Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Animal Lover ( Aussies and Poms )

Animal Lover ( Aussies and Poms )

Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:44 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal Lover ( Aussies and Poms )

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Keep it indoors and don't tell the slapper.
Shes only about 75m away up the street.
Im interested in anything legal that may be helpful.

See pics I just took 2 minutes ago, he's lovely
Attached Thumbnails Animal Lover ( Aussies and Poms )-p1010046.jpg   Animal Lover ( Aussies and Poms )-p1010047.jpg  
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath

He's lovely & what a wonderful thing you did
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:52 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

He has beautiful markings.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:06 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

He's very cute
Keep him indoors for a few weeks then deny all knowledge if she asks
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:53 pm
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penky
He's very cute
Keep him indoors for a few weeks then deny all knowledge if she asks
We are trying, only letting it out the back garden for a pee.

Going to call the RSPCA for advise. Think if it's not chipped they may just tell me it's fair game. Next is to get it chipped and fixed. He's really very grateful though, follows me around the house and sits right next to my foot with a part of its body touching me.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

We are trying, only letting it out the back garden for a pee.

Going to call the RSPCA for advise. Think if it's not chipped they may just tell me it's fair game. Next is to get it chipped and fixed. He's really very grateful though, follows me around the house and sits right next to my foot with a part of its body touching me.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Luke,

What a pretty little kitten. poor little thing, you can't let that woman have him.:curse:

If I were you, I'd keep him inside for a bit, look after him and if she comes looking, apologise and say you thought he was a stray but you have grown to love him, so you'll give her money 'to buy another kitten'. You know and she knows that she'll spend the money on drugs, but hey, it'll get you off the hook.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:02 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Luke,

What a pretty little kitten. poor little thing, you can't let that woman have him.:curse:

If I were you, I'd keep him inside for a bit, look after him and if she comes looking, apologise and say you thought he was a stray but you have grown to love him, so you'll give her money 'to buy another kitten'. You know and she knows that she'll spend the money on drugs, but hey, it'll get you off the hook.
If RSPCA tells me I could legally keep it Id tell her a few choice words, never offer her money, she needs to be tarred & feathered
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

If RSPCA tells me I could legally keep it Id tell her a few choice words, never offer her money, she needs to be tarred & feathered
I don't know anything about Oz law but I think in the UK that cats are judged to 'chose' their own home unless they are a bought and paid for pedigree. Hopefully the RSPCA will say the same thing.

EDIT - just read Timbers post - obviously Oz law is different

I understand why you don't want to give her money - it was just an idea. However, if it was me, I would just act very innocent - the cat's a stray as far as you are concerned etc etc. Hopefully she'll be so confused she'll just give up. She can't be too bright eh?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:17 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Good Onya Luke.

I think the demoralising thing here, is the fact legally, if she can prove ownership.. and you can prove mistreatment, you could have a battle on your hands..

Good Luck Ste

Oh and a thought:
Get RSPCA involved, and tell them you want to keep the animal, but can they speak to the apparent owner, and find out their views, Im pretty sure, they will take a dim view on her circumstances, and act as arbitrator
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:24 pm
Banned

If I even get a hint from RSPCA that I could keep it I'm going to get it chipped. I believe its a legal requirement and once done theres not much she could do to prove ownership is there really ?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:29 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

If I even get a hint from RSPCA that I could keep it I'm going to get it chipped. I believe its a legal requirement and once done theres not much she could do to prove ownership is there really ?
she may have other siblings, the mother etc

Dicey Area m8
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:08 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
so you'll give her money 'to buy another kitten'.
What - people PAY for cats?????
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:24 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by 232Bar
What - people PAY for cats?????
If you get one from RSPCA you pay about $150 I think, its for the desexing and chipping, cheap at the price
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:52 pm
Banned

Friend of ours found a right feral dog. A staffy, wandering the streets, 2 years ago.

He checked and no collar or tag, and it was late so he took it home.
He went to vets, and kept quiet about the mutt, and said one of his relloes had given it him.

Several visits to vets later, and some good food inside the dog, and a few hundred bucks the lighter. He had what can only be descibed as a lovely loving dog.

A real credit to him, he even trained the dog. A serious pat on his back, it went everywhere with him, and became his bestest mate.

Until... one day we had a huge thunderstorm, he was at work, the dog fretted and removed the fence from its posts and went walkabout.

On his return and quite frantic, he searched for the dog.. and eventually rang the pound. They had the dog, but pointed out its not his dog. In fact he even had the dog registered in his name, but no go !!

They had also scanned the dogs neck for a microchip, and it showed my mate wasnt the original owner, and they had contacted him !

As luck would have it, the old owner came, and agreed if my mate would pay the fees, he would sign the dog over..

So guess it worked out ok in the end, but ... it may not have !

Ste

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.