Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anybody ever been hypnotised?

Anybody ever been hypnotised?

Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:26 pm
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice
Default Re: Anybody ever been hypnotised?

Hi Rabsody
so you had no joy at all with hypnosis, did you test your fear of public speaking after your hypnosis? this is an important part of the process. If you find yourself on the sunshine coast and really want to rid yourself of this i can help you.
Ange x
Old Nov 27th 2007, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Whitby Wanderers
Hi Rabsody
so you had no joy at all with hypnosis, did you test your fear of public speaking after your hypnosis? this is an important part of the process. If you find yourself on the sunshine coast and really want to rid yourself of this i can help you.
Ange x
Yes, I have tested it on numerous occasions, have done public speaking courses, toastmasters, am now at uni so have to force myself to speak out in lessons etc .... still, nothing has changed despite all the various strategies with hypnosis, EFT, CBT etc.

I'm in Bris, so a bit far to go to get the hypnosis, but thanks anyway. Is there anyone down here you could recommend?

Faye x
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:44 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley
I was hypnotised once. Yeah... I needed treatment for excessive handsomeness. Doctor thought I might benefit from thinking I was ugly for a bit. The thing is; when I got home, my underwear was on inside out. What's that all about? Bizzare!
Originally Posted by rabsody
Yes, I have tested it on numerous occasions, have done public speaking courses, toastmasters, am now at uni so have to force myself to speak out in lessons etc .... still, nothing has changed despite all the various strategies with hypnosis, EFT, CBT etc.

I'm in Bris, so a bit far to go to get the hypnosis, but thanks anyway. Is there anyone down here you could recommend?

Faye x
Where are you at this end? There are a few of us nearer the city. I've been mainly helping friends out since I got here with various phobias etc. inc. my son who did have the horrors of spiders which has now significantly reduced.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Where are you at this end? There are a few of us nearer the city. I've been mainly helping friends out since I got here with various phobias etc. inc. my son who did have the horrors of spiders which has now significantly reduced.
I think you hit the nail on the head with your comment about the over thinkers being resistant to hypnosis. I'm at Kenmore in Western suburbs. I'm kind of in a quandary about whether I go for any further sessions of anything, as I have spent quite a bit of money already with different hypnotherapists etc and very little progress - or whether I just need to accept it always going to be there!
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:52 am

I think you hit the nail on the head with your comment about the over thinkers being resistant to hypnosis. I'm at Kenmore in Western suburbs. I'm kind of in a quandary about whether I go for any further sessions of anything, as I have spent quite a bit of money already with different hypnotherapists etc and very little progress - or whether I just need to accept it always going to be there!
I'm on the Northern side. Even over thinkers break down resistance if they are open to change and that's why multiple sessions are better than one mega hit.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm on the Northern side. Even over thinkers break down resistance if they are open to change and that's why multiple sessions are better than one mega hit.
I've been to see three people in Australia over the past five or so years, and all of them I went three or four times (sessions usually a couple of weeks apart). don't know where I'm going wrong
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:57 am

I've been to see three people in Australia over the past five or so years, and all of them I went three or four times (sessions usually a couple of weeks apart). don't know where I'm going wrong
You're not going wrong, they just haven't tapped into the right part of your subconscious yet. If you think of it like rooms they have been in the wrong ones or not stayed long enough.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

You're not going wrong, they just haven't tapped into the right part of your subconscious yet. If you think of it like rooms they have been in the wrong ones or not stayed long enough.
How much do you charge for a session (cash in hand of course )?
Old Nov 27th 2007, 7:39 am
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice

Hey go for it!
its not you who cant get over the fear it is the therapist who hasnt recognised how you do what you do to make yourself have fear, you sound and appear to be damn good at it
Are you sure you want to be rid of the fear? what does it get you?
If you are 100% sure you want to get over it once and for all then take up Anns offer!
Ange xx
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:25 am

I'll send you a PM and see what we can work out. Will be reasonable though as you've been stung so many times before and I'm in to the benefit for the person not the monetary gains.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:32 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

just wanted to say a public thank you to Spartacus for taking the time to email me.

I followed his instructions and i'm feeling a bit better about the Huntsman, I have a photo cut out next to me on the wall will have to see how I fair seeing the real thing until then I will keep tapping
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:31 am

Haven't forgotten you just trying to work out when is best.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok, thanks. My mum is here at the moment, so after Xmas is probably best for me, if that's ok with you.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 7:50 pm

Ok, thanks. My mum is here at the moment, so after Xmas is probably best for me, if that's ok with you.
That would be good for me to as mine are here till end of January so maybe if we aim for February then?