 days to go:thumbsup:

Is that mean you are coming over during Xmas time.;)

rasen78 Sep 11th 2011 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by chris and farideh (Post 9613731)
Is that mean you are coming over during Xmas time.;)

No, Xmas is 105 sleeps;)

chris and farideh Sep 11th 2011 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by rasen78 (Post 9613738)
No, Xmas is 105 sleeps;)

It just shows I'm not counting the days.:p

rasen78 Sep 11th 2011 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by chris and farideh (Post 9613794)
It just shows I'm not counting the days.:p

Nor do I. I have an App:p