Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone from India who are already in Australia on PR ??

Anyone from India who are already in Australia on PR ??

Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:14 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone from India who are already in Australia on PR ??

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The Canadian forum is aimed at people moving to Canada, not those moving from Canada to Australia?
Damn! Posted the same thing at the same time. We even bolded the same word.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Canada has it's own board, the Scot's have their's as well, it's known as the Barbie.

I only suggested the idea because the Immigration board is flooded with Indian posters and thought it might be better if they could discuss what is, after all, a complicated process in their own language.... rather than murdering mine on a regular basis.

Seriously though, the influx of Indian posters is changing the very nature of the immigration board at the moment from what I can see of it. They seem to outnumber Brits and surely that needs to be considered?

Why not just run a poll on the Immigration board to see if they would like a sub-board where you are not required to write in English?
Set up your own forum specially for them if you are so concerned about them?
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:15 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

.... rather than murdering mine on a regular basis.
You'd have to apply that to all.....like those Brits who are 'emergrating' or write in SMS or average 500 words per sentence!
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:16 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Damn! Posted the same thing at the same time. We even bolded the same word.
Great minds thinking alike?
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:17 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Great minds thinking alike?
My dad would have said fools seldom differ.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Set up your own forum specially for them if you are so concerned about them?
That's the point, if you allow users to create their own sub forums then the popular ones will flourish and the others will wither, sounds like democracy to me.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

I think we are unncessarily dragging this topic. OP's purpose is already served. I think Mods are thinking in correct way, they can't take a drastic step of creating a regional forum just because few people have problem. Most people here love to mingle with other nationalities and read/discuss their views/ideas/problems.

So lets continue this journey
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:22 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by freebo
That's the point, if you allow users to create their own sub forums then the popular ones will flourish and the others will wither, sounds like democracy to me.
Personally, I don't care. I don't speak an Indian languages and know nothing about their culture so wouldn't be moderating it. I can only operate from a viewpoint as a British Expat. Come to that, I'm not sure who would moderate it.......
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:22 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bcworld
You'd have to apply that to all.....like those Brits who are 'emergrating' or write in SMS or average 500 words per sentence!
Yeah, I know what you mean.
Perhaps a bigger spell check button, in flashing reverse video, could solve a lot of that though.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

To the OP - please visit http://www.indiaoz.com.au/ to get the information you want.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

I still don't get it.

Why would regional sub-forums be a bad thing? Bring it on I say...

And to those who say "do it yourself",will you commit to allowing IndianExpats to advertise on this board? If so I guess you'll have a few takers.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 9:11 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Yes and it's expanded to include anyone who wants to join and who are moving from wherever to wherever but as I've said before it could become frangmented and where do you draw the line? Scots going somewhere, Irish, Finnish, Chinese? I don't see why you would join a club (BE) understand how it works and then ask for the rules to be changed. It's like moving to a country and then complaining they don't sell your favourite chips........... oh hang on
Hang on a second, it doesn't say "English Expats" up there ^^^^
Old Oct 11th 2009, 9:13 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

. Come to that, I'm not sure who would moderate it.......
Well it's obvious who'd moderate it. A night shift worker from an indian call centre of course.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 11:55 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by freebo
I still don't get it.

Why would regional sub-forums be a bad thing? Bring it on I say...

And to those who say "do it yourself",will you commit to allowing IndianExpats to advertise on this board? If so I guess you'll have a few takers.
It's not up to those of us who say "do it yourself" to commit to allowing any other site to advertise here. It's up to the site owners, who are based in California. Perhaps if you are so keen on setting up regional sub-forums you could take it up with site admin.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice

Why not just run a poll on the Immigration board to see if they would like a sub-board where you are not required to write in English?
India has many languages and English is actually often used as a lingua franca in India itself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.