Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Animal Lover ( Aussies and Poms )

Animal Lover ( Aussies and Poms )

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:15 am
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Animal Lover ( Aussies and Poms )

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Cor blimey.........a luvverly pair indeedy!!
your an animal an animal!!! but they are bit of a handful
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:22 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
well they live here
Shit thats better than where im living now

Seriously though it is hard to stay stum if you see or THINK you see somone being cruel to any animal,some people feel able to get into someone's face whilst others will shy away.I would agree with Timber that maybe a quiet word about how WELL they LOOK AFTER their dog might suffice in letting them know you know,but if people dont think they can do that then they might aswell suffer in silence,perhaps like the dog.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

pmsl, fair to say, walking around with a shotgun wont help lol
No it wont, but be my guest you go with your shotgun, I just say i dont know you.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:05 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Shit thats better than where im living now

Seriously though it is hard to stay stum if you see or THINK you see somone being cruel to any animal,some people feel able to get into someone's face whilst others will shy away.I would agree with Timber that maybe a quiet word about how WELL they LOOK AFTER their dog might suffice in letting them know you know,but if people dont think they can do that then they might aswell suffer in silence,perhaps like the dog.
Exactly my point, and very well said. It must be hard, approaching someone over a potentially contentious issue. However, what they often do is phone the RSPCA.
In our case, we had a visit, and trust me under QLD law, if you have a registered kennels, you are policed very very strictly. Even down to water quality, yard sizes, fencing quality, noise suppression.

Its not easy, and at times you despair at the over zealous and pen pushing nature, but on reflection its a good thing.
We keep saying rspca but in fact its animal welfare officers under the jurisdiction of the local council. They have very strong powers, and can impose very high fines.

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
No it wont, but be my guest you go with your shotgun, I just say i dont know you.
LOL my mates a bushy, and brought his shotgun to our new years eve bash, I can arrange it
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly my point, and very well said. It must be hard, approaching someone over a potentially contentious issue. However, what they often do is phone the RSPCA.
In our case, we had a visit, and trust me under QLD law, if you have a registered kennels, you are policed very very strictly. Even down to water quality, yard sizes, fencing quality, noise suppression.

Its not easy, and at times you despair at the over zealous and pen pushing nature, but on reflection its a good thing.
We keep saying rspca but in fact its animal welfare officers under the jurisdiction of the local council. They have very strong powers, and can impose very high fines.

LOL my mates a bushy, and brought his shotgun to our new years eve bash, I can arrange it
Surely an odd firework or two would have sufficed to welcome in the new year ! (oh shit forgot they're banned ! Your forgiven!)
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Well just tell your mate I live in Desparte house wife aveune, easy to find if your mates watch despatre house wife, thats the name of my street.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The OH
but they are bit of a handful
YABA DABA DOOOOH!
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:55 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Animal Lover ( Aussies and Poms )

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Dont worry Ste, it is a bit strange for me to see from my balcony into their garden, I'm not being nosey, its just you cant avoid not seeing the little puppy, looking so sad, they dont abuse it or anything, its just left outside, rain or shine, I found it a bit strange, that's all, it feels like leaving your child outside.
What I view might not be out of ordinary here, as I mentioned I use to see it in Adelaide too that the dog use to live outside.
All I really wanted to know was if it was normal practice here, I havent seen the owners ever abusing their puppy at all.
Anyway, Chris doesnt come here that often, he leaves it to his chatty wife to do all the talking, which is me Farideh, the thread was started by me.

Cheers

Farideh
Unlike Poms, who seem happy to keep an entire menagerie in their lounge rooms (my in-laws have 4 dogs and 2 cats, ALL of whom reside in the house), Australians tend to keep their dogs outside, and their cats inside.

That's a generalisation, but it usually holds true. And of course, the Australian weather is usually more favourable to an outside lifestyle, for which dogs themselves are entirely suited.

Does the puppy have a kennel?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:08 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Further to the recent puppy thread, started bt Chris and Farideh.

I apologise if it seemed, out of taste to actually point out to another member that her comments seemed overly aggressive, and disecting her comments and replying to them separately.

Her comments were aggresive ?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scott
Her comments were aggresive ?
Very.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Very.
well if you pick a fight with someone , i would expect them to get aggressive
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

well if you pick a fight with someone , i would expect them to get aggressive
Didn't happen like that but it's done and dusted now so it doesn't matter
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Didn't happen like that but it's done and dusted now so it doesn't matter
is that so ? ok
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:38 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

is that so ? ok
whats ya point ?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

There is no need to rake up the closed threads. Her comments have been deleted and the matter addressed directly with her by another mod (not myself). Timber has been good enough to post at length here explaining his points in more detail, and he has apologised to anyone offended by his remarks.

Please don't let this go the same way as the other threads. It is NOT a debate about anyone picking a fight with anyone else, it IS about the different ways that pet dogs are viewed in Australia and the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.