APEC in Fort Sydney

Old Sep 7th 2007, 4:47 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: APEC in Fort Sydney

That made me laugh, I think they should get an award for that

Originally Posted by esperanza
And yet the Chasers boys just drove on through two security checkpoints, with one of them dressed as Osama!!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:22 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
That made me laugh, I think they should get an award for that
Who says Aussie TV is crap, Chasers is quite funny
I see 11 have been bailed now, looks like the whole production crew
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:32 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cresta57
They only got arrested when they voluntarily turned around too.

The police spokesman on the radio said this morning "I am not angry ..." and it was said in the angriest voice you can imagine
Old Sep 7th 2007, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

My son and I caught the news last night and roared with laughter at those `terrorists` but as we are new to Oz had not heard of the Chasers.Only found out about them this morning from friends. A similar stunt was pulled at Prince Williams 21st! We`ll look out for the Chasers now which presumably is why it was done-for publicity.
The stunt certainly made a mockery of all this highly publicized security.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 10:54 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

What law did they break ? The 1982 "making cops look like nobs" act ?

Originally Posted by cresta57
Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:06 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
What law did they break ? The 1982 "making cops look like nobs" act ?
Brand new APEC laws past just days ago by all accounts
Old Sep 7th 2007, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilgar
We`ll look out for the Chasers now which presumably is why it was done-for publicity.
Yep indeedy, although this is par for the course with Chasers. They can be very funny - they show absolutely no respect for 'the rules', which is very amusing at times. Nobody is out of their reach! Wednesdays at 9, I believe.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Smile Re: APEC in Fort Sydney

Weds at 9 I`ll let my son stay up for that.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Question Re: APEC in Fort Sydney

Has anyone been into CBD today?Anything interesting to report?
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

From what I heard loads of people stayed home and didn't even bother trying to get to work. Flaming fiasco.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

We drove into CBD this afternoon.Streets at North Sydney eerily empty,the bridge almost empty,helicopters circling,harbour area sparsley populated with police outnumbering members of public by far.It was great driving with so few people on the road.Couldn`t park anywhere so having circled a couple of times gave up and carried on to our destination.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

A few weeks ago we investigated going diving this weekend (without realising it was APEC in Sydney) and were told that everything in the area (Port Stephens) has been booked up for ages by people getting out of the city.
Maybe we should have gone down to Sydney!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Esperanza,you should have.It was great being able to drive freely with no traffic today.Slightly eerie too.