Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anybody watch the new Channel 7 show Packed to the Rafters last night

Wikiposts

Anybody watch the new Channel 7 show Packed to the Rafters last night

Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:18 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody watch the new Channel 7 show Packed to the Rafters last night

Originally Posted by bridie
anyone know what happened to Freezing? Hollowmen was shown in its slot last night........ I'm sure there have only been three episodes.....
Anyone know what happened to the programme about the woman who had an affair and they moved to Oz and the bloke slept with her sister? Can't remember the name of the programme or the actor (think it was the bloke from Soldier Soldier) Only saw one episode and then it disappeared
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all
Default Re: Anybody watch the new Channel 7 show Packed to the Rafters last night

Originally Posted by rabsody
Addicted to 'The Hollowmen' on Wednesday nights. It's my favourite Australian show ever (well, that and Q&A on Thursday nights).
God, I just love Q&A. Bizarre, as I never really enjoyed Question Time in the UK.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Anyone know what happened to the programme about the woman who had an affair and they moved to Oz and the bloke slept with her sister? Can't remember the name of the programme or the actor (think it was the bloke from Soldier Soldier) Only saw one episode and then it disappeared
It disappeared.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Kind of goes with the turf though doesn't it - I mean when did you ever meet an unassuming architect? They're a bit like wine critics in many ways - they talk in the same meaningless metaphors. But I like Kevin - he's become less of a wanker over the years that show's been running. If you want a laugh, go back and watch an episode of the original season!
Metaphor is never meaningless!

Kevin's grand, its the pillocks building the houses who get on my goat. What sort of self-publicising narcisist do you have to be to put yourself up for a show like that? I'll answer my own question thank you; a self-publicising narcisist that's what.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

i'll never forget the one with the bloke who had a house with a "wing" on the top, then he broke a bone and it all went completely tits up.

never could understand why he'd want to live in a panty pad anyway
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spartacus
Metaphor is never meaningless!

Kevin's grand, its the pillocks building the houses who get on my goat. What sort of self-publicising narcisist do you have to be to put yourself up for a show like that? I'll answer my own question thank you; a self-publicising narcisist that's what.
I often wondered for teh poorer ones, if they got paid to be on tele and they used some of the money to fund the project or get free advice?

I get really hacked off with those that have oodles of money to spare and spend £1000's on a tap and 'spout' on about 'Its all in the detail'. Nah, mate you just showing off because you can!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:31 pm
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Anybody watch the new Channel 7 show Packed to the Rafters last night

Nightnurse2 i never seen that 1 i bet that would have been interesting lol and as for hollowmen? and Q&A Im really missing lots of good tv i must stop doing so much house work or watch and work lol
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Cheshire Karen
I often wondered for teh poorer ones, if they got paid to be on tele and they used some of the money to fund the project or get free advice?

I get really hacked off with those that have oodles of money to spare and spend £1000's on a tap and 'spout' on about 'Its all in the detail'. Nah, mate you just showing off because you can!
Not sure about the money issue. My wife worked for one of the interior designers who used to get on 'Carrol Vauderman's Better Homes' and on that show, no payments were made to the houseowners, but they did get all the gear FOR FREE!

Agree about the rest. Anybody who seeks a designed solution to a utilitarian problem (taps, vacuums, toilet seats, pedal bins, lemon juicers etc etc) wants a clip.