Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Americans...absolute classic

Americans...absolute classic

Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Americans...absolute classic

A colleague is over in Sioux Falls, South Dakota on business. He's just sent me this...

True story, 5 minutes ago - Great conversation in the hotel bar with a chap asking the barman about a film on the TV, "how many films are there in this trilogy", barman replies "3", chap said "I thought there was only 2" barman says "you might be right". Could not believe it.

I think there is every chance they may be related.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:40 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Americans...absolute classic

Originally Posted by haggis supper
A colleague is over in Sioux Falls, South Dakota on business. He's just sent me this...

True story, 5 minutes ago - Great conversation in the hotel bar with a chap asking the barman about a film on the TV, "how many films are there in this trilogy", barman replies "3", chap said "I thought there was only 2" barman says "you might be right". Could not believe it.

Related to you?
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the barman was being sarcastic - maybe he was fed up with moronic customers. Maybe the customer was attempting to be funny. Maybe they are both thick
Old Aug 25th 2008, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Related to you?
Oooh, get you. You city types are all the same.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Maybe the barman was being sarcastic - maybe he was fed up with moronic customers. Maybe the customer was attempting to be funny. Maybe they are both thick
I'm going to go for the latter. I suggested he ask them how many were in a 'sequel'.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 4:49 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh, get you. You city types are all the same.
Us city types are also free some lunchtimes for Coffee.....hint.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Us city types are also free some lunchtimes for Coffee.....hint.

Where are us city types based at some lunchtimes ?
Old Aug 25th 2008, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

JoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to all

Not just the Yanks......when Mum was a young lass, back in the olden days in Elland, Yorkshire, she was larking about with two mates, when a friend's Mum commented: "EEEEE, you three are a right pair"
Old Aug 25th 2008, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

eve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to all

I have been known to have a 'dull as dishwater' moment myself

Catching a coach back from Glasgow my mate and I got seperated, she calls across to me and says 'we are sitting next to identical twins' my dumbass reply was

'how do you know?'

I think the whole coach erupted into hysterics
Old Aug 25th 2008, 10:47 am
A rather curious boy

Where are us city types based at some lunchtimes ?
Us city types are based on Elizabeth Street.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Us city types are based on Elizabeth Street.
Damn, us bankers are close by in Bourke Street. 500 to be precise. I dare say we can find a convenient place to debate BE, Melbourne and all things Scottish.

I'll bring some tablet and a Sunday Post. Help ma boab.

Will I be able to understand your accent ?
Old Aug 25th 2008, 11:30 pm
A rather curious boy

Damn, us bankers are close by in Bourke Street. 500 to be precise. I dare say we can find a convenient place to debate BE, Melbourne and all things Scottish.

I'll bring some tablet and a Sunday Post. Help ma boab.

Will I be able to understand your accent ?
It will be a touch refined for your rough Ayrshire ears.

We will pm for time and place.