Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ants. Bloody thousands of them, help!!

Ants. Bloody thousands of them, help!!

Old May 15th 2006, 11:33 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ants. Bloody thousands of them, help!!

There's your answer. You need a motley collection of 19th century soldiers. that'll show them.
Old May 15th 2006, 11:34 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
Reminds me of the film with Michael Caine!

"Zulus Sir! Thousands of them!".

We have the occasional ant attack too.
Thank christ they're not zulus, the pantry's just not large enough

I am calm mate, just flabbergasted as to the amount and worried about where on earth the mummy is
Old May 15th 2006, 11:35 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
There's your answer. You need a motley collection of 19th century soldiers. that'll show them.
You are being so helpful tonigh Sean
Old May 15th 2006, 11:37 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
Hevs, your Mum paid us a visit last year when we had a rat in the house. She was very calm.

The rat? Or hev's mum?
Old May 15th 2006, 11:39 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by iPom
The rat? Or hev's mum?
The rat. My Mums not known for her calmness
Old May 15th 2006, 11:39 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

You need that ant bait stuff that they take back to the nest. I find boiling water down the nest works a treat, also the baby powder trick too.

Wouldn't go spraying that Mortein stuff in your pantry. You'll end up eating it too and it's not healthy stuff (as you'll see from the dead ants).
Old May 15th 2006, 11:40 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
Baby powder or fullers earth works well. It kills them instantly it is cheap and safe to use around food, children and pets.
?????? is that right? baby powder? thats funny cos the ant powder I put down last week had about as much effect as I thought baby powder wouldve had!
Old May 15th 2006, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Ant sand. Not the cheap stuff, the more expensive, unfortunately

Last year we had loads in our rental and couldn't get rid.

My mum bought some of the ant sand and I went bonkers cos it was about $6/7 dollars if I remember right. But give credit where it's due, she got rid of em

Failing that, empty a can of treacle in the middle of the kitchen. That'll keep em out of your pantry for a few hours
Old May 15th 2006, 11:43 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by iPom
You need that ant bait stuff that they take back to the nest. I find boiling water down the nest works a treat, also the baby powder trick too.

Wouldn't go spraying that Mortein stuff in your pantry. You'll end up eating it too and it's not healthy stuff (as you'll see from the dead ants).
Thats what i thought.

The problem is with the nest is that i don't know where it is. Its somewhere under my house and i'm not up for crawling around under there, I'm really not :scared:
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Just ignore them apart from that they are proably Argentinian Ants, and are imports , and they have a large nest in the roof of your house, trust me i,ve been there ....................... mm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz

Failing that, empty a can of treacle in the middle of the kitchen. That'll keep em out of your pantry for a few hours
Go and stand in the corner with Sean young lady
Old May 15th 2006, 11:44 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by mr mover
Just ignore them apart from that they are proably Argentinian Ants, and are imports , and they have a large nest in the roof of your house, trust me i,ve been there ....................... mm
Corner. NOW!
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
You are being so helpful tonigh Sean
right then

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know whether the do the same thing in Oz, but I use an Ant Bait Station - last year I had ants coming under the skirting it was driving me insane, I found them coming in through the porch! So I put one of those Ant Bait Stations in the porch - well an hour later I was mortified as there were hundreds of the things all in a line heading to the bait station and back again, I have NEVER seen so many ants I can tell you - I thought I'd made a right cock up with that bait station

They slowed down the next day and then by two days later there wasn't a single one - apparantly they take the bait back to the nest as food and it then kills the ants in the nest. We've just had to do the same at our caravan, we only go weekends so when I got there last Friday there were loads of ants in the kitchen bit hunting for food (there wasn't any) so I nipped out stuck a bait station down and by the next morning they were all gone
Old May 15th 2006, 11:45 pm
small steps long journey

Originally Posted by hevs
Go and stand in the corner with Sean young lady
Well hello there.................

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.