Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Animal Lover ( Aussies and Poms )

Animal Lover ( Aussies and Poms )

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 12:26 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Animal Lover ( Aussies and Poms )

Further to the recent puppy thread, started bt Chris and Farideh.

I apologise if it seemed, out of taste to actually point out to another member that her comments seemed overly aggressive, and disecting her comments and replying to them separately.

This does not detract from the predicament of the puppy you had spoke about, and indeed doesnt undermine the situation you had witnessed, to be fair, you should in my opinion do something.

What that is , I cannot comment. But fear of approaching said owners of the pup, without as quoted " a shotgun " isnt really condusive to the actual argument, or indeed reflects well on the area that you live in.

I am sure if taken out of context and emotion, the poster alliekate who it appears is a very responsible animal lover, would have or could have given you some objective argument or advice, then perhaps the threads would not have been closed.

We are responsible international dog breeders, and having fell foul of spot inspections by the RSPCA, for so called do-gooders poking their stickies in, we would have and so would the RSPCA have welcomed the originators, approach to us, for we would have welcomed their input, into a situation that they had no knowledge off.

The RSPCA in my view, and local council have very strong powers, as indeed quoted by, Cresta57 not so long ago, at a situation of GBH to a human and the hitting of a pussy cat, the legal system in Australia, would probably act stronger on cruelty to the animal. Which i think is a justified statement.

This does not detract from animal owners responsibilities, and indeed their accountability within the law. In fact such is the registration system for animals in Australia, I personally think its a tighter system than that in the UK.

Aussies and Poms alike, in fact all nationalities here in the greater proportion act responsibly with their pets. However due to the climate, esp. in QLD< then the lifestyle of a pet maybe different to that you would be witness to in the UK. I would even go so far to say, to an untrained eye, it can appear as though pets are neglected.

This in 9 cases out of 10 in my experience is unfounded and a misaligned assumption.

Having sent dogs all over Australia, Uk, and South Africa, and belonging to KCGB and the AKC , and also offering a foster and rehoiming service, I can categorically tell you that we act responsibly and for the benefit heath and well being of the animal, and we are not the exception to the rule...

Many many owners LOVE their pets, just look at the amount of dog groomers, mobile dog washes etc, we are in a society within Australia that are animal lovers, and so making rash comments such as Alliekates ( apology if id is incorrect ) fuels temper and beggers ridicule.

As a animal activist or indeed a animal welfare officer, wherever you are and in whatever country you reside and operate you will see things that really are shocking, but keep some reality on the situation, be not the judge but the jury.

Ste

Apologies to original thread poster edit: Farideh

Last edited by Timber Floor Au; Jan 2nd 2008 at 12:59 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal Lover ( Aussies and Poms )

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Further to the recent puppy thread, started bt Chris and Farideh.

I apologise if it seemed, out of taste to actually point out to another member that her comments seemed overly aggressive, and disecting her comments and replying to them separately.

This does not detract from the predicament of the puppy you had spoke about, and indeed doesnt undermine the situation you had witnessed, to be fair, you should in my opinion do something.

What that is , I cannot comment. But fear of approaching said owners of the pup, without as quoted " a shotgun " isnt really condusive to the actual argument, or indeed reflects well on the area that you live in.

I am sure if taken out of context and emotion, the poster alliekate who it appears is a very responsible animal lover, would have or could have given you some objective argument or advice, then perhaps the threads would not have been closed.

We are responsible international dog breeders, and having fell foul of spot inspections by the RSPCA, for so called do-gooders poking their stickies in, we would have and so would the RSPCA have welcomed the originators, approach to us, for we would have welcomed their input, into a situation that they had no knowledge off.

The RSPCA in my view, and local council have very strong powers, as indeed quoted by, Cresta57 not so long ago, at a situation of GBH to a human and the hitting of a pussy cat, the legal system in Australia, would probably act stronger on cruelty to the animal. Which i think is a justified statement.

This does not detract from animal owners responsibilities, and indeed their accountability within the law. In fact such is the registration system for animals in Australia, I personally think its a tighter system than that in the UK.

Aussies and Poms alike, in fact all nationalities here in the greater proportion act responsibly with their pets. However due to the climate, esp. in QLD< then the lifestyle of a pet maybe different to that you would be witness to in the UK. I would even go so far to say, to an untrained eye, it can appear as though pets are neglected.

This in 9 cases out of 10 in my experience is unfounded and a misaligned assumption.

Having sent dogs all over Australia, Uk, and South Africa, and belonging to KCGB and the AKC , and also offering a foster and rehoiming service, I can categorically tell you that we act responsibly and for the benefit heath and well being of the animal, and we are not the exception to the rule...

Many many owners LOVE their pets, just look at the amount of dog groomers, mobile dog washes etc, we are in a society within Australia that are animal lovers, and so making rash comments such as Alliekates ( apology if id is incorrect ) fuels temper and beggers ridicule.

As a animal activist or indeed a animal welfare officer, wherever you are and in whatever country you reside and operate you will see things that really are shocking, but keep some reality on the situation, be not the judge but the jury.

