Animal cruelty

Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal cruelty

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
I was wondering the same. I'm sure it could have been taken to a vets, and if nothing could be done then put to sleep in a more humane way.
Oz kills millions of kangaroos a year, a lot of aussies would see it as no worse than killing a rat. Harsh but sadly thats a fact.

We have kangaroos on our land and I find it sad so many are killed, as they live in real family groups, the male protects the young and the female, and we have never found them aggressive despite their size
Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:47 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Oz kills millions of kangaroos a year, a lot of aussies would see it as no worse than killing a rat. Harsh but sadly thats a fact.

We have kangaroos on our land and I find it sad so many are killed, as they live in real family groups, the male protects the young and the female, and we have never found them aggressive despite their size
It's sad given that the Kangaroo is a national symbol.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

I realise this. But I'm talking about this specific incident.

It's obviously in a fairly built up area, and wouldn't have been difficult to get to a vets. But no, sod that - lets just shoot it. This is the type of thing I'm referring to.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:51 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
Why did it have to be shot in the first place?
They couldn't get someone to do the job at that time of day. It was a dangerous road hazard and had to be killed.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...006301,00.html
Police phoned for an animal ranger to assess the kangaroo and its badly broken leg, but there was no one available.

The sergeant raised his .38 revolver and did what he had to do. A police spokesman said the kangaroo was unpredictable and might have injured somebody or limped back on to the major road and caused a collision.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

In other words - 'it was too much effort'.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

It's sad given that the Kangaroo is a national symbol.
Yep, marketed as cute and cuddly to overseas, as well as being on the crest etc, however they actually consider them a pest. Threat to the land, which is strange as they are obviously native. Think its to do with crops too.

Go right out west a big station or something, harsh attitude to most animals sadly
Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:55 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by copa
They couldn't get someone to do the job at that time of day. It was a dangerous road hazard and had to be killed.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...006301,00.html
Yes of course. That road looks so busy.

Plus how hard can it be to catch an injured Kangaroo that is lying down?!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I realise this. But I'm talking about this specific incident.

It's obviously in a fairly built up area, and wouldn't have been difficult to get to a vets. But no, sod that - lets just shoot it. This is the type of thing I'm referring to.
OK, the news was saying if it had a broken limb it couldnt be fixed, how true that is I dont know
Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:56 am
Banned

OK, the news was saying if it had a broken limb it couldnt be fixed, how true that is I dont know
If it had a broken leg how can it be a road hazard?
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm not having a dig at you, I know you're saying what has been reported. But who knew it had a broken limb that couldn't be fixed? Was there a vet present?

This kind of bullshit winds me up so much.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:06 am
Banned

I'm not having a dig at you, I know you're saying what has been reported. But who knew it had a broken limb that couldn't be fixed? Was there a vet present?

Maybe overweight policemen are now trained vets?
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Exactly, in reality it was probably ' just another ' roo, thousands are killled every day in oz so was anyone really going to worry about one more.

However as you say, media gets hold so it gets whitewashed with some BS.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:16 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

If it had a broken leg how can it be a road hazard?
They can "roll"/"hobble" around ... I've seen it a few times in Canberra .. not a pretty site.

If they still have one working leg they can rip your guts out with one well aimed kick.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

You do hear of horrible cases of animal cruelty in the UK but I must say it has been a shock here.

What annoys me is land is being built on so what are the animals meant to do that lived there before?Sue.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:20 am
Banned

Originally Posted by copa
If they still have one working leg they can rip your guts out with one well aimed kick.
Come on it's a Kangaroo not a Polar Bear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.