Wikiposts

Arctic Monkeys

Old Feb 10th 2006, 6:32 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arctic Monkeys

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Yeah the surges can be lethal. The Leadmill gig we was getting shoved all over the place but that's all part of the fun, as long as you don't fall to the floor and get trampled on ... :scared:

Fingers crossed the Cambridge gig will be good, but to be honest I'd be shocked if it wasn't from the little I've seen of them.

Dunno if we'll stay for Mossiman whatever they're called tho ?!
Maximo Park are good and worth seeing but to be honest they should be on before the Monkeys - bit of an anticlimax after the lively gig the Monkeys put on.
Old Feb 10th 2006, 7:16 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Clippies
Maximo Park are good and worth seeing but to be honest they should be on before the Monkeys - bit of an anticlimax after the lively gig the Monkeys put on.
At the Leadmill gig we see the band that came on 3rd (Monkeys played last there, and will at the Sheffield gig but 3rd everywhere else! ... ). Tall bloke who waved his arm about quite abit and a mad bass player, but to be honest I don't know who they was, but was from this tour.

yeah I'm sure when it was all planned the Monkeys 3rd on the bill fit, but not now! ... and I'd feel sorry for anyone who followed them as I have visions of the place emptying once the Monkeys finish.

We'll hang about I reckon, but if it's that mad bass player jumping about and his mate waving his arm about, I can see us leaving ...lol
Old Feb 10th 2006, 9:22 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Just posted this link somewhere else on here so it makes sense to post it here too!

http://media.putfile.com/AM-BL

Old Feb 10th 2006, 10:58 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Just posted this link somewhere else on here so it makes sense to post it here too!

http://media.putfile.com/AM-BL

Class I love the live lounge
Old Feb 12th 2006, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

Well the gig at Cambridge tonight was tops!

No Mardy Bum and no Ritz to the Rubble ... ... they did both at Sheffield, but we WAS told they did a few more than the rest of the tour will get cos it was the warm up and after all Sheffield.

Flying Saucers (or whatever they was called) was a bit crap, We Are Scientists wasn't that bad, and we left half way through Maximo park. As you said they ARE a bit of an anti climax after the Monkeys, wasn't right that running order, no way!

Anyway, 10 mins before they came on we was about 10' from the stage and once they hit the first note of the guitar it was all over! ...lol. I'm really not as young as I used to be and after 2 tracks I had a stitch and had to retreat for a bit. I left my nephew to keep and eye on my daughter who after all is only 15, but he's a good reliable bloke ...

Had me breather and worked my way back into the pit and done myself some more damage for tomorrow, I am soooo gonna regret it ...lol, but ahhhh, it WAS worth it! ...

Too much jumping about to get many pictures, but I always try:

Old Feb 12th 2006, 6:28 pm

Lol, you did well to take any pictures at all! I was gutted they didn't do Mardy Bum at Birmingham either - that's such an ace song.

We didn't see Mystery Jets so I've no idea what they're like - We Are Scientists have got their own tour and I think it's sold out! Yeah Maximo Park should defo play before the Monkeys - I imagine they must feel a bit uncomfortable playing after them, bit embarrassing when people leave!

Lol the pit can be a bit of a crusher at these gigs - our two mates who are usually right up the front refused to go this time, they stayed just in front of the sound desks - said now they're in their late 30's they're too old

Glad you had a good night - best get yourself a radox bath and soothe those aching muscles
Old Feb 12th 2006, 10:53 pm
‹(•¿•)›

Superstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond repute

Nice job with the pictures there mate...I would love to of been in that pit moshing away with the kids.
I tried picking up the album this week but it had sold out in all 3 record shops I tried in the CBD..Mind you they only had a few copies each they reckon..I will get it this weekend.
What are they like live> I have heard some live stuff off the interweb but what was the show like and how long a set did they play?
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:07 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Thought this might be of interest to some of you
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hutch
Thought this might be of interest to some of you
With us hoping to head for the Gold Coast soon, this is TOP news! ...

Karma sent ...

Cheers