Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ahhh the British Spring time

Ahhh the British Spring time

Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:30 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ahhh the British Spring time

Twas sat in my garden admiring the Spring bloom earlier, with a jumper on as the wind was a little chilly, thinking 'thank fck the 4 1/2 months of cold, damp, miserable sh!te is over' and Mrs L brought up an interesting point, with her soft hands wrapped around a hot cup of tea.

Whilst the days are currently lighter than a Perth winter, it's still considerably colder here at the mo. More evidence that everything in life is relative, and here we were, so grateful winter is gone, marveling in a Spring, that in comparison to the middle of Perth's winter daytimes, is cold and oppressive!!

Just can't wait to be there now.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:38 pm
flirt

stutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ahhh the British Spring time

us neither!!!! just need to sell the flippin house
Tess
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn
Twas sat in my garden admiring the Spring bloom earlier, with a jumper on as the wind was a little chilly, thinking 'thank fck the 4 1/2 months of cold, damp, miserable sh!te is over' and Mrs L brought up an interesting point, with her soft hands wrapped around a hot cup of tea.

Whilst the days are currently lighter than a Perth winter, it's still considerably colder here at the mo. More evidence that everything in life is relative, and here we were, so grateful winter is gone, marveling in a Spring, that in comparison to the middle of Perth's winter daytimes, is cold and oppressive!!

It's great isn't it when you know (well hope) that spring has finally sprung, we even cooked the joint of meat on the BBQ today. sat outside enjoying the sun, with a fleece on - LOL
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:41 pm
flirt

stutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond repute

oooooh just rub it in why don't you
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stutess
oooooh just rub it in why don't you
I'm still in the UK, did you have bad weather today in Lincoln
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:51 pm
flirt

Originally Posted by DebraH
I'm still in the UK, did you have bad weather today in Lincoln
the wind has been blowing a gale, but the sun has been out, but very cold
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:53 pm
flirt

If I sat outside today my coffee would have been stone cold before I put it on the patio table, thats if I did'nt blow away lol
tess xx
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:54 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

It's great isn't it when you know (well hope) that spring has finally sprung, we even cooked the joint of meat on the BBQ today. sat outside enjoying the sun, with a fleece on - LOL
Funny you should say that. Last week, I found an old throw away Barbie in the garage. As the forecast was dry for the afternoon, I blew the dust off and set it up.

Could I light the fckin thing? The wind was so strong, that when I did finally light it (half a box of Swan Vestas later), only about one brick was actually good for cooking on.

We ended up finishing everything off under the grill, and eating in front of the TV.

Ahhh the British Spring time.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:57 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Aye. We were out about today - went to a place called Leckhampton Hill, which overlooks the delights of Cheltenham. Fair old breeze blowing, but at least it wasn't raining.

Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hutch
Aye. We were out about today - went to a place called Leckhampton Hill, which overlooks the delights of Cheltenham. Fair old breeze blowing, but at least it wasn't raining.

that cloud looks pretty low
Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by stutess
If I sat outside today my coffee would have been stone cold before I put it on the patio table, thats if I did'nt blow away lol
tess xx
LOL well it wasn't that windy down here in Berkshire, but the BBQ did blow out a few times before it finally caught
Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:05 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

that cloud looks pretty low
lol - no shit - welcome to England, low cloud-base tastic! In blighty's defence, that spots nearly 300metres above sea level, and I took that photo aiming up
Old Apr 17th 2006, 8:33 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ahhh the British Spring time

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn

I had the window open all day, enjoying the fresh cold breeze.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 9:31 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I have to laugh everytime I see the Mastercard advert, where the man is in the pouring rain and wind mowing his lawn, setting up outdoor furniture and then trying to light the BBQ and keep his brolly up at the same time.

Then the sun comes out and all is well
Old Apr 17th 2006, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
I have to laugh everytime I see the Mastercard advert, where the man is in the pouring rain and wind mowing his lawn, setting up outdoor furniture and then trying to light the BBQ and keep his brolly up at the same time.

Then the sun comes out and all is well
...for about half an hour

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.