Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anybody ever been hypnotised?

Anybody ever been hypnotised?

Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody ever been hypnotised?

Originally Posted by spartacus
Hi Glasgowlass

Are you cured?

From your post you suggest you feel better; you’ve had no thoughts of whatever it was that was ailing you. Which I’m glad to hear.

Often, for the type of issues that people seek help with, ‘feeling’ cured and ‘being’ cured are one and the same. I expect you feel different now to how you felt last week, previous to your visit, which is something you may be surprised about. There’s always a tendency for the conscious, logical mind to try and pick at and analyse something it can’t quite get to grips with; dissecting things into smaller and smaller pieces, to no end at all.

So, are you cured?

Andy
Going by what you've just said I think I just might be! Yay!!!
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
Going by what you've just said I think I just might be! Yay!!!
Pleased to hear it.

Its nice to be able to set your mind away on more pleasant thoughts.

Andy
Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by don544
having done a course, the way we use to put people 'under', takes a bit of time, and if the the 'patient' is resistent to suggestion, it does not work!
really don't no how stage hypnotist's 'SEEM' to be able to click their fingers and hypnotize some one.
They are very gifted i guess?

We had to all gaze into a mirror ball apparently ............ and he whispered summat in our ear........... out of about 30 volunteers he chose 10........ the rest were for whatever reason not suitable?

A couple of my workmates were excluded and that's why i know what went on as they told me so. I thought the whole show was a fake until such time as i got put under myself .............. but it really worked.

The Rocking Berries were playing the same gig............. they came over and congratulated me on a job well done........... and i didn't even know I'd done anything. Tom Jones and Big Jim whatever his name was ......... were in the audience too........... just as general public.......... Bermuda residents like us .......... not performers.

Was a top night ................. apparently?
Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobcat
They are very gifted i guess?

We had to all gaze into a mirror ball apparently ............ and he whispered summat in our ear........... out of about 30 volunteers he chose 10........ the rest were for whatever reason not suitable?

A couple of my workmates were excluded and that's why i know what went on as they told me so. I thought the whole show was a fake until such time as i got put under myself .............. but it really worked.

The Rocking Berries were playing the same gig............. they came over and congratulated me on a job well done........... and i didn't even know I'd done anything. Tom Jones and Big Jim whatever his name was ......... were in the audience too........... just as general public.......... Bermuda residents like us .......... not performers.

Was a top night ................. apparently?
Stage hypnotists are very good at ‘reading’ people. Some people respond more readily to direct or indirect suggestion (being told what to do), and they’re able, very quickly, to whittle an initial group of thirty or so participants down to a handful who are open to being hypnotised, suggestible, imaginative and potentially entertaining.

There’s also a lot of ‘unspoken contract / agreement’ stuff going on as well. The initial selection process can be done in lots of different ways ranging from a straightforward “Who wants to be hypnotised?” through to seemingly indirect selections based on frisby / ball throwing. The end result is the same; a group of people who ‘want’ to be hypnotised.

Wanting to be hypnotised isn’t quite enough. Everybody has the ability to be hypnotised, some just take longer than others. The stage hypnotist sorts the ‘wheat from the chaff’ so to speak and ends up with a group of suggestible, imaginative individuals who’ve already indicated their wish to be hypnotised, and so are.

Stage hypnosis is for entertainment only and as such is totally different to clinical hypnosis or hypnotherapy.

Andy
Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

I have been, both by a stage hypnotist and for hypnotherapy

Yes, it did work both times, hypnotherapy was fab
Old Nov 19th 2007, 9:53 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Quack.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

You a duck or are you trying to say something??
Old Nov 19th 2007, 9:58 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

You a duck or are you trying to say something??
The question was has anybody ever been hypnotised.
I replied "Quack"
Now you are supposed to say "That poor lion has been hypnotised and still thinks he's a duck"
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh.. sorry.Bit daft.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:01 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Oh.. sorry.Bit daft.
Quack
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

I started a course in 'hypnobirthing' this week - the idea that i can work with my clients, they get into a hypnotic state and feel no pain in labour. still a bit sceptical at this stage but the relaxation techniques are fantastic.

She tried to hypnotise me at the end of the class but It wouldnt work, or rather I wouldnt 'give myself up' to her, I felt to vulnerable, maybe in time it may work but im not an easy target.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

handbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to all

My family and I were at a holiday camp and one evening they had a stage hypnotist on, as I thought it was a load of rubbish - they told me to prove it and go on stage. I was fighting against being hypnotised all the time - within two minutes I was under!

I can remember everything I did ie: horseriding, milking a cow, thinking every male man with a bald head was gorgeous (and kissing his head), a catwalk model, talking in a martian language as an interpretor - everyone was in hysterics at the last one as the language just flowed out of my mouth. I remember everyone laughing and me thinking it's not funny, what are they laughing at?

When we were brought around, I thought I had been under for 10-15 minutes, it was three hours later and they had just called last orders - I didn't have a drink all night!!!
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

I felt totally at ease with the whole process. In Aus I think (correct me if I'm wrong please) you have to be a registered Psychologist to practice hypnotherapy. This helped with my peace of mind
Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:04 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Quack
Oh the poor duck thinks he's a lion
Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Quack
Always knew you were fuzzy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.