Ste

Apologies to original thread poster Chris

Dont worry Ste, it is a bit strange for me to see from my balcony into their garden, I'm not being nosey, its just you cant avoid not seeing the little puppy, looking so sad, they dont abuse it or anything, its just left outside, rain or shine, I found it a bit strange, that's all, it feels like leaving your child outside.
What I view might not be out of ordinary here, as I mentioned I use to see it in Adelaide too that the dog use to live outside.
All I really wanted to know was if it was normal practice here, I havent seen the owners ever abusing their puppy at all.
Anyway, Chris doesnt come here that often, he leaves it to his chatty wife to do all the talking, which is me Farideh, the thread was started by me.

Cheers

Farideh
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 12:55 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Dont worry Ste, it is a bit strange for me to see from my balcony into their garden, I'm not being nosey, its just you cant avoid not seeing the little puppy, looking so sad, they dont abuse it or anything, its just left outside, rain or shine, I found it a bit strange, that's all, it feels like leaving your child outside.
What I view might not be out of ordinary here, as I mentioned I use to see it in Adelaide too that the dog use to live outside.
All I really wanted to know was if it was normal practice here, I havent seen the owners ever abusing their puppy at all.
Anyway, Chris doesnt come here that often, he leaves it to his chatty wife to do all the talking, which is me Farideh, the thread was started by me.

Cheers

Farideh
Good onya Farideh.

We all need someone to look out for us from time to time, its a good way !

Just keep your eyes peeled, and perhaps, if you see the neighbour, then say WHAT A GORGEOUS PUPPY, you must be so proud.

You probs will find they realise they are on show, and will act more positively knowing others respect their choice.

A kind of a semi-on-purpose-boost

Ste
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

I've seen dogs left outside in London too. My flat used to look down into someone's back yard where they had a fenced off area close to the house where the dogs were kept. A tiny little area with two medium sized dogs who had to walk about in their own poo. Several other people I knew wouldn't let the dogs on their house but I dont think they were left in squalor like these two. I don't understand people having dogs if they dont want them inside as part of the family
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 1:00 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Eastend Girl
I've seen dogs left outside in London too. My flat used to look down into someone's back yard where they had a fenced off area close to the house where the dogs were kept. A tiny little area with two medium sized dogs who had to walk about in their own poo. Several other people I knew wouldn't let the dogs on their house but I dont think they were left in squalor like these two. I don't understand people having dogs if they dont want them inside as part of the family
lol you wouldnt want my mutts in your house, trust me.

I agree that "responsible pet ownership" is the only way to go, and pet-ucation is paramount
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

lol you wouldnt want my mutts in your house, trust me.

I agree that "responsible pet ownership" is the only way to go, and pet-ucation is paramount

Your mutts don't live in squalor though
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 1:04 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Hey just one thing

we had a dog that lived outside as I am allergic to dogs and my sons and husband really wanted one! we carefully researched what dogs could live outside and got a border terrier he had a big kennel which had heating in it and was loved by all and died at 19 years old!

please don't jump to conclusions if you see a dog living outside our dog was deeply loved but I am so allergic to them I end up in hospital with a very severe asthma attack due to always having had A DOG and becoming gradually more and more allergic.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 1:06 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought I'd add my tuppence worth in here FWIW

Dogs, as many of you know, are naturally outside animals. They live in dens and hunt in packs etc.....yadda yadda!!

So long as the area in which they live has shade, shelter, water and food and is kept clean - there is nowt wrong (again IMHO) with a dog living outside! It is rare you will find an Aussie dog living 'inside'!

I can vouch for Mr Timbers experience with dogs and the welfare they receive! Both Steve and his wife are VERY experienced and caring dog owners and know their stuff! We had the pleasure of meeting their 'little' pups last week - a fine bunch of very happy healthy looking mammals if ever I saw one!!!!
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Good onya Farideh.

We all need someone to look out for us from time to time, its a good way !

Just keep your eyes peeled, and perhaps, if you see the neighbour, then say WHAT A GORGEOUS PUPPY, you must be so proud.

You probs will find they realise they are on show, and will act more positively knowing others respect their choice.

A kind of a semi-on-purpose-boost

Ste
I will do that, but nobody in my street talk to each other they are too posh to talk. .
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 1:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Eastend Girl
Your mutts don't live in squalor though
well they live here
Attached Thumbnails Animal Lover ( Aussies and Poms )-kennels.jpg  
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 1:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
I will do that, but nobody in my street talk to each other they are too posh to talk. .
pmsl, fair to say, walking around with a shotgun wont help lol
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

I love my boys

what a lovely pair.....of shelties
Attached Thumbnails Animal Lover ( Aussies and Poms )-theboys.jpg  
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 1:09 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The OH
I love my boys

what a lovely pair.....of shelties
Cor blimey.........a luvverly pair indeedy!!
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

well they live here
A bleedin palace mate!! And not a poo in sight!!
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 1:14 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Cor blimey.........a luvverly pair indeedy!!
Bet they get pampered a lot.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